gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I just wanted to share that I made the move from a PSP-1001 to a PSP-3001. My reason for making the switch is because my eyes are not what they used to be and the brighter, more vivant screen of the PSP-3001 is easier to see.

I was very hesitant at first because of giving up 5.50 GEN-D Prometheus-4 on my PSP-1001, but I took the plunge anyways. I threw 6.35 PRO-B3 on the new PSP and so far it’s working like a champ!

Not having the “instant on” of the older firmware’s really isn’t as big of a deal as I thought it would be (I do tend to turn my PSP off when not in use); the fast recovery works great.

To anyone that is thinking about upgrading to the more recent model PSPs, I would say go for it. The newer screens defiantly make my gaming sessions more enjoyable.

Regards.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I just got my replacement PSP Go (took a month for one to come in to a Gamestop nearby my house, year warranty).

I do like the brighter screen. At this point, with 6.35 PRO-B3, All I really sacrifice is PSX Comptaibilty, I am happy with it (Persona 2 still works =D).

I reccomend the newer models as well.

However, the 2000 is still my SUPER NUMBER ONE BEST CHOICE.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really mind a slightly dimmer screen. I used a DS Phat for ages and never hated the fact that the brightness didn't make the colors quite as crisp as a DSlite. I figure that regardless of what model of PSP I finally end up with, I'll be happy with it.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely worth upgrading, especially with the 3000s selling at $130. I was also wary that I would resent the temporary firmware, but it hasn't changed the way I operate it in the least. On the occasion that it crashes it takes a few extra seconds to launch the crack. Otherwise I rarely shut off my 2000 anyway.

The only problem is that my love for the screen expired when I bought my iPhone. Now it looks dim by comparison.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I LIKE a slightly dimmer screen (though still backlit).

They have DS lites, I have a Phat and the brightness isnt so bright.

You're getting a PSP 3k/go? I'll stick with the dimmer 2000.

I figure with a dimmer screen you can use technology for longer without your eyes hurting. Hell, my lappy's screen is always at its dimmest and my eyes never ache from using it. Consider that
wink.gif

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
if you don't like the temporary firmware, why don't you try using davee's 6.35->6.2 downgrader, then use 6.2 pro B5 Permanent?

Plus the general compatability with things is better, right?

badnat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Personally, I LIKE a slightly dimmer screen (though still backlit).

They have DS lites, I have a Phat and the brightness isnt so bright.

You're getting a PSP 3k/go? I'll stick with the dimmer 2000.

I figure with a dimmer screen you can use technology for longer without your eyes hurting. Hell, my lappy's screen is always at its dimmest and my eyes never ache from using it. Consider that
wink.gif
That's ridiculous, lol. The lowest brightness setting on the 3000 is quite dim enough for anyone's preference. The difference isn't really 'dim vs bright' anyways, but dull vs vibrant. It has a wider color gamut, which means a more colors. And if for some reason you don't like having the image look better you can always turn it off and revert to 2000's cold/dull colors... while retaining the higher refresh rate.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
obito said:
if you don't like the temporary firmware, why don't you try using davee's 6.35->6.2 downgrader, then use 6.2 pro B5 Permanent?

Plus the general compatability with things is better, right?

He MIGHT not be able to downgrade make sure to note he has to check his Mobo model with PSPident first to make sure he does not have a 9g 3000 if he happens to get one.

Downgrading to 6.20 and or installing perma would cause a PERMABRICK...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1