Hacking GameCube/Wii Emulator coming to PS3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see the GameCube working (aside from the shoulder buttons) but the Wii is gonna be a problem.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
_Chaz_ said:
I can see the GameCube working (aside from the shoulder buttons) but the Wii is gonna be a problem.

What's wrong with the soulder buttons?

And if you have a Move and an Eye, you can emulate a Wiimote perfectly!

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
_Chaz_ said:

The PS3 controller has 4 shoulder buttons (L1,L2,R1,R2) the Gamecube controller only 3 (L,R,z). What's the problem?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Lube_Skyballer said:
_Chaz_ said:

The PS3 controller has 4 shoulder buttons (L1,L2,R1,R2) the Gamecube controller only 3 (L,R,z). What's the problem?

yeah i don't think that will be a problem at all, the DS3 has more than enough buttons for the gamecube, lets hope this emulator runs at decent speed (not 1 frame per second), i wouldn't mind playing some gamecube games on my ps3
smile.gif

edit: there may be no hope for this because if they can't get a sega saturn emulator to run properly on the ps3 i am sure this won't run either LOL

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jax said:
_Chaz_ said:

GameCube controllers, if I'm not mistaken, have another button that is pressed when the shoulder button is completely down. Ever try playing Dolphin with a PS3 controller? It's a bit difficult when that is needed.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
_Chaz_ said:
Jax said:
_Chaz_ said:

GameCube controllers, if I'm not mistaken, have another button that is pressed when the shoulder button is completely down. Ever try playing Dolphin with a PS3 controller? It's a bit difficult when that is needed.

That would be easily emulated if they make it to where if L2 or R2 are depressed 100% the secondary button press is triggered.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
People won't care if it can output the games HD or not as long as it lets them pirate Wii games.

Besides, isn't the big part of rendering a higher ouput in the video portion? Assuming the emulator is ported correctly (which it should be in order to run reasonably well) then it should be capable of using the PS3's video hardware to output higher resolutions than the Wii's native with absolutely no sweat... unless the strain of emulating the Wii is to the point that the emulator needs to siphon off a portion of the GPU's capacity...

But this is random guessing.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:
Stevetry said:
i hope is does not work

I hope you will take a long walk off a short pier, but you don't hear me whining about it.

current gen consoles been able to emulate each other is wrong emulating past consoles is ok but this can hurt the future there should be a limit and by god i hope this doe not work if sony fans hated the wii so much why would them want to play the games

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Dolphin was intended for i386 & x64. But all those cpu`s inside PS3 will let handle these opcodes fairly well. Aside from GPU and stuff, that seem to be more complex.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Stevetry said:
TwinRetro said:
Stevetry said:
i hope is does not work

I hope you will take a long walk off a short pier, but you don't hear me whining about it.

current gen consoles been able to emulate each other is wrong emulating past consoles is ok but this can hurt the future there should be a limit and by god i hope this doe not work if sony fans hated the wii so much why would them want to play the games

In one point, I do agree with you. a Wii emulator is just pants on head retarded, but I really wouldnt mind a GCN emulator, but unfortunately, this will do both, so imo you have to take the good with the bad on this one.

Oh, and to the people saying "LOL WIIMOTE EMULATION EASY WITH PS MOVE" Just no. The Wiimote and the PS Move work in completely different ways, and it's completely different hardware (Not to mention the button layout would be completely awkward). PS Move to Wiimote emulation may be possible, but I know it will take a LOT of work for it even to even be a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo