Country
United States
Oh, boy, this one's a doozy.

TL;DR said:
"Be honest, am I sexy?"
"No."
"S-stop oppressing me!"

There's even literal spaghetti!

Ever since I was little, I’ve struggled with who I was. I have a distinct memory of being in fifth grade walking through the cafeteria with my tray of spaghetti and meatballs, and for the first time, noticing that my thighs were larger than every other girls’.

Also, helping women learn how to check for breast cancer? Misogyny.

Ww0R1R8.jpg
Even keeping women stay alive is oppression now. Where does it end?

Reactions: Deleted-236924

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, helping women learn how to check for breast cancer? Misogyny.

Ww0R1R8.jpg
Even keeping women stay alive is oppression now. Where does it end?

Biology oppresses men on matters of early detection. I mean you are supposed to look for lumps.... in your ball sack.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Reactions: bkifft

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. It's more of "turns out I'm not as hot as I thought I was, ouch". No mention er even suggestion of any "oppression" or anything related. Methinks you might be projecting a bit.

Since then, I’ve tried reflecting on why the words of strangers stung me so sharply. What I realized was this: Being a sensitive person who tries to think of other’s feelings in every situation, the thought of deliberately going out of one’s way to bring someone else down felt exceptionally cruel. It hurt.

She asked for honest responses, got them, and then spends over 1000 words of rationalizing and humblebragging about how "strong" she really is for doing absolutely nothing. It's an eye-roll worthy piece. Methinks you're getting hung up on taking the "oppression" line literally. :P

EDIT:

KF8HtST.jpg

I guess she would've preferred this instead:

Knees weak/
Arms are penne/
She's spilling already/
Mom's spaghetti

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, we have a poetry slam?

Made of dough
Arse like jelly
More pizza has no need to go
In your belly

Anyway when tossing a room looking for something someone has hidden you often want to start with a focal point and move a few paces around. Seeing the sofa part I am now drawn to wonder if I need, or it could be improved by, a refinement for subject weight.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
She asked for honest responses, got them, and then spends over 1000 words of rationalizing and humblebragging about how "strong" she really is for doing absolutely nothing.
I saw none of that in there.

KF8HtST.jpg
My brain hurts after reading that :(

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New game.

Somewhat antiquated terms to "trigger" the over-sensitives. Basically a variation on http://xkcd.com/326/ and the usual "insult someone but do it in a way that retaliation would be so long after the fact as to be bad form for the insulted party" but with more wind up potential.

Example.
I was aware that the term for a collective grouping of owls is a parliament, I was also aware that a group of herons is a sedge, however it is with a heavy heart that I admit I did not know the term for a collective grouping of ducks. http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/about/faqs/animals/names.htms says one of them is "badling", http://www.yourdictionary.com/badling also defines it as "An effeminate or womanish man".

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now we're starting to veer into "legitimate mental illness" territory.

vJgiov8.jpg

Yeesh.

Anyway...

ykWrHJa.jpg

So we have to give you money and dismantle capitalism at the same time? I don't think you understand how this works...

And finally, South Park's got a new episode coming up. Called "The Cissy." Brace yourselves...

9JEcYwB.png

Honestly, the best endorsement you can give South Park is outrage and fear. The show's been on for a little under 20 years and their still finding new ways to get people up in arms.

Besides, if you can't laugh at yourself every now and then, it's hard to take you seriously.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So we have to give you money and dismantle capitalism at the same time? I don't think you understand how this works...
Communism uses money too :mellow:

And finally, South Park's got a new episode coming up. Called "The Cissy." Brace yourselves...
"The Cis-sy"? Who is this aimed at again?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does South Park aim to offend? I always read it as a show that showcased some kind of issue, often one quite literally ripped from the headlines, and let the issue make fun of itself, mainly because most of the things it covers are ripe for that.

Reactions: bkifft

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does South Park aim to offend? I always read it as a show that showcased some kind of issue, often one quite literally ripped from the headlines, and let the issue make fun of itself, mainly because most of the things it covers are ripe for that.

More so in its earliest episodes, but yeah, that's definitely there. It's just more in the "We'll do what we want no matter what people think/how politically incorrect/etc." sort of way rather than outright shock humor most of the time.

Communism uses money too :mellow:

Not in Marx's view, which is the one these sorts tend to flock to. Stalinism/Maoism/etc. perhaps, but something tells me all that their bourgeoisie tender wouldn't be so good after the revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...