[GAMEBOY ADVANCE] Pokemon Gold / Silver - Clock prompt at start of game

prcy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This seems like a long shot, but I found a post from over 3 years ago linking to a now empty Dropbox file which included an .ips file that would prompt you to reset your clock whenever you would launch Pokemon Gold or Silver.

Does anyone by chance have this file and could very kindly upload it for me to download? Or perhaps create it again? If I knew what I was doing I would make it, but I don't!

Thanks

[EDIT: I understand I could do this using a calculator and password, but it's slightly tedious to do so at every launch...]

Last edited by prcy,

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remove the .txt extension since gbatemp doesnt allow uploading ips patches apparently.

seriously, why the restrictions on extensions? it didnt prevent me from uploading this not allowed file type, and is just kinda annoying. ive seen lots of people just zipping files. but this is only 23 bytes, zipping it would make it almost 10x larger for no reason. /rant

sorry for the ranting

Attachments

• Pokemon Gold clockhax.ips.txt
    23 bytes · Views: 341
Last edited by tvall, , Reason: ranting
Reactions: prcy

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
remove the .txt extension since gbatemp doesnt allow uploading ips patches apparently.

seriously, why the restrictions on extensions? it didnt prevent me from uploading this not allowed file type, and is just kinda annoying. ive seen lots of people just zipping files. but this is only 23 bytes, zipping it would make it almost 10x larger for no reason. /rant

sorry for the ranting
Maybe bring this up in the site discussion section, you do put forward a good point. You'll probably get a proper answer from somebody knowledgeable in the matter there.

Reactions: spruced

prcy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

sorry for the ranting

Worked perfectly, thank you so much!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sorry for the ranting
I suppose it's technically possible that the uploader flags it as executable (and therefore possibly malicious) code, but that seems like a stretch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*