Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Why would that matter though? For it to tell you that you need to update you would have had to update your System Menu to whatever the latest version would be at that time. If you can update your 3DS, then you have internet access, and then you would be able to download the required update from the eShop.

I honestly believe it's not very likely that they'll do this; I believe that they'll just release an update as usual and it will be required to access online functions. That being said, if Nintendo/Game Freak choose to do this, they would be well within their rights to do so.
At some point consoles will ship with 11.0. You shouldn't have to agree to the eShop's user agreement if you don't want to.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
At some point consoles will ship with 11.0. You shouldn't have to agree to the eShop's user agreement if you don't want to.
You should be saying 'at some point consoles will release with the as-of-yet unreleased update that will require an as-of-yet unreleased ORAS update', and, even if that's true, I'm sure that these potential updated 3DSs will have the required ORAS update preinstalled, so that internet access isn't a requirement.
And, again, I'm not saying this is likely; I'm sure that it'll just be a regular update, potentially coupled with ASLR for ORAS.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yu should be saying 'at some point consoles will release with the as-of-yet unreleased update that will require an as-of-yet unreleased ORAS update', and, even if that's true, I'm sure that these potential updated 3DSs will have the required ORAS update preinstalled, so that internet access isn't a requirement.
And, again, I'm not saying this is likely; I'm sure that it'll just be a regular update, potentially coupled with ASLR for ORAS.
Well, they never updated Zelda, so that should give you an indication.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Is true that they update Super Smash Bros., but if you delete the update you can use it for enter to the Homebrew Launcher, but I think Nintendo cares minor about SmashHax because it is more complex to do and also only works with "New" 3DS, anyways if they update Pokemon ORAS isn"t like it can"t prevent to delete the update in cartdriges, so maybe they implement ASLR for Pokemon ORAS. Also Nintendo take a lot of time before they do anything to Ninjhax and Ocarina Of Time to prevent their exploits.

Last edited by Clector,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is true that they update Super Smash Bros., but if you delete the update you can use it forr enter to the Homebrew Launcher, but I think Nintendo cares minor about SmashHax because it is more compelx to do and also only works with "New" 3DS, anyways if they update Pokemon ORAS isn"t like it can"t prevent to delete the update in cartdriges, so maybe they implement ASLR for Pokemon ORAS. Also Nintendo take a lot of time before they do anything to Ninjhax and Ocarina Of Time to prevent their exploits.
This is all very true, I agree completely.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a lot of people here want it to be a free eshop title, but for me I'm hoping for a physical copy game, and preferably some game that is cheap. If it were a free eshop title like ironfall was, it will end up being the same situation where they remove it from eshop until it is patched, and then simply add it to the list of games that won't load until you update them. With a physical copy, it becomes much more difficult to fix, especially if it is from a low-tier company that won't update the game. That's the big reason cubic ninja has been the most reliable hack, albeit needing a few fixes to work around ninty trying to block it. Plus with a physical copy I could use it as a primary to install a secondary entry point on other 3ds consoles.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this won't pair up with a new memchunkhax version somewhere in the future we are pretty much in the same place we were. We are flooding with entrypoints, sort of.
I may agree with you if we are talking about secondary exploits, but as of 10.7+ there aren't any primary exploits, which are required to install a secondary.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And let's not forget that you could stockpile copies and sell them for profit.
That was my plan if they were a good price. It will end up like cubic ninja where prices skyrocketed because of demand.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjhax is primary (anyone been watching 12 monkeys?....feels somewhat relevant)
Yes, but afaik it hasn't been updated to work with 11.0, and for those who don't have it the new exploit will probably be the cheaper option when it first gets released.
As for the 12 monkeys I've never heard of it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yes, but afaik it hasn't been updated to work with 11.0, and for those who don't have it the new exploit will probably be the cheaper option when it first gets released.
As for the 12 monkeys I've never heard of it.
Yeah im just clarifying that there is still a primary on 11.0 its just a bit unstable iirc, but to install a secondary it would do the job, but tbh when the title is announced you will have to jump on it quick if your expecting a cheap exploit game as even if it was a $5 it was like 2 days before CN had shot up to $50 and sellers started canceling peoples orders to relist it at $50

Granted that was a crazy rush for the first homebrew entry point, but if its dirt cheap scalpers gonna scalp

EDIT: oh actually i guess your right CN isnt primary on 11.0.0 as it is unable to access http to download the payload itself afaik....so yeah, no 11.0 primaries at this point.

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ninjhax is primary
Well, Ninjhax is still technically secondary on 11.0 for the time being (and ASLR makes it virtually unusable anyway).
Yeah im just clarifying that there is still a primary on 11.0 its just a bit unstable iirc, but to install a secondary it would do the job
There's also smashhax, but the problem is that it and ninjhax are not very accessible: Smash because it's N3DS only and annoying for some to set up, and CN because, well, very few people are able to get a copy, and they're very expensive regardless (I hear that they're selling more copies in the US now, but doesn't mean much for those elsewhere).
A new primary that works on 11.0 would be great simply because it would be accessible (even if only temporarily), and let's not forget that CN hasn't really been fixed on 11.0 as of yet.

(anyone been watching 12 monkeys?....feels somewhat relevant)
Offtopic: the 12 Monkeys series is trash compared to the film it's based on :^)

Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well, Ninjhax is still technically secondary on 11.0 for the time being (and ASLR makes it virtually unusable anyway).

There's also smashhax, but the problem is that it and ninjhax are not very accessible: Smash because it's N3DS only and annoying for some to set up, and CN because, well, very few people are able to get a copy, and they're very expensive regardless (I hear that they're selling more copies in the US now, but doesn't mean much for those elsewhere).
A new primary that works on 11.0 would be great simply because it would be accessible (even if only temporarily), and let's not forget that CN hasn't really been fixed on 11.0 as of yet.

Offtopic: the 12 Monkeys series is trash compared to the film it's based on :^)
Yeah i read afterwards about ninjhax on 11.0 not being prinary, i just knew it worked on 11.0 but didnt realise it was only secondary due to the messed up permissions

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
In case you haven't noticed, not everyone cares about or wants CFW; some people are perfectly content with userland homebrew.

Regardless of what you may get out of it, a primary exploit on 11.0 is a good thing.

TFW the only three working 11.0 secondaries are all released by the same group. Not exactly flooded with entrypoints quite yet.

Yeah, I get you guys. And I agree!

I'll take it back. We are not really swimming in a sea of entrypoints but I just feel we have enough secondary entrypoints and cfw or homebrew use is extended enough to easily find someone around who can setup a secondary cart exploit for you.

A primary entrypoint is a cool thing to have. Specially if it's cart based.

That being said, I'm afraid of ninty right now. I feel like having some secrets could be of use right now.
If you are really, really sure this can't be patched in a month, then release it. No trouble.

Hiding it some versions could extend the entrypoint life though, and being a primary exploit is something cool to have around.
Why not ensure this could survive some versions (even if it's just to provide more room for whatever awaits for us)?

Edit: What exactly stops ninty to raise an http block or to engage memory randomization just like they did to cubic ninja or ocarina of time on a new cart entrypoint?

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What exactly stops ninty to raise an http block or to engage memory randomization just like they did to cubic ninja or ocarina of time on a new cart entrypoint?
Well, as far as I understand it, http blocks would only be feasible for games that do not have online functions themselves. So it's not something they could do for Pokémon or Animal Crossing or something (I may be wrong on this).

As for ASLR, I imagine that it would require very thorough testing, in case it interferes with actual functions of the game itself. I imagine this (the time & work required) would be the primary barrier for them enacting these blocks, and hence would only do them when they feel as though it's particularly necessary (again, as far as I understand it, and I could be wrong).

I'll take it back. We are not really swimming in a sea of entrypoints but I just feel we have enough secondary entrypoints and cfw or homebrew use is extended enough to easily find someone around who can setup a secondary cart exploit for you.
Some people live in the middle of nowhere :^)

That being said, I'm afraid of ninty right now. I feel like having some secrets could be of use right now. If you are really, really sure this can't be patched in a month, then release it. No trouble.
Hiding it some versions could extend the entrypoint life though, and being a primary exploit is something cool to have around.
Why not ensure this could survive some versions (even if it's just to provide more room for whatever awaits for us)?
I do understand this, but ultimately I think it's best to take a chance when there's an opportune moment. People having homebrew access, especially at a time like now when 11.0 has cut many people off getting into homebrew (and even if it only lasts temporarily), is not a bad way of going about it.
It did work for browserhax, after all.

Reactions: Urbanshadow

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
The countdown keeps rising the hype...
People asking if it's animal crossing and smea replying that it's not pokemon several times...
At this point I don't know if it is not really a pokemon game, or if he is evading the question because it is really an animal crossing exploit

Reactions: angrybanana5000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.