Full source code for GTAV has been leaked publicly

GTAV-Review.jpg

Rockstar has been one of the primary targets for leaks this year, with early footage of GTAVI leaking out before even an announcement of the game was made, to the actual trailer for it leaking before its scheduled airing time. However, all that will seem like a slight pinch compared to what was leaked next.

Some private groups have been making rounds online with what seemed to be the full source code, complete with models and assets, of GTAV, and while the source remained private for a while, the entirety of the source code has been posted publicly, with some reports mentioning a full size of around 200GB.

Not only has the source code leaked, but it seems like, within the same leak, there's some files that point to potential Bully 2 and GTAVI mentions, and there's even lists of emails and full names of employees at Rockstar Games included within the leaked files.

Rockstar has already started taking down links to the downloads, but with the source already out and rapidly gaining attraction, there's not much they can do outside of just that.

As usual with these kind of events, any links related to copyrighted data are not allowed and will be promptly removed.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rockstar has been one of the primary targets for leaks this year, with early footage of GTAVI leaking out before even an announcement of the game was made, to the actual trailer for it leaking before its scheduled airing time. However, all that will seem like a slight pinch compared to what was leaked next.

Some private groups have been making rounds online with what seemed to be the full source code, complete with models and assets, of GTAV, and while the source remained private for a while, the entirety of the source code has been posted publicly, with some reports mentioning a full size of around 200GB.

Not only has the source code leaked, but it seems like, within the same leak, there's some files that point to potential Bully 2 and GTAVI mentions, and there's even lists of emails and full names of employees at Rockstar Games included within the leaked files.

Rockstar has already started taking down links to the downloads, but with the source already out and rapidly gaining attraction, there's not much they can do outside of just that.

As usual with these kind of events, any links related to copyrighted data are not allowed and will be promptly removed.

This is actually rather bad for online. That game already has a ton of hackers. Just making it even easier for them now.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone here wants switch and Wii U ports...

Gameboy port wen!?
Consumers want more ports for their consoles because... they're that stupid?

Last edited by SylverReZ,

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm laughing at this casual gaming fucks salivating over a Switch port.

I'm porting this fucker to the Neo Geo Pocket Colour. A real handheld for hardcore gamers.
The Switch is underpowered as fuck, hence why GTA V would not quite hit the 60fps mark as expected. :rofl2:

Reactions: Bladexdsl

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I hope whatever you have isn't serious and that you're on the road to recovery.
I spit out my coffee when I read, "great child game developer". There's a big misconception among many that video games and cartoons are mainly for children. While kids naturally gravitate towards games & cartoons because they are visually appealing...GTA games were never intended for children to play, though a lot do and R* has done nothing to dissuade them because they're all about the money and don't really care about the negative impact their content has. They'll tell you it all falls on the parents (and we know not everyone is not fit to be good parents).

It's good you were an adult when the games came out. (I was almost 30 when the first one released.) With kids of my own, I would never let them play these games.

Now where can I find that source code? I want to check it out.
Thanks for looking out for me. I was hurt at work. My skull was fractured in 3 different places which made me unconscious for 39 days. The medicine doctors gave me kept me unconscious so they could work on fixing my skull. The way my skull was crushed means that my left ear no longer touches my brain which makes me entirely deaf in my left ear. I lost 3 fluid ounces of blood before I was taken to a hospital by paramedics.

Truth be told, I’m lucky to be alive and very happy I am. Especially when I talk to you folks here. You all make something that should be awful feel like a benefit because you’re all so helpful and awesome.

Thanks! I have photos willing to share. Ask, I’ll deliver. Why not, eh?

• Wow
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for looking out for me. I was hurt at work. My skull was fractured in 3 different places which made me unconscious for 39 days. The medicine doctors gave me kept me unconscious so they could work on fixing my skull. The way my skull was crushed means that my left ear no longer touches my brain which makes me entirely deaf in my left ear. I lost 3 fluid ounces of blood before I was taken to a hospital by paramedics.

Truth be told, I’m lucky to be alive and very happy I am. Especially when I talk to you folks here. You all make something that should be awful feel like a benefit because you’re all so helpful and awesome.

Thanks!
Ouch, I hope that you're recovering well, because that could've been more than just a serious injury.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch, I hope that you're recovering well, because that could've been more than just a serious injury.
I will always be left ear deaf. I’m currently unable to walk. Not that I cannot, just that the accident to my brain really destroyed my balance. I have a great memory for things I should know. High school, middle school, my wedding…

But if you tell me something, in 10 minutes I’ve forgotten it.

• Wow
Reactions: SylverReZ

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully if someone makes Wii U and Switch ports they're smart enough to upload it somewhat anonymously.
Realistically speaking, I doubt it would be uploaded. Maybe someone can do some port just to show it off, but uploading the port? That's really unlikely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.