What!? I can change this??
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sooo I spent most of my day outside today because it was soo gosh darn nice out. Jumped in the car, drove a short while and found myself a nice trail through the woods.
It made me really happy to get some good exercise, be out in the sun and not have some constant mind-numbing stimulation being beamed at me. Way too much of my days include that junk. Honestly, I got stoned off the rocks, high off the heights and gorged myself with gorges. The woods gave me wood you could say. No worries, I didn't hug trees or molest animals. It was nice to take a dip in my own stream of conciousness.

Had an interesting thought as I walked the banks of an old log flume, its rushing waters the perfect white noise for my deliberation. I began to find shards of glass, containers, pottery bottles and such. But these were older pieces. The glass was in many different shades brilliant azure, dark smokey black, perfect emerald green. There were patterns, different shapes and imperfections...I began to collect them. I stopped and thought to myself the classic line "one man's trash is another man's treasure" but then I realized that this "trash" was different. And I couldn't imagine someone looking through my trash 100 years after I dumped it and seeing the treasures I saw today.

No one will appreciate the trash we leave behind these days. A sad and sobering thought...
So I took "trash" out of the woods today and left nothing of mine behind. I feel good about that.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I envy you. I wish I had woods in range of my feet.

No vehicle means not much chance of wilderness.

But I have a small park in range of a bike. It's great to get some green. Very good for the brain.

Our "civilization" eventually needs to be purged from the psyche.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PBC said:
It was nice to take a dip in my own stream of consciousness.
Nice line, and an excellent post. Reminds me I need to take a break from my life soon and go for a hike. Just me and the dog in the Adirondacks. Nothing better.

Where in NY are you from? I live a little north of Albany myself. This is the perfect time of year up here to enjoy the wilderness. Just can't do too much swimming.
biggrin.gif

I really like the line in your sig too. Very creative, and gave me a good chuckle.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the fact that we still have places where we can go to where we can minimize our attachment to technology for a brief period of time. Thanks for sharing a great reason why they still exist.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Adirondacks is infact where I was hiking and I live on the border of the adirondack park (which is huge anyway I know) so I'm always in the wild really. I love the place, I've climbed acouple of the high peaks and more lesser known mountains and trails. I see Wild turkey, deer, bunnies, all sorts of birds and ground rodents hehe almost daily. Its quite refreshing and I'm not much of a city person anyway.

Thanks for the kind comments guys!

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love England... I live all but 5 minutes drive/bus journey or 30 minutes walk from some of the largest moorland in the UK, and about two minutes walk from a huge forest, lake and two picturesque valleys with streams with little waterfalls in. That's Lancashire/Yorkshire for you
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.