Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the great tutorial. one question:-
- in the otp dumping guide, is is possible to dump otp when in emunand instead of restore 2.1 emunand to sysnand

V3N0MBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any help, got arm installed, but i can't see FBI, there is no Health icon here.
Tryied recover from sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin and emuNAND.bin, and the Health and Safety aren't there.
How can i recover this??

Edit:

Tryied to flash emuNAND.bin again from HomemuHax and now i'm bricked, only blue screen over here. So don't do that people ....

Have to hardmod now to recover.

Edit:

Recovered from sysNAND.bin, now starts over again.

Last edited by V3N0MBR,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0
This is confusing as people may understand that you need your CFW to be on 9.0 - 9.2 meaning your EmuNAND to be on 9.0 - 9.2
Remember that not everyone is a native English speaker.
I'd suggest something like that:
If you already have a CFW setup, with your SysNAND on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0...

Great guide anyway, I just need the motivation to stop reading it and actually follow it :)

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm gonna post a problem I had with this from another thread hopefully someone knows what went wrong.

"I've been following the merged N3ds/O3ds guide and everything was going swimmingly until the very end.

Everything went wrong at Part 5 step 31 "Exploiting arm9" should be nearly instant, if you get stuck restart and try again
It froze the first time so I restarted the process. the exploiting arm9 flashed for a bit then left but nothing else happened after that
I waited on it and decided to turn it off and back on and I'm instantly in emunand. All my games are there. So im guessing it successfully turned my emuNAND.bin that I renamed to NAND into my sysNAND. But I'm not sure how I should continue from here, I couldn't set up Cakes and and FBI like the guide requires me to do.
I have no idea where I should go from here or from what step I should restart from can anyone help me out?

So I did some looking around in the system settings and confirmed a few things.
My emunand is somehow now my sysnand and that puts me on firmware 10.6 which is a real bummer so i probably have to downgrade again. arm9loaderhax did NOT install because taking out the sd card didn't cause any errors when turning on the console."

I recreated emunand and reformatted sysnand. I'm willing to try the entire process again but I'm still wondering what happened.
Also I would like to know if I could take the sysnand backup I made in the very beginning of the guide and restore it to sysnand.

EDIT: Is it normal that cakesFW fails to boot into emunand. 25% of the time it just gives me a black screen and I'm forced to reboot the console.

Last edited by skullpatch,

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following perfectly up until part 4, section IV of the guide [ https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP) ],
I tried to restore sysnand and it failed in OTPhelper, saying "Not a proper NAND backup, might be bricked!"
I am using Windows 10 and I was wondering what could have caused my sysNAND.bin to be like this. If there's any workaround? I also tried to restore my 9.2 sysnand and got the same error. Did transferring my file from SD to my HDD mess it up somehow? :(
also, system is a 2DS

So if I'm totally screwed out of my backups, should I start over again by updating from 2.1 to 9.2?
I can try doing this with my Win7 machine if anyone thinks that's more reliable.

edit: luckily found some answers in https://gbatemp.net/threads/accidentally-stuck-on-o3ds-ver-2-1-0-4u.418506/
I think am going to try updating with a game cart (Bravely Default will take me to 6.2U) and starting over. Using my other computer. Crossing my fingers.

Last edited by exangel, , Reason: answers

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem as the person above me except I'm trapped on the new 3ds. Does anyone have a solution I can use? should I stop and restart the console, maybe there is something wrong with OTPHelper.

ad1gjm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
My current A9LH using aeureinand, if I want to use Cakes do I need exploiting arm9 (using arm9loaderhax.3dsx) again ?
need your advice. thanks

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My current A9LH using aeureinand, if I want to use Cakes do I need exploiting arm9 (using arm9loaderhax.3dsx) again ?
need your advice. thanks
Just stick to AuReiNAND, they're essentially the same thing.

If you really must switch though, no need to reinstall A9LH. Simply delete the AuReiNAND files and use the Cakes files instead.

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on step 5 of a9lh.
Using the latest version of Emunand9 gives infinite black screen every time i boot it up from homebrew, what gives? Should I use the previous version?

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
No. OTP is already locked when the emuNAND is loaded. And there is no CFW that can use tje 2.1 firmware.
cheers

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

need your advice. thanks
i recommend doing it again using BootCtr9 cus u can simply edit boot config to launch your specific launcher by holding button while booting.

Reactions: Hyura

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone, i have a problem making gba vc and dsi games work on my system, i just followed plailect's guide from section 4 onwards, now i have an o3ds ver 10.6.0-31u with cakes 138 cfw on sysnand, everytime i try to play a gba or dsi game on sysnand the screen just stay black without any message, is there any way to fix this?, thanks in advance.

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question... with arm9lh would it ever be possible to drop emunand entirely or at least use linked sysnand/emunand without any problems like online access, updating 3ds, etc? Sitting on the 9.2 fence right now

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question... with arm9lh would it ever be possible to drop emunand entirely or at least use linked sysnand/emunand without any problems like online access, updating 3ds, etc? Sitting on the 9.2 fence right now
You can drop it right now. I've seen a few posts where people have given up emunand completely to save 1-2 gb of storage.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: naivegirl2411

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
You can drop it right now. I've seen a few posts where people have given up emunand completely to save 1-2 gb of storage.

Are the posts you mentioned in the arm9lh technical discussion thread? I know that there were rumours in the early stages about it but when I last checked (around a week ago) people still recommended emunand for safety (as they would always have 9.2 sysnand/never need to flash sysnand). Also do you have to reformat sd card to eliminate emunand? I still have linked nands with only devmenu installed via pasta

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the posts you mentioned in the arm9lh technical discussion thread? I know that there were rumours in the early stages about it but when I last checked (around a week ago) people still recommended emunand for safety (as they would always have 9.2 sysnand/never need to flash sysnand). Also do you have to reformat sd card to eliminate emunand? I still have linked nands with only devmenu installed via pasta
Keep it for safety or don't. Doesn't really matter now that we have D9 for a9lh. I keep it for security but it's gotten to the point where you can live without it. Yes you have to format the sd card to get rid of the emunand partition.

Reactions: naivegirl2411

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT