Gaming Friendly warning- Do not buy Devil survivor overclocked if in Europe

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The 3DS supports extra data for every game. So a patch could theoretically provided through extra data.
Mario Kart 7 already had a bug fix patch. It fixed unintended in three courses. If three maps can get updated, than these bugs can probably fit in an over the air update too.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"We deeply value the continued commitment from our devoted Ghoslight [sic] fans"
They manage to misspell their own fucking name in a message like this?
As if a crash in an important function wasn't enough to point out what they think of QA (such minor things as testing and proofreading).

Reactions: Thomas83Lin

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not being able to summon seems like a bit of a show stopper in actually enjoying the game properly.
You are able to summon, you just have to wait like 3 to 4 mins or so if it freezes. xP
The patch doesn't make the game unplayable, it just makes it annoying and frustrating I guess... I'll still play it anyway, and I'll manage to endure it with willpower, unless they release a patch this week, then that'd be super.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Not being able to summon seems like a bit of a show stopper in actually enjoying the game properly.

As I understand, it's when you summon in battle and since your assigned demons are automatically summoned at the battle's start, that's actually an option you rarely need to use. It's also much easier to just have someone with Recarm revive your dead demons instead of summoning new ones.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
As I understand, it's when you summon in battle and since your assigned demons are automatically summoned at the battle's start, that's actually an option you rarely need to use.

That's actually much better than was initially implied, but still i'd worry that once you get a bit further into the game and the difficulty ramps up a bit you'll hit that bug more often than you'd like.

It's still flabbergasting that these sorts of bugs have emerged...

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/dso-latest-information-from-ghostlight

Ghostlight in fairness are seemingly being proactive as fuck. Atlus apparently aren't acting like lazy fuckwits as they usually do regarding anything towards Europe. Ninty are actually being helpful. Either way, the issue itself is pretty fucking embarrassing for all concerned.

A tweet from Ghostlight stated Ghostlight aren't involved with the coding which seems to indicate a third party did the coding or it was Atlus. Either way someone fucked up badly. I want blood cuz I'm a vengeful sort. And I would love to be able to say bad things about Atlus again.

My copy arrived today and have only played the first eighty minutes. I haven't done anything to experience the freezes but the name bug is apparent. No one actually tested this fucking game did they?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i dont understand how one region could have a near perfect game, and another region have such a big mess up. why did they mess around with the game code, and not just the language code?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo have obviously made Atlus hate European releases. 2 year indoctrination course. Ghostlight are the first casualty.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ghostlight is only the publisher, not the developer. I don't think that any development is required at all to change the region code. Nintendo probably provides the publishers with a tool or something to easily convert a game's region. If we can change the region of Wii discs (and even make them region free), then publishers sure as hell can do that too. The question is, where do the bugs came from? Perhaps Atlus provided them with a buggy version of the game because Atlus is a US whore? Or perhaps a Ghostlight employee accidently modified the source code when changing the region (Wii noobs are bricking their Wiis even with the best guides around all the time).

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
say summoning a demon doesn't need its data? name, stats, image and such.
And there are issues with the naming order too of the main character..

If the game freezes, are you still able to go out the 3DS menu ? Or the 3DS becomes unresponsive?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Literally 300 lbs. lolol