Hacking First time modder, please help.

SoloSnivy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have a legit copy of Splatoon on my 2nd hand wii u, will modding the system delete the game? also please teach me on stuff to know when modding

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it shouldn't. the wii u uses a metadata indexer to display the game. what that does is it links the system to certain key files without scanning the hdd/mlc. I don't think modding the game will involve the main executable (one of the files linked to). I know nothing about modding that game in particular though.

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
No it won't.
And if it did it won't matter if you play legit or not, not even online. So no worries there.
However regarding modding it.

First can you tell us which firmware you're on? For example 5.5.1.

Do NOT UPDATE if you're not on 5.5.1. Disable the internet for the console right away if so!
You don't want 5.5.2.

Last edited by biggan1,

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Then what if I wanted to illegitimately download the dlc for smash 4 with a legit copy? Is that possible?

It's on 5.5.1, it's still fine
Great!
Put it offline so you're 100% safe for now.

Yes it is possible since the game is launched with fake signed code. But it doesn't matter legit or not. It's faster and better to download it all anyways onces you've modded.

I can recommend Kaflukes noobfriendly guide. Remember you definitely want/need haxchi!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/

It's a preference but I would avoid cbhc, atleast for the moment.

Last edited by biggan1,

SoloSnivy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The wii u updated itself... what should I do
I do have some pre installed games on it. Should I sacrifice them with haxchi?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it updated to 5.5.2 you are SOL until they find an exploit for that version. You can't install Haxchi on 5.5.2.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol you are fucked sorry but you were told by biggan1 to put the wiiu offline and you never. If you can't follow simple instructions I wouldn't even consider modding the wiiu even if it was possible on 5.5.2 which it is not

Last edited by AmandaRose,

SoloSnivy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Lol you are fucked sorry but you were told by biggan1 to put the wiiu offline and you never. If you can't follow simple instructions I wouldn't even consider modding the wiiu even if it was possible on 5.5.2 which it is not
Dude, I only just got my wii u today. The person who sold it to me checked the system for the first time in 5 months last week without knowing to prepare to sell. It was literally 5.5.1 the last time it was on and now it's 5.5.2. We didn't know that the system may update itself without notifying the user.
Plus, this is my first time owning the system so don't be a douche about it.

ShonenJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
don't be a ass about it. C'mon

if its updated then wait for a exploit to come out for 5.2.2

Last edited by ShonenJump,
Reactions: SoloSnivy

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually said it twice to disconnect. I dont blame him for it though.
In hindsight maybe I should have explained more detailed why. And why I said not to update, I forgot to add it could auto-update. (Most of us are too used knowing that.)
But I thought as a beginner its just easier to unplug it and read the guides first, hence my answer.
Its just too bad it got updated. But we was once newbies ourself and didnt know every ins and outs as many do now.

Dude, I only just got my wii u today. The person who sold it to me checked the system for the first time in 5 months last week without knowing to prepare to sell. It was literally 5.5.1 the last time it was on and now it's 5.5.2. We didn't know that the system may update itself without notifying the user.
Plus, this is my first time owning the system so don't be a douche about it.

I know the feeling. I didnt know either what to do when I got my first wii u 6 months ago. Really nice system still in 2017 if hacked tbh,

Sorry dude, I thought you had it in your hands when you wrote. But I think you realize now why I said to unplug it.
Bad timing to check up on the system, very unlucky timing. :(

You cannot get haxchi at the moment now im afraid. But theres hope. I suggest you download the crunchyroll anime app. Rumors says it has certain potential. ;)
So check that out on eshop, download it for free, wait, see and pray to the Nintendo gods.
Maybe the prophecy is true. :)

Until a new entrypoint is found you´re pretty much screwed for the moment.
My advise is enjoy those games you have now and maybe your issue can soon be resolved. :)
It remains to be seen, time will tell. I can keep you posted.

Last edited by biggan1,
Reactions: SoloSnivy

SoloSnivy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'll at least pray no more updates will come in the near future. Have any methods to at least guarantee it doesn't happen again?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll at least pray no more updates will come in the near future. Have any methods to at least guarantee it doesn't happen again?
Remove your internet connection settings and/or your sys/update folder using FTPiiU Everywhere when 5.5.2 gets hacked.
If you want to play online, either wait until 5.5.2 gets hacked and use a CFW with emuNAND (such as Mocha) or a custom DNS (not as safe).

P.S.: Before you go offline, download Chrunchyroll. There is a potential vulnerability in that app.

Last edited by nastys,

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try using these TitleDB DNS servers. Just go over to your internet connections and change DNS to Don't Auto-Obtain and set one DNS as primary and the other as secondary (doesn't matter which order). It will block out Nintendo's update servers, although you won't be able to access the eShop unless you run a homebrew app called NNUPatcher (which you can't do because you're on 5.5.2). I think multiplayer will still work fine though.

Reactions: biggan1

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Remove your internet connection settings and/or your sys/update folder using FTPiiU Everywhere when 5.5.2 gets hacked.
If you want to play online, either wait until 5.5.2 gets hacked and use a CFW with emuNAND (such as Mocha) or a custom DNS (not as safe).

P.S.: Before you go offline, download Chrunchyroll. There is a potential vulnerability in that app.

Not a good idea to mess around deleting valuble folders with FTP Everywhere as a beginner. Would never advise that.
Its highly unlikely a new patch will come, but hey its Nintendo they do things kinda strangely lol.

Also, he cant use mocha etc since his console got updated to 5.5.2.
Crunchyroll is the best bet for the moment id say.

And regarding blocking updates, theres some thereds, ill add them in a sec with dns servers you should use.
Also to be 100% safe you can add block some adresses in your router. Ill come back with that info. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try using these TitleDB DNS servers. Just go over to your internet connections and change DNS to Don't Auto-Obtain and set one DNS as primary and the other as secondary (doesn't matter which order). It will block out Nintendo's update servers, although you won't be able to access the eShop unless you run a homebrew app called NNUPatcher (which you can't do because you're on 5.5.2). I think multiplayer will still work fine though.

He should just download crunchy then block DNS imo. He wont be able to run NNUPatcher since he cant run homebrew atm.

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
To block DNS Updates. Remember you cant enter eshop when you block DNS so get crunchyroll first.

Open Wii U´s Internet options -> Go to DNS tab -> Set it to do not auto-obtain. -> Set it to those below in the spoiler. (Alblasserdam first if you´re in EU and Los Angeles in US)

Los Angeles, USA: 168.235.092.108
Alblasserdam, NL: 081.004.127.020

If you want to be 100% safe getting updates you can block these adresses in your router
nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
c.shop.nintendowifi.net
cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
cbvc.nintendo.net

Borrowed from the TitleDS DNS Servers thread. Sorry for double.

Last edited by biggan1,
Reactions: nastys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: And what?