First official teardown of the new Switch Lite

FCC-Switch-Mini.png

Due to the fact, the Switch Lite is a whole new design, it of course needs to be approved by the FCC because of the internal 'wireless modules', and since everything is now on one motherboard in the new Switch Lite, we get to see a nice complete teardown of it! :)

FCC1.png FCC2.png FCC3.png FCC4.png
(Click on thumbnails above, for nice close-up views!)

:arrow: Source #1: MaxConsole
:arrow: Source #2: FCCID

Attachments

• 04-Short-Term-Confidential-Internal-Photo-4376240.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
Last edited by Quantumcat,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never knew the switch wasted so much space around the battery. Also 4000+ battery? A Modern 5000 mAh Nokia battery or modern 6000 mAh Samsung battery can easy fit in the same space.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I never knew the switch wasted so much space around the battery. Also 4000+ battery? A Modern 5000 mAh Nokia battery or modern 6000 mAh Samsung battery can easy fit in the same space.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but batteries are not as simple as just mAh.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but batteries are not as simple as just mAh.

Try rereading what I wrote. The newer batteries from Nokia and Samsung are the same size and shape. Yet they have higher mAh. The mAh is how much a charge the battery holds. The only reason to use the older 4000 mAh battery is because of lower cost. I think that’s a shame too. 6000 mAh have been becoming the standard for batteries in many brands of smartphones.

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Switch LITE You mean

More like 'Switch-Less' or The New & Improved Non UnSwitchable - Since you can no longer attach it to TV, and you can no longer unslide the Joycons, so it really does not have any 'Switch Features' matching the name. - Personally, I think this is just as bad idea as the 2DS was by Nintendo.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like 'Switch-Less' or The New & Improved Non UnSwitchable - Since you can no longer attach it to TV, and you can no longer unslide the Joycons, so it really does not have any 'Switch Features' matching the name. - Personally, I think this is just as bad idea as the 2DS was by Nintendo.
The 2DS was a good idea. It drastically reduced the cost of the unit and made it more appealing and affordable for families. I knew more young kids with a 2DS than a 3DS.

The Switch mini is going to do the same thing. And It is going to be more appealing to kids because it will have the "mine" factor - kids don't like to share, and it can live in the kid's room as opposed to being an all household item.

Last edited by x65943,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
The 2DS was a good idea. It drastically reduced the cost of the unit and made it more appealing and affordable for families. I knew more young kids with a 2DS than a 3DS.

The Switch mini is going to do the same thing. And It is going to be more appealing to kids because it will have the "mine" factor - kids don't like to share, and it can live in the kid's room as opposed to being an all household item.
Frankly, I found the 2DS far more comfortable to hold too. Not to mention that the fact that it uses a single display means there are no brightness/colour differences between the "two" screens.

Reactions: x65943

dave11674

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Typical nintendo fasion
Release a machine
Wait a year release same machine in a different package/box
Proffit

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Doesn't look all that interesting to me, to be honest. 3.8V 3570mAh battery. Well, less failure-prone analogue sticks are all I really care about.

I may be one of the few people who are genuinely excited for the Switch Mini because I can't enjoy my regular Switch in handheld mode. I broke my hand in a cycling accident three years ago and I'm having trouble holding heavier objects for prolonged time. I can play my 3DS and even the Wii U gamepad just fine, but with the Switch my hand really starts to hurt after a short while.

Let's hope Nintendo didn't screw this up. If one of the sticks fails, get ready to send your console to repair.
I also hope they let me play my digitally bought games on both consoles (old Switch remains docked for TV play), but with this being Nintendo I have my doubts...

Ok, enough of my rambling for now.

(please be hackable in the future):creep:

Last edited by Reynardine,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Imho there are other bugs waiting to be put to use (remember the end of this?), but probably we won't see them until the end of production.
And if we really need an hardmod to enter ReCoveryMode I don't understand how they are supposed to repair the software-bricked units without extracting the Nand chip...
there will probably be a similar method of entering RCM mode, the exploit came from a bug in the code of RCM mode that allowed signature checks to be bypassed, the "patched" switches can also enter RCM mode, they simply cannot be exploited, i would imagine nintendo have some "new" way of triggering RCM on the switch lite consoles, i would imagine something similar to how the 3DS had NTR booths, i.e if you hold a certain button combo and have a special cart inserted the console will enter RCM mode.....but it depends on if they even care to do board recovery, afaik pretty much any 3DS that went in for repair with a firmware issue was simply swapped out for a new motherboard, they might just prefer to strip the board out, swap it, then send all the dead boards to china to be fixed via test points and have no external way of activating RCM

from what i can see they switch lite is also using the same old analogue sticks, this would obviously be a greater issue if they end up suffering from the same stick drifting issues, as you can no longer just buy a new joy con and would need to either send it in for repair or open the whole console and remove the motherboard etc to swap them out

as for the "better battery life model" here is a better picture of the board,
png.php

kinda interested in the internal code names, VALI = switch lite, ODIN = revised original switch

so we have "Odin" and the son of Odin "Váli", funny to see nintendo go with norse mythology code names :lol:

Oh, and another note, is that a 64GB eMMC chip i see on the switch lite, not sure if any mention has been made on the emmc specs of the switch lite, but from what i can make out it seems to be a 64GB chip

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lawyer Mario