Tutorial  Updated

Full PS Vita CFW Guide (h-encore + HENkaku Ensō)

This is a collaborative project between Plailect (author of 3ds.hacks.guide) and myself (emiyl, author of cfw.guide) to build the best possible up-to-date reference for the PS Vita (TV) hacks scene.

If you have a stock console and are looking to hack your device for the first time, simply read the information on the home page.

:arrow: Guide

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you get the adapter setup sd2vita the same but instead of using the ux0 mounting plugin use the uma0 plugin. You then can copy pspemu in ux0 (Vita Card) to uma0 (sd card). Then just setup adrenaline with the customised version (and if you don't know how to setup adrenaline manually you can use AdrenalineEasyInstaller Black Edition).
Not to mention can also throw the PSX Games in the Adapter since RetroArch has a option of looking into uma0:/

Reactions: jackb994

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country

I was bored so I made a website for installing HENkaku Enso, SD2Vita and Adrenaline.
http://cfw.guide/vita

The guide does not require a PC.
If you have any suggestions for improving the guide, please let me know.
Something you might want to change: in the Finalising Setup section, you put "Add the following to the file" twice:
Code:
Navigate to "ux0:tai" and paste it there
Open "config.txt"
Add the following to the file:

*main
    ux0:tai/de3.suprx

Exit and save changes
Reboot your console

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
Something you might want to change: in the Finalising Setup section, you put "Add the following to the file" twice:
Code:
Navigate to "ux0:tai" and paste it there
Open "config.txt"

*main
    ux0:tai/de3.suprx

Exit and save changes
Reboot your console
Oh whoops, thanks
Fixed!

Reactions: Jhynjhiruu

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say back up your vita memory card for using a SD. Do you mean just copy all the files to a folder and then throw that in to SD? Or a specific program to back up the memory card

Reactions: Disco

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great !
But i can't find a simple explanation for pstv
I have pstv + enso + mount (boot) usb adapter with sd as ux0:

My pb :
I also want my vitacard to mount as uma0 on boot (of course for roms and psp games) !

Can you help it ? I didn't find on you're guide (just sd2vita or usbmc.... but no mention of uma0: settings)
THX

Last edited by barak06,
Reactions: Disco

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my SD2Vita. Now just need to figure it out to get it going. What would I need to do in order to just have it run as the Storage for PSP Emu? Since RetroArch can look in the uma0:/ Directory, I can also use it to store PSX and other Roms
SD2Vita Adapter (1).jpg SD2Vita Adapter (2).jpg

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Great !
But i can't find a simple explanation for pstv
I have pstv + enso + mount (boot) usb adapter with sd as ux0:

My pb :
I also want my vitacard to mount as uma0 on boot (of course for roms and psp games) !

Can you help it ? I didn't find on you're guide (just sd2vita or usbmc.... but no mention of uma0: settings)
THX
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcqzW6QWZzzLTItUzB3dDZ3OE0/view?usp=sharing

Source:
http://wololo.net/2017/07/20/setting-sd2vita-adapter-formatting-microsd-can-done-windows/

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now just need to figure out Adrenaline to point to the uma0:/ for the pspemu. Or does the Easy Installer set that up for you if you want it to?

I know there's a mod of adrenaline that adds support for uma. there may be an official release as well (not sure). the option is in the settings. I've never messed with it though. I've only seen a screen shot of the selection.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it's made by the same dev as the vita shell mod that added imc support before the official release of it in 1.62.

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Why do you answer me with "Setting up your SD2Vita adapter – Formatting your microSD can be done on Windows"

I don't have sd2vita adapter in my card slot !
I have a usb stick with sd card in usb port and vita card in gamecard port

You tell me that is the same ?
Read the whole topic instead of just the headline. The last part of setting up the Sd2vita is having the appropriate driver..

Edit: and now is my time to read properly. So you are looking for a usbmc driver. Not sure that exists

Last edited by Madridi,

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Read the whole topic instead of just the headline. The last part of setting up the Sd2vita is having the appropriate driver..
I read it !
Link to the SD2Vita driver that mounts your SD2Vita adapter as ux0: and your Vita memory card as uma0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcqzW6QWZzzLTItUzB3dDZ3OE0/view?usp=sharing

But i repeat I don't have sd2vita in my gamecard port. i have usb stick in usb port. So you say that it's basically the same shit ?

And by the way just a noob question : How can you mount your SD2Vita adapter as ux0: and your Vita memory card as uma0: if the SD2Vita adapter is in the Vita memory card slot ???

And .... If i want tu use my PSTV with SD2Vita in gamecard slot (ux0) and a usb stick in usb port (uma0) ? need another game.skprx ?

Last edited by barak06,

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
have u tried usbmc? that's the usb driver.
Yes 'course
And work cool. I have my sdcarUsbstick in USB slot and boot as ux0 ! BUT there is memory card priority !!!
Result : when i insert my vitacard it boot first as ux0, and USB not mount !

Memory Card Priority (Yfanlu usbmc)

1. Vita memory card will be used if inserted.
  2. USB storage will be used if inserted and formatted correctly.
  3. Internal memory will be used if it exists (PSTV and PCH-2000).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know what your issue is then. r u using a vita or pstv? the 3g attachment for the 1K model vitas is considered usb as well. that, and the flash drive/hdd of the pstv.

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
don't know what your issue is then. r u using a vita or pstv? the 3g attachment for the 1K model vitas is considered usb as well. that, and the flash drive/hdd of the pstv.

Simple : Want to use USB port with USB/microsd as ux0: AND vitacard in vitacardport as uma0: on BOOT on my PSTV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...