Gamers start campaign to end Wii U/3DS region locking.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 16,987
  • Replies 186
  • Likes 15

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care about region locks, but I still think it is cool if Nintendo remove them for the people who do care. To import a game(most of the time Japanese), you need to understand that language. Also importing a game is mad expensive. For example, I see a lot of Vita Japanese games priced at almost $100 in ebay and play Asia, while it really cost much much less.
Nope. Japanese games are expensive by nature. Take Project Diva F for example. Launch price on Amazon JP is 7,329 Yen, which translates to around 70 to 75 United State dollars (USD).

Here US launch price of Project Diva F is 50 USD, that is at least 29% cheaper than Japanese launch prices.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
I usually search for the flaws in ideas before I praise them, but...surprisingly I can't find any flaws with this idea.

I mean, it can't hurt to inform Nintendo that we're not exactly pleased about region locking (are any consumers?), and hey, Nintendo might actually consider changing their stance in the future to please the fans.

It would be great PR for Nintendo, "Nintendo listens to fans, reconsiders region-locking".

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But when Microsoft reverses DRM on the Xbox One, they get a plethora of rape analogies on GBATemp...

I'd love to see you post links proving that. Rape analogies? Why didn't anyone tell me this!?

images

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My eyes!! They're soiled! I'll never be able to look at Microsoft, GBA Temp or its members the same ever again! My respect for them and this company have officially been destroyed, I need a breather, this is too much for me to take in....the rape references, the simultaneously chimerical yet infecund rape references...were just overly stolid.
Stop bumping up your diction when you talk to me.

What does any of this have to do with mythological creatures (chimera), the biological fertility of women (infecund) or stolidity? You can speak about serious subjects with subjectivity or projecting emotions. Euphemism is downplaying the context's importance, not the attitude.

You're about as eloquent as a children's pop-up-book narrative.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop bumping up your diction when you talk to me.

What does any of this have to do with mythological creatures (chimera), the biological fertility of women (infecund) or stolidity? You can speak about serious subjects with subjectivity or projecting emotions. Euphemism is downplaying the context's importance, not the attitude.

You're about as eloquent as a children's pop-up-book narrative.

Verily, thou hast spoken the words of a true spokesman. For you see, it behooveth the will of those whom are, at this time, participating in the current thread to casteth out the one who is without intelligence continueth to utter slander. Thou wouldst accuse me of speaking after the manner of those who compose children's novels? A rather interesting comparison, is it not?

Reactions: grossaffe

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verily, thou hast spoken the words of a true spokesman. For you see, it behooveth the will of those whom are, at this time, participating in the current thread to casteth out the one who is without intelligence continueth to utter slander. Thou wouldst accuse me of speaking after the manner of those who compose children's novels? A rather interesting comparison, is it not?
Even your Anglo-Saxon dialect is misused.

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a minute there, I thought you were actually trying to respond with a small degree of perceptible intelligence. I was really looking forward to a legitimate response.
You are one weird kid. Are you like this in real life? Go ahead and block me again.

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So much randomness going on on this page.

Also you can't possibly hate a internet user, it could be a robot as far as you know

or an alien

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing is though, it would completely SHIT on Nintendo America, because everyone will be buying games from Japan (because they are usually released earlier) and Nintendo America will get no sales.

Despite the higher import costs and the fact that games are in fucking Japanese I don't see how this could be wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F