Hacking Flashcart buying advice

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
Seems to vary from cart to cart. The sample I had was as solid as a rock, but one of the carts that I got from actually buying it exhibited the "falling apart" sort of feeling that other people described. Very odd as I bought several, and even within the same batch there was variation.
Hopefully the will sort the issues out, as it's proving to be a popular cart.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, SCDS2 is undoubtedly the best if you have the cash and want them extra features. I'll stick with Acekard 2i for now since I don't care for slow motion or RTS because then I would just be a cheater. But I'll get one when GBA is even more awesome.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
waffle1995 said:
I truly recommend SCDS2
a table i made to prove it ( i did left some feature out like gba emu, ids anti-privacy)
dvj81j.jpg
Although I also recommend the SCDS2, the M3i Zero also has Real Time Guide, and Slow-Motion (enable soft reset for slow motion, and RTS for RTG)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Miser said:
One option is the original R4DS. You can get one for ~$3 from Priceangels or NDSCardsale. It has good build quality, good compatibility by using WoodR4. It won't work on the DSi and doesn't support SDHC microSDs. But pretty much the best value you can get.

CycloDS is great as far as build quality, features and support goes. But overpriced, imo.

why would you mention the R4DS? not only is it a very old flashcart, newer games don't work with it anymore, it's no longer offcialy updated either, there is a very high risk of getting a clone too.

the cyclo ds is priced that way for a reason and it is worth every penny, you get frequent updates for newer games, high quality build flashcart supports SDHC (which the original r4ds doesn't unless you buy a clone) it has real time save, great skins available for it, battery saver mode, and all sorts, very good flashcart.

QUOTE(milkbot @ Jun 24 2010, 11:55 AM) At first I thought Supercard DSTWO, because of all the snazzy features, but reading the review to it it didn't seem too much different from the M3i in terms of a flimsy feeling card, freezing issues, features which aren't quite upto par etc etc.

i have the same problem, the review really did put me off from buying a supercard dstwo but what other option is there atm for the dsi or xl? i just have to take the gamble i guess.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Miser said:
One option is the original R4DS. You can get one for ~$3 from Priceangels or NDSCardsale. It has good build quality, good compatibility by using WoodR4. It won't work on the DSi and doesn't support SDHC microSDs. But pretty much the best value you can get.

CycloDS is great as far as build quality, features and support goes. But overpriced, imo.

why would you mention the R4DS? not only is it a very old flashcart, newer games don't work with it anymore, it's no longer offcialy updated either, there is a very high risk of getting a clone too.
Because some people really like Wood R4.

the cyclo ds is priced that way for a reason and it is worth every penny, you get frequent updates for newer games, high quality build flashcart supports SDHC (which the original r4ds doesn't unless you buy a clone) it has real time save, great skins available for it, battery saver mode, and all sorts, very good flashcart.
The things you just mentioned are on many different flashcarts. The CycloDS is very over-priced, and it's bound to die soon if Team Cyclops don't reconsider the price.

QUOTE(milkbot @ Jun 24 2010, 11:55 AM) At first I thought Supercard DSTWO, because of all the snazzy features, but reading the review to it it didn't seem too much different from the M3i in terms of a flimsy feeling card, freezing issues, features which aren't quite upto par etc etc.

i have the same problem, the review really did put me off from buying a supercard dstwo but what other option is there atm for the dsi or xl? i just have to take the gamble i guess.
The review isn't even completely finished yet. Furthermore the build is better than that of the M3's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169