Tutorial  Updated

Full PS Vita CFW Guide (h-encore + HENkaku Ensō)

This is a collaborative project between Plailect (author of 3ds.hacks.guide) and myself (emiyl, author of cfw.guide) to build the best possible up-to-date reference for the PS Vita (TV) hacks scene.

If you have a stock console and are looking to hack your device for the first time, simply read the information on the home page.

:arrow: Guide

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which tai Config do you edit?
ux0:tai/config.txt
or
ur0:tai/config.txt
Since the Adapter will be uma0:/ , what do you put in the Config? Still, 'ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx' ?

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which tai Config do you edit?
ux0:tai/config.txt
or
ur0:tai/config.txt
Since the Adapter will be uma0:/ , what do you put in the Config? Still, 'ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx' ?

Didn't edit any. For now i used usbmc from yifanlu and my usb storage is used as ux0: so config.txt is in ux0:tai
And using usbmc with memory card priority ---> when i insert my vitacard (8gb) it's used first as ux0 !

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the memory card would be used for what? installing games? I'm afraid u can't do that.
No ! just as uma0 for roms

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
configure config.txt in ur0. that's what it says to do after all. this is so it doesn't get deleted or replaced by swapping cards/flash drives/hdds.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, confusing now.
I just drop the gamesd.skprx into where?
as for the Adrenaline Files......those should be placed in the 'ux0:/pspemu/adrenaline/' Directory (the Modded ones of course for uma0:/), then just run the Easy Installer, select the Game I already have in place, let it do it's job, when Finished, Restart and everything should be golden, correct?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u can place the adrenaline plugins on ur0 in the adrenaline folder. the flash files can be placed on ux0 or the micro sd/flash drive/hdd. that's how I have mine setup. gamesd.skprx can technically go anywhere, but it's recommended that it go in ur0/tai for ease of use. just add the location to tai config.txt located in the same place.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so for proper confirmation: PS Vita, first Gen
Place the gamesd.skprx in the ux0:/tai folder - so it has the Driver of it
the Config.txt - Add Empty Line, drop in 'ux0:/tai/gamesd.skprx' so it knows where to find it

Adrenaline:
Place the Adrenaline Files where the Easy Installer will find them. Let it Install to the Base Game I already have Installed. Restart with the Adapter in place. Start Adrenaline and Select uma0:/ as the pspemu Location. Restart. Good to go?
One word for me figuring this out: NOOB
Currently putting all my PSP Files on the Memory Card. Got time to spare to get this sorted out. LOL
Layout of MicroSD
Untitled.jpg

Last edited by Smoker1,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u can sort them with psp filer. there's a windows app that can sort psp content in one go, but unfortunately, it doesn't work with the vita afaik. I think it's the time created u want to manipulate with time stamps. not hard, but time consuming if u have a lot of games.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, not a problem for me if they are out of Order. But my estimate on what needs to be done is correct?
What Plugins will work with Adrenaline? CWCheat, TempAR, Audio Boost, Game Categories?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. Got Adrenaline Installed. Now just need to wait till the Transfer is complete to see if it Accepts the Adapter and I can Change the Settings to it for Adrenaline.

Edit: OK........it is not Registering.

Edit 2: Yeah......the Adapter I have is crap I guess.

Last edited by Smoker1,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I read it !
Link to the SD2Vita driver that mounts your SD2Vita adapter as ux0: and your Vita memory card as uma0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcqzW6QWZzzLTItUzB3dDZ3OE0/view?usp=sharing

But i repeat I don't have sd2vita in my gamecard port. i have usb stick in usb port. So you say that it's basically the same shit ?

And by the way just a noob question : How can you mount your SD2Vita adapter as ux0: and your Vita memory card as uma0: if the SD2Vita adapter is in the Vita memory card slot ???

And .... If i want tu use my PSTV with SD2Vita in gamecard slot (ux0) and a usb stick in usb port (uma0) ? need another game.skprx ?
I know that. I guess you missed my previous edit. What your asking for is not available as far as I know.

As for your first question, the Sd2vita adapter fits in the gamecard slot, not memory card slot.

As for last question, I don't believe such a driver is available as well

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if this looks cheap or OK. Not doing anything. Card Reader in the Vita is still working. But When I put the Adapter in, it goes in all the way, but it does not Register. AT ALL.
SD2Vita Adapter (1).jpg SD2Vita Adapter (2).jpg
gamesd.skprx = ur0:tai/

Config from ux0:/tai/
Config.jpg

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Smoker1,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the red pcb is from modsiah I believe. I got one from him. works like a charm, so maybe u got a dud. I doubt he tested all several thousand.

Reactions: Smoker1

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good deal. backup your memory card using vita shell's usb connection. that way if something ever goes wrong, the system will rebuild the database via your micro sd card. make sure the tai is in us0 as well, and you'll be golden. then, u can sell your memory card. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...