PS1/2 Free MCBoot Install Service

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure. I'm also willing to do installs as well, though I don't want to have my zip code on there. Just label be as north west USA.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i'd be willing to be of service.

I don't know if with my low post count I can be considered reliable, but I do have a positive feedback in the GBAtemp Trading Forum.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcus134 said:

I don't know if with my low post count I can be considered reliable, but I do have a positive feedback in the GBAtemp Trading Forum.
Post count should not count for reliability. If you you do a good job, receive and send back the memory card with no problems, that would make you reliable.

I've never done this before, so anyone could question my reliability , so I'm in the same boat as you.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nujui said:
marcus134 said:

Post count should not count for reliability. If you you do a good job, receive and send back the memory card with no problems, that would make you reliable.

I've never done this before, so anyone could question my reliability , so I'm in the same boat as you.

Yes, but we should have some trust method in effect. We don't want someone who just joined scamming people out of their memory cards, although it'd be hard to distinguish good people, from the "bad" ones. So what should it be? I've added those who I have seen personally worthy my trust of being in the list of users. Many have positive feedback in the Trading forum, or in BenRK's case he's selling memory cards which is a plus because if (Not implying he'd do such) he didn't ship out the memory cards, people could dispute it on whatever payment method they used to pay him. (Unless they paid via cash sent through the mail.)

Decisions, decisions.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say, see if they have positive feedback in the WTB/S/T section, but I would also let them have a chance. We only need a certain amount of people doing the service, and if someone were to be getting negative feedback from the members, we'd kick the user off the list, and then see if other people that have volunteered would like to fill the spot.

That's what I think anyway, you're the OP and pretty much the leader of this thing, so
tongue.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nujui said:
I would say, see if they have positive feedback in the WTB/S/T section, but I would also let them have a chance. We only need a certain amount of people doing the service, and if someone were to be getting negative feedback from the members, we'd kick the user off the list, and then see if other people that have volunteered would like to fill the spot.

That's what I think anyway, you're the OP and pretty much the leader of this thing, so
tongue.gif

Sounds good to me.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who do want to buy a memory card with FMCB already installed, just PM me.

I prefer Paypal for payments as this is the quickest and safest method.

Anyway, I make no guaranties, but I'll try to keep prices below $10 per memory card. It will generally be around $5 + shipping per memory card however.

If you request a specific memory card, the cost may be more. I will attempt to look for a cheap solution, but I make no guaranties that I can find it cheaply.

If you don't request a specific memory card, I'll send you an official Sony 8MB memory card (generally will be in black, but colors may vary).

I am in the USA and will likely only ship to people in the continental 48 states. Sorry Alaska and Hawaii, but if you want me to ship to you, it may cost extra in shipping. Not my rules...

Anyway, I hope this service helps!

On a side note, if you want to send me memory cards you already own to install stuff on, feel free to do so.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Pity I don't use the trade section here then. I do all my trading stuff over Backloggery. Might have to check the section at some point though. Maybe there are some locals with games I want.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
So I pay for shipping there, and you pay for back? EX: I pay for box so I send you my PS2 and You pay for your own box?

No, you pay for shipping both ways.

EDIT: We only need the memory card, not the PS2 itself.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
Devin said:
tagzard said:
So I pay for shipping there, and you pay for back? EX: I pay for box so I send you my PS2 and You pay for your own box?

How do I pay for shipping back?
Send the money with the memory card, or send the money via paypal if the users prefers.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
Devin said:
tagzard said:

Either sends some cash with the memory card, or pay for it using Paypal.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
tagzard said:

Wait? In the instructions it says that you have to open the ps2 and crap. All I want is to play BOOT-LEG/Pirated Backup PS2 games. And all you need is my memory card?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
Devin said:
tagzard said:

Wait? In the instructions it says that you have to open the ps2 and crap. All I want is to play BOOT-LEG/Pirated Backup PS2 games. And all you need is my memory card?
For installing FMCB without a FMCBed memory card, in some cases you will have to open the PS2 depending on the method of installing. Though if you already have a memory card with FMCB installed, you can just use ulanucher and start up the installer again, and put the memory card in slot 2 and install FMCB via the Memory Card Slot 2 port.

That's what the service is meant for, for people that don't have the resources or don't feel like doing any of the work.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Nujui said:
tagzard said:
Devin said:
tagzard said:

For installing FMCB without a FMCBed memory card, in some cases you will have to open the PS2 depending on the method of installing. Though if you already have a memory card with FMCB installed, you can just use ulanucher and start up the installer again, and put the memory card in slot 2 and install FMCB via the Memory Card Slot 2 port.
Okay so I have a fat PS2. This is what I do. Correct me if I am wrong. I get back my memory card. Put it in slot 2. Open up browser. Then what?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
Nujui said:
tagzard said:
Devin said:
tagzard said:

Okay so I have a fat PS2. This is what I do. Correct me if I am wrong. I get back my memory card. Put it in slot 2. Open up browser. Then what?
No, we only have to use slot 2 to install FMCB. You can plug it inside which ever port you want after that. And if you wanted to install it on another memory card, you would do like I said above. Start ulauncher to start the installer again, and this time install it on the slot 2 port.

If you want more detailed...

Start ulanucher in the FMCB menu.

ulanuchelf will start up, press O to go into the FileBrowser menu.

Select mass, that is your USB.

Select FREE_MCBOOT.ELF on the next screen and the installer will start. Install FMCB from there, just do it via slot 2.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nujui said:
tagzard said:
Devin said:
tagzard said:

Send the money with the memory card, or send the money via paypal if the users prefers.
you can also include the correct postage for the way back inside the package.

Actually, postal services also offer prepaid shipping, all you have to do is go at a post office counter and ask. In Canada, it can even be done online (with online payment), you just have to print a sticker, I'm pretty sure the US postal services also offer something like that.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Oi. I can FMCB anyone's memory cards. I live in Vancouver, Canada. So any Canadians can come to me I reckon. I've done this several times for friends.

Edit: if Marcus is busy that is :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk