Hacking Firmware 3.61 released.

D

Deleted User

Does anyone know if you can still use Remote Play on the Vita without updating? To be honest, emulation on the Vita has been amazing, but I can't manage without remote play in my house!! I'll be updating if I have to... :(
You can use Vita Update Blocker (or that other recently released update blocker; I forgot the name) to temporarily gain PSN access for around a week or two before it won't work again. However after that, I believe you won't be able to.

It's only a matter if time until HENkaku 3.61 is released, I'm sure.
HENkaku was patched in 3.61.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if you can still use Remote Play on the Vita without updating? To be honest, emulation on the Vita has been amazing, but I can't manage without remote play in my house!! I'll be updating if I have to... :( It's only a matter if time until HENkaku 3.61 is released, I'm sure.
You can use it for a week more or so at least if you use Vita Update Blocker. No reason to update quite yet.

Edit: Ninja'd on the second lol

demoncatursday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Vita downloaded the update and I got scared but checked Settings and I'm still .60 :toot:

Deleted the update files immediately afterwards
-
@Alex79uk I'm pretty sure you would need to update, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a Henkaku 3.61, it may happen but more likely than not Yiffan (and the community in general) will be focused on .60 for now

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
How? Im trying to use tunein radio on my pstv and it wont let me because of the update
Open vita update blocker, on your PSTV go to Network Settings, choose your wifi or LAN if you use ethernet (<3) and go to Advanced Settings, Enable proxy, input the IP and port shown in Vita Update Blocker, hit the back button so it saves the changes, then open PS Store, login, let it connect, once the store pops up, open up the app you want to use and there you go. You may have to disable the proxy again, just make sure the app you want to use is already connected!

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1)Download vita update blocker 1.2 on your PC ans run it.

2)On your vita go to Network settings > advanced > Proxy and set up the IP you see in your PC (ex: 1.688.739.747, port 8080)

3)Connect freely to the network, just make sure they are connected to the same network ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I never expected Sony to take a card from Nintendo's deck.

Having in mind they pulled ePSP game exploits within hours of being released to the scene in the past I fail to see what you really mean, it was more than obvious Sony would patch within a few days...

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2)On your vita go to Network settings > advanced > Proxy and set up the IP you see in your PC (ex: 1.688.739.747, port 8080)

3)Connect freely to the network, just make sure they are connected to the same network ;)

Having in mind they pulled ePSP game exploits within hours of being released to the scene in the past I fail to see what you really mean, it was more than obvious Sony would patch within a few days...
Thanks also thsnks for not being a jerk a relized the answer was posted the more i read into the comments

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So sony support is sitting on standby with preperations for all exploits? Their file systems are like probably somehow revealing to them how the exploits work and trying to be all Matrix on it. A week and they fix it? Just who is on that team sony have making this happen so fast, KEVEN BUTLER? O_O

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So sony support is sitting on standby with preperations for all exploits? Their file systems are like probably somehow revealing to them how the exploits work and trying to be all Matrix on it. A week and they fix it? Just who is on that team sony have making this happen so fast, KEVEN BUTLER? O_O

There was an ePSP game exploit that was taken within 4 hours of being announced, people got really surprised because petty much no one got the opportunity to buy it lmao. I took a hard dissapoinment to see how Sony worked so fast and hard to kill that ePSP exploit when they put zero work on the vita anymore...

Even the HENkaku website told people to not update above 3.60 because it would not work above 3.60... Even tho the exploit was not officially released, 3.61 wasn't a thing they were working on and Sony hadn't even seen what HENkaku was...

I had sold my 2 Vitas before since I eneded uo profitting from them, but went out to craigslist and bought another Vita ASAP, linked my PSN and updated it to 3.60 so I didnt have to bother reading tutorials "how to link your PSN to low firmware vita" or "how to manually update to firmware 3.60 without going to latest", etc. They are not overly complicated but if you can avoid having to follow unnecessary steps by simply doing these things early, why the heck not right? :P

it-only-does-useless-firmware-updates-ps3-ps3hax.jpg

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was an ePSP game exploit that was taken within 4 hours of being announced, people got really surprised because petty much no one got the opportunity to buy it lmao. I took a hard dissapoinment to see how Sony worked so fast and hard to kill that ePSP exploit when they put zero work on the vita anymore...

Even the HENkaku website told people to not update above 3.60 because it would not work above 3.60... Even tho the exploit was not officially released, 3.61 wasn't a thing they were working on and Sony hadn't even seen what HENkaku was...

I had sold my 2 Vitas before since I eneded uo profitting from them, but went out to craigslist and bought another Vita ASAP, linked my PSN and updated it to 3.60 so I didnt have to bother reading tutorials "how to link your PSN to low firmware vita" or "how to manually update to firmware 3.60 without going to latest", etc. They are not overly complicated but if you can avoid having to follow unnecessary steps by simply doing these things early, why the heck not right? :P
Still is scary knowing how sony could fix something so fast. Just who do they have on their side to do it so easily? O_O

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, Sony's being a real dickhead. They just don't know when to quit when it's obvious that their Vita was a complete failure of a handheld. Just give up and let the underground devs have their fun. smh

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still is scary knowing how sony could fix something so fast. Just who do they have on their side to do it so easily? O_O
A large team of highly paid coders and software engineers, they also built and designed the whole system and its software so its not far fetched they know exactly what the exploit is taking advantage of

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, if all my sony games funds are going in to Hack prevention then I think i may need to re evaluate my purchases.
While yes hacks are important to prevent, my money spent on games should be going into MAKING MORE GAMES AND GIVING PEOPLE REASONS TO BUY YOUR STUFF! Not trying to stop people from buying it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I didn't know that until now. I learned me a new thing.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: