Gamefreak POSSIBLY Considering Pokemon Ruby And Sapphire Remakes (3DS)

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, they would be in no way obligated to remake the first gen again. That doesn't fit into the pattern they have going as far as remakes are concerned.

First gen
Second gen
Third gen -> Remade first gen
Fourth gen -> Remade second gen
Fifth gen (on the same console as four previous games :O) -> Time to remake the third gen

This pattern will likely continue until they hit the point that a remake won't change how the game looks and the amount of content substantially.

I thought this was the pattern... :unsure:

GB:
Red/Blue
Yellow
Gold/Silver
GBC:
Crystal(current gen revision)
GBA:
Ruby/Sappire
FireRed/LeafGreen(previous gen revision)
Emerald(current gen revision)
DS:
Diamond/Pearl
Platinum(current gen revision)
HeartGold/SoulSilver(previous gen revision)
Black/White
??????
3DS:
??????

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

GB:
Red/Blue
Yellow
GBC:
Gold/Silver
GBA:
Ruby/Sappire
DS:
Diamond/Pearl
Black/White
??????
3DS:
??????
Fixed, as Gold/Silver were GBC too c:

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
emerald in my humble opinion is the best pokemon game ever made. It had the story of ruby and sapphire and the final challenge island [whatever it's called] was really hard and added a TON of replay value than any other pokemon game that comes after [no pokemon game after had as many different challenges and variety]

EDIT: It's called the battle frontier [thanks wikipedia]

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry, instead of just releasing the same games OVER and OVER again, (AKA everything since Red and Blue.) why don't they finally give the fans what they've always wanted, an online console version?

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry, instead of just releasing the same games OVER and OVER again, (AKA everything since Red and Blue.) why don't they finally give the fans what they've always wanted, an online console version?
I didn't know that I'd always wanted that, I always thought that I wanted Pokemon to stay portable :O

Learn something new every day :D

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emerald in my humble opinion is the best pokemon game ever made. It had the story of ruby and sapphire and the final challenge island [whatever it's called] was really hard and added a TON of replay value than any other pokemon game that comes after [no pokemon game after had as many different challenges and variety]

EDIT: It's called the battle frontier [thanks wikipedia]
No no, you are absolutely right. Emerald was the best game with the best expansions. with 7 frontier brains it still has more than any preceding it. It was also the only GBA game that you could catch Mew in.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pokemon Emerald is my favourite of all time pokemon games. If they do remake it, that'd be nice. Anyway they only said they'll consider it, development may take some time and who knows when they slot this in, after 6th gen perhaps or do they start the first set of 3DS games with hoenn remakes.

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd love an R/S remake. R/S were great and Emerald was fantastic, fixing everything that was wrong with R/S. Even though it'd be a remake they could add tons of new gameplay features. SpotPass for new TV shows/Secret Base items, StreetPass to share secret bases, more online features/battle modes.

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

GB:
Red/Blue
Yellow
GBC:
Gold/Silver
GBA:
Ruby/Sappire
DS:
Diamond/Pearl
Black/White
??????
3DS:
??????

Gold and Silver are GB and GBC enchanted

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I do not think a wizard did it. They were maybe GBC enhanced, but I do not think Nintendo used that term back then.

Reactions: 1 person

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
OH YEAH!

I it was the first Pokemon game I ever completed and that's why I have a soft spot for those games.
I wonder if they would do a Pokemon Emerald remake...

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GB:
Red/Blue
Yellow
GBC:
Gold/Silver
GBA:
Ruby/Sappire
DS:
Diamond/Pearl
Black/White
??????
3DS:
??????

Gold and Silver are GB and GBC enchanted

Gold and Silver were released originally as a GB game in Japan. At the time the GBC hadn't been released in Japan yet.

In NA the game was rewritten as a GBC game with Original GB compatibility. By this time, the GBC had been out for around a year or two in America.

I'm not sure about EA region, but I believe they got GBC versions.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, they would be in no way obligated to remake the first gen again. That doesn't fit into the pattern they have going as far as remakes are concerned.

First gen
Second gen
Third gen -> Remade first gen
Fourth gen -> Remade second gen
Fifth gen (on the same console as four previous games :O) -> Time to remake the third gen

This pattern will likely continue until they hit the point that a remake won't change how the game looks and the amount of content substantially.

Yes, but no. This would be the first time where a generation to be remade also already contains a remade generation. I'm not saying that they should remake the first generation again by any means. What I am saying is that the remake of the first generation is just as far behind mechanically as the 3rd generation. So my point is, if the 3rd generation is to be remade than why shouldn't the first generation be remade again as well?
because it has already been remade?

way to cut off my comment before I speak about how bad of an idea it is.

I guess the real question is, why remake a pokemon game? I always thought it was to enhance it and allow it to interact with the more current generations of pokemon. But I suppose it could be for nostalgia sake. I can't really argue against nostalgia, aside from the fact that the 3rd generation was the worst generation in my honest opinion.

But if its to bring it up to modern standards and allow interactivity with the current generations of pokemon, then yes Red and Blue would also need to be remade again because they are just as far behind as Ruby and Saphire. And in that respect they really need to stop making remakes.

I say if they want to allow interactivity with the 4th and 5th gens, then make enhanced virtual console titles. I"m sure its much easier said than done, but they could bring Ruby and Sapphire to the 3DS virutal console and add a mode that somehow allows you to trade with the 4th and 5th gens. I would much rather see something like that so that they can actually focus more on a brand new pokemon for the 3DS.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I loved 3rd gen, but I would rather have a new game. Please, I'm currently getting sick of remakes. I really am! like Firered (it wasn't good really) and Heartgold +SS (those wern't bad), but why having something remade when a new list of possible games is possible.

My vote goes to another Stadium or Colloseum game.

D

Deleted User

Oh no, not another terrible, money-grabbing re-hashed "update"
Something original time, Game Freak?

SuperMarioMaster

Trophies
Website
s14.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why people want an Emerald remake. The Ruby & Sapphire remakes ARE the Emerald remake. Heart Gold and Soul Silver were a remake of Gold/Silver and had Crystal's story line/elements into it. The Ruby and Sapphire remakes are going to have Emeralds story line regardless of it being a Ruby and Sapphire remake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel