Hacking Freeloader available for download

nicedog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it on my US wii (openwii 2.4)

working:
who wants to be a millionaire (PAL)
king of clubs (PAL)
harvest moon magical melody (PAL)
pinball classic (PAL)

not working:
shin-chan (JAP)
naruto ninja taisen ex (JAP)

thebawp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ricdanger said:
No dupe channels.
Just do the following:
- Insert Freeloader, let it load
- Eject Freeloader
- Insert Freeloader, let it load (again)
- Eject Freeloader
- Insert Brawl
- Accept the update (I was on 3.2E)
( Wii reboots )
- Insert Freeloader
- Eject Freeloader
- Insert Brawl
( Enjoy :] )

ps: you just need to insert freeloader two times before the update; after that you just inser freeloader 1 time

Burned the 2.5mb version of the freeloader using imgburn (latest version), then burned a clean dump of SSBM onto some no name DVD DL R+ I had lying around (again using imgburn)- followed the steps above and it works fine. I did have to change the tv settings to 60hz or just ended up with a black screen. I'm updated to firmware 3.2E, using a Wiikey (patched to latest firmware 1.9g). I thought the process was going to be a LOT more frustrating (especially due to the cheap media) but just finished the first stage of adventure mode and it's all working very nicely! I didn't use any special steps for the burning processes, just what I'd normally do. =D

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
ricdanger said:
No dupe channels.
Just do the following:
- Eject Freeloader
- Eject Freeloader
- Insert Brawl
( Wii reboots )
- Insert Freeloader
- Eject Freeloader
- Insert Brawl

ps: you just need to insert freeloader two times before the update; after that you just inser freeloader 1 time
Pretty nice found!

ricdanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finite said:
And after that (double swap then update) what happens if you put SSBB in first (with unpatched update)? Does it ask to update?

I'm just wondering if it behaves like the 15% trick or more like a patched update.

If you only eject Freeloader one time, SSBB will not ask for the update but will give you a black screen.
If you eject the Freeloader two times (before updating), it will say that there is a new system update on the disk.
If you accept it, a progress bar starts (it takes some time) and on 50% the Wii will restart.
After that you just need to insert Freeloader 1 time. It will not ask for you to update again the console.
If you put SSBB in without the Freeloader you get "unable to read disk".

MoFoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
superrob said:
ricdanger said:
No dupe channels.
Just do the following:
- Eject Freeloader
- Eject Freeloader
- Insert Brawl
( Wii reboots )
- Insert Freeloader
- Eject Freeloader
- Insert Brawl

Pretty nice found!

Does this apply to original NTSC-J SSBB?
I tried doing this with NTSC-J and I got the error message: Error has occured. Eject. Etc. "Slab" told me that originals will never work, so I'm guessing he was coprrect..and I am partaking in wishful thinking
unsure.gif

finite

Trophies
XP
Country
ricdanger said:
finite said:
And after that (double swap then update) what happens if you put SSBB in first (with unpatched update)? Does it ask to update?

I'm just wondering if it behaves like the 15% trick or more like a patched update.

If you only eject Freeloader one time, SSBB will not ask for the update but will give you a black screen.
If you eject the Freeloader two times (before updating), it will say that there is a new system update on the disk.
If you accept it, a progress bar starts (it takes some time) and on 50% the Wii will restart.
After that you just need to insert Freeloader 1 time. It will not ask for you to update again the console.
If you put SSBB in without the Freeloader you get "unable to read disk".

Cheers, I presume the 'unable to read disc' is on an unmodded console or modded with other regions not enabled otherwise its a bit wtf.

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
CZroe said:
If this is "the real thing" why the fugg isn't it in the Wii release list? It is a Wii ISO, no?Because it's NOT the real thing.

Waninkoko (great work
wink.gif
) dumped the apploader and placed it in a "empty" Wii iso. It still works, because that made the trick in the Datel version too. The original Datel one it's probably dump-protected.

So it's not a 1:1 dump, and it cannot be accepted by the Scene's rules.

Ah. That explains it.

Basically, I was talking to the first-pagers who were asking "Is this the real thing?" and answering "Yes it is." but, as you have shown, "real thing" != "ISO"

They didn't say that the small RAR wasn't just a WiiScrubbed Freeloader ISO.

QUOTE(raulpica @ Mar 13 2008, 03:01 PM)
I've downloaded it, but I still haven't got occasion to try it.

Yeah, unrarred it's 2.5mb.

But a lot of people tested it and said it's the real thing.

Frankdj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there allready a solution for the Freeloader + RGB support?
Because now I have to play with composite cable and it looks like shit

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cyr0x said:
Okay I have 4 NTSC-U games unpatched now, I started everyone with Freeloader and everytime I have only black and white. So I think its because of the NTSC videomode that every NTSC game is on older TVs black and white. I will test a PAL game with Freeloader and see what will happen.
frown.gif

amrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Can you kindly help me out? I have downloaded Datel_Wii_FreeLoader.iso (twice!) and tried to burn it both by Nero 7 and by ImgBurn (latest version). When I inserted the DVD in WII, nothing happens (no funny distortions on the screen, as per the various videos I found)

Can you confirm that there are no extra settings to be made on Nero and ImgBurn? I am burning the ISO on DVD-R - is this OK? In the forum I have only seen references to DVD+R...

Thanks

simpleplan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh.... Ok I got a jap wii and I've burnt the Jap freeloader on a DVD with imgburn. I run it in my wii and the "great" screen thing happens, then I eject it and insert a original US gamecube game that I couldn't play before and after using the freeloader... it still doesn't work. Any ideas? I tried gamecube X-Men Legends US original too before and it also could not work on my jap wii, reads but then when I click start it just shows a black screen....

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simpleplan123 said:
Sigh.... Ok I got a jap wii and I've burnt the Jap freeloader on a DVD with imgburn. I run it in my wii and the "great" screen thing happens, then I eject it and insert a original US gamecube game that I couldn't play before and after using the freeloader... it still doesn't work. Any ideas? I tried gamecube X-Men Legends US original too before and it also could not work on my jap wii, reads but then when I click start it just shows a black screen....

I'm beginning to think the JAP freeloader is a fake, ie just the US or PAL version renamed.. sure it runs, but it would because you have a modchip. But I have yet to get one game working on it that wasn't working before.

Has anyone gotten even ONE game to work on a Jap Wii with freeloader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, so you are trans?