Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/Stirs the feminism pot
Any news from the Might No. 9 team?

I don't have the links on me now, but there was a bit of a shitstorm recently. Dina's blocked people from the forums and the game's twitter for supporting GamerGate. This includes backers, the people who funded the game in the first place; one person was blocked despite giving $300 to the Kickstarter.

Shit's bonkers, yo.

Reactions: BORTZ

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Bx6DpllIMAAI87X.jpg

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a childist. Now if only there was a way to say that without getting arrested..

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out childism is actually a thing. Sort of. I though the above pic made up the term childism as a joke, but there is actually a book called Childism. There isn't a Wikipedia page for childism, though. Not yet.

edit: Wait, does childism mean the abuse of children, or being against the abuse of children?

racism = bad
sexism = bad
feminism = against sexism (good)

OK well I think the book on childism uses childish to mean abuse, so childism = bad

meaning there is currently no word for being against childism.

edit: android keeps fucking autocorrecting childism to childish. Okay, I get it, childism is not a word. No need to rub it in!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I watched the south park episode... I am not sure it ultimately said much of anything. However with me frequenting this topic I might be more... culturally aware than I normally am so I might have overlooked what was otherwise a nice primer. Mind you this might be a marginal repeat of the Muhammed thing (they already did it many series before).

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I watched the south park episode... I am not sure it ultimately said much of anything. However with me frequenting this topic I might be more... culturally aware than I normally am so I might have overlooked what was otherwise a nice primer. Mind you this might be a marginal repeat of the Muhammed thing (they already did it many series before).

This is what happens when you get offended by something without even seeing it. The episode itself was pretty evenhanded, and treated the issue with actual delicacy. Then again, the message was less about trans people and more about how great Lorde is, which I can't argue with.

Good thing these people don't watch any Steve Brule, though, or they'd be triggered to death by now.

Reactions: 7iven8Nine

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an update on the South Park outrage.

How embarrassing.

Speaking of embarrassing...

i78Z9gs.jpg

All the self-awareness of a calculator. Give the calculator some credit, though; at least it's useful to society.

1VnSZwE.jpg

That's a good point, asker. However, why are you so preoccupied with your gender identity? There's starving children in the Congo that would kill for gender dysmorphia if it meant they could enjoy your cushy first world existence. Check your privilege. /s

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to post again so quickly, but oh man...

K36HeDX.jpg

:rofl2:

Dude, mate, bro, son, 'right boi, guy, lad, bloke, geezer, good sir, fella, old chap I think you will find that is two different sections of one website.

Reactions: Gahars

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Microsoft CEO said:
If you want a raise, don't just ask for it, work for it!
Salon said:
There must be rain a-comin' because I'm getting a tingle in muh soggy knees!

Because of course.

Actual Quote said:
A lot of advice is thrown at women to be considered equals in the workplace — lean in, speak up, be confident, demand raises and promotions, don’t dress “slutty” — which in itself is problematic because it places the onus on women to correct the culturally entrenched male dominance in workplaces.

For someone championing women, she seems pretty horrified at the thought of women having responsibility.

Reactions: 7iven8Nine

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You mean all those times I said "I quite like this [paid for] book, however you can pick up a lot it from [this free website]" (also substitute as appropriate for software where you might just have to do a bit more work) I was in fact a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...