Not open for further replies.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a large number of games, not sure exactly. I have about 12-15 Minis, a PSX game, 2 full PSP games and two or three PSN exclusive games which aren't minis.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use the CR-5400 and two 8GB Kingston microSDHC cards.
As per instructions, I don't pull out the cards and don't use them for anything else.

I've been transferring and deleting all sorts of files via USB to the PSP pretty often as of late.
At the moment I have...25 PSP games, a few emulators and roms, and a handful of homebrew.
Currently at 478MB free space out of 16GB.

Works great for me, no slow down or anything. Haven't had any problems with it.

As lilsypha says though, both cards get treated as one Pro Duo so if one SD card craps out on you then you lose all your data. It doesn't just fill one up first and then fill up the other.

That said, if your one Pro Duo or M2+Adapter craps out on you you also lose all your data anyway.

I'm probably gambling, but it's a lot cheaper for me to replace one 8GB microSDHC than an M2 or Pro Duo since I'd likely have one lying around anyway.
And if you make a habit of backing up your saves you won't lose much.

I've recommended it to a friend and they've had similar success with no problems either.

That said, if money isn't an issue then you should just go for an official Pro Duo.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zarcon said:
I use the CR-5400 and two 8GB Kingston microSDHC cards.
As per instructions, I don't pull out the cards and don't use them for anything else.

I've been transferring and deleting all sorts of files via USB to the PSP pretty often as of late.
At the moment I have...25 PSP games, a few emulators and roms, and a handful of homebrew.
Currently at 478MB free space out of 16GB.

Works great for me, no slow down or anything. Haven't had any problems with it.

As lilsypha says though, both cards get treated as one Pro Duo so if one SD card craps out on you then you lose all your data. It doesn't just fill one up first and then fill up the other.

That said, if your one Pro Duo or M2+Adapter craps out on you you also lose all your data anyway.

I'm probably gambling, but it's a lot cheaper for me to replace one 8GB microSDHC than an M2 or Pro Duo since I'd likely have one lying around anyway.
And if you make a habit of backing up your saves you won't lose much.

I've recommended it to a friend and they've had similar success with no problems either.

That said, if money isn't an issue then you should just go for an official Pro Duo.
I already have a Pro duo on order anyway but it isn't feasible for me with the amount of games and comics and stuff I want on it. When you initially format it in the PSP do you just drag and drop to the now single partition via usb cable from the PC? Also is it feasible to have more than one CR-5400 on the go each with its own dedicated SDHC cards in it.
So like
1st CR_5400 with games A-M
&
2nd CR-5400 with games N-Z

So never removing the SDHC cards from their respective CR-5400's but sometimes taking one CR-5400 out of the PSP and putting the other CR-5400 in the PSP?

Also how long roughly have you been using the CR-5400??

PS. Thanks for the post above very helpful
smile.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this one for about 2 years, and I recently had one save file corruption (it wasn't deleted, I just couldn't save over it.) I ordered 5 in bulk when I first purchased them, so I switched it out and haven't had a problem since. I'm using a class 10 (I think?) 8 gig micro sd card from Sandisk.

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used several adapters (Two Photofast CR-5400 dual and some other single converter). I've yet to have any issues after a couple of years. Regardless of which memory card you use, you should always back up your saves from time to time.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Windaga said:
I've been using this one for about 2 years, and I recently had one save file corruption (it wasn't deleted, I just couldn't save over it.) I ordered 5 in bulk when I first purchased them, so I switched it out and haven't had a problem since. I'm using a class 10 (I think?) 8 gig micro sd card from Sandisk.
So when you say you switched it out. Do you mean you chucked the CR-5400, reformatted the SDHC and put it in a new CR-5400? Or do you mean you chucked the SDHC card out?

QUOTE(gtmtnbiker @ Jul 8 2011, 02:16 AM) I've used several adapters (Two Photofast CR-5400 dual and some other single converter). I've yet to have any issues after a couple of years. Regardless of which memory card you use, you should always back up your saves from time to time.
Yeah I agree I am pretty paranoid about making sure everything is backed up any way. I have my Nintendo stuff backed up in two separate hard drives at the moment and I'll doubtless do the same with the PSP 3000. Do you leave the SDHC's in their respective CR-5400 adapters and swap them in and out of the PSP so that you have a wider library of games to draw on or do you just have one CR-5400 (or the other adapter) on the go at once and just replace it when it breaks?

I really appreciate all the replies from people who are using the SDHC/pro duo adapter in their PSP2000/3000's it is very helpful, Thank you to those people.
smile.gif

Please keep them coming if you are one of the people actually using them.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Miss Panda said:
Please keep them coming if you are one of the people actually using them.

I don't know if that was at all addressed to me but if so -

a2raex.jpg

(Sorry my pen was knackered and i messed up the P and the A.)

They're not great and that's an opinion made from personal experience.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
They're not great and that's an opinion made from personal experience.

+1

Not to mention the price of pro duo is wayyyy down -- I saw a bunch of legit 32GB on Amazon yesterday for $60. You'd be damn lucky to score 2 16gb microSDHC with a decent class rating for $60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts