Hacking PSP 2000 & 3000 Maximum Read Speed from Card Slot?

BlackBerriesAndThinkPads

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi gbatemp,

I need to know what the maximum theoretical read speed is for the PSP 2000 and 3000 from the Pro Duo card slot in both the XMB, and while playing games off the memory card?

Of course this is with the most current CFW, and the XMB and GAME overclocked to the max 333/166 speeds if that makes a difference.

Anybody know?

Or can someone point in in the right direction of someone who might?

Thanks,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi gbatemp,

I need to know what the maximum theoretical read speed is for the PSP 2000 and 3000 from the Pro Duo card slot in both the XMB, and while playing games off the memory card?

Of course this is with the most current CFW, and the XMB and GAME overclocked to the max 333/166 speeds if that makes a difference.

Anybody know?

Or can someone point in in the right direction of someone who might?

Thanks,
tested on PSP 3001 (rev C) running Pro-C 6.61 (333/166 Game and VSH)

USB transfer is ~8MB/s write and 8.5MB/s read with a photofast adapter (2x32GB microSD cards [PNY class 10])

NOTE: I had to use a stopwatch to gauge speeds with PSP Filer, it does not have a transfer speed indicator.

2MB/ write on PSP Filer 6.6 from the card slot to itself. 14MB file took 7 seconds to copy to another location on the card.
PSP has no way to gauge read speeds while in a game, but with Inferno UMD Cache on I would expect quite a bit over the 1-2MB/s speed of UMD as UMD cache uses the extra ram of which tested to be quite fast as I was able to Instantaneously copy a 14MB file from card slot to ramdisk.

1 second to copy 14MB file from ramdisk to card slot and to display the copy completed menu. I would say around 16MB/s write from ramdisk to card slot.

UMD is between 1MB/s and 2.2 MB/s copying from USB to computer using VSH Menu UMD Disc USB redirection.
I did not test with PSP Filer as it would still be gimped by UMD read speed and would not be faster copying to the card slot.

NOTE: Tested with a near mint copy of Tron on UMD Video with basically no scratches to interfere with read speeds.

Last edited by driverdis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I mean I would but it's not factual