Force 480p for PAL GCN games on Wii

IngeniousDefault

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there,

Swiss has the option to force PAL games to run in 480p if you have a component cable (which is pretty expensive). I would like to know if there is a Wii homebrew solution that has a similar feature for GameCube games from Europe.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
With Nintendont you can force Progressive Scan on pretty much all GC games. You can force PAL60 Modes in some PAL games, but it doesn't always work. You can also use patches I made long ago for a handful of games, it's as simple as applying the patch on the ISO, and play them through Nintendont (forcing 480p) and then they play normally.

Here's the link to the old thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/patches...s-into-pal-60hz-nintendont-compatible.437896/

Why exactly are you looking to play PAL games? Depending on what are we talking about, it might not even be worth it trying.

Reactions: Tarmfot

IngeniousDefault

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With Nintendont you can force Progressive Scan on pretty much all GC games. You can force PAL60 Modes in some PAL games, but it doesn't always work. You can also use patches I made long ago for a handful of games, it's as simple as applying the patch on the ISO, and play them through Nintendont (forcing 480p) and then they play normally.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/patches...s-into-pal-60hz-nintendont-compatible.437896/

Why exactly are you looking to play PAL games? Depending on what are we talking about, it might not even be worth it trying.

I bought my games in Europe and I also want to play games in my native language if possible.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It's 576p that Nintendont doesn't work with. Bear that in mind with 50hz only games.

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think few games that don't work with progressive are:

- Tales of Symphonia
- Animal Crossing
- Mario Sunshine (swiss can force 480p but on wii for unknown reasons it doesn't work).

Maybe there are more games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: speaking of roasted nuts, do you guys prefer your peanuts salted or honey roasted?