ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates: Felicia and Jakob Join Order Switch

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose that would have been nice when I went to start my secondary female save but meh, still kinda cool. I just really like Felicia as my maid more. :/ =D

Zolexic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't suppose there's any way to switch felicia and jakob's special skills around? Having felicia give -2 damage to fem allies instead of dudes would make a lot more sense considering she's gay as heck for me.

Zolexic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, some of the DLC intro cinematics still show Jakob instead of felicia -- I dunno if it's just that these DLCs always have Jakob speaking regardless of character, but I assume it just didn't get swapped.

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I may be missing something trivial, but I cannot make this patch work fully. I am using a US N3DS with Luma 7.1 and B9S and I have tried it on both FEF: Conquest EUR and FEF: Special Edition EUR with the same results: Felicia is indeed used as a playable character along female Corrin, but all of Felicia's interactions are actually Jakob's. For example, on chapters 3 and 4, where Gunter and Felicia introduce themselves and provide advice, it is Jakob who is talking, even though Felicia is on the map (and plays just fine.)

I applied the patch using Luma's LayaredFS and already tried replacing @E for @U in the folder structure but the issue persists.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Last edited by starburst,

Nekusaku93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Sorry if this is a very dumb question (I'm very new to this hacking stuff), but is there a possible tutorial on how to install this patch? It has plenty of files that I don't want to mess with/ruin. If anyone could please help, I'd really appreciate it. I'm currently playing the Gay Fates hack through Luma.

P.S.
If anyone knows how to add Flora, that be helpful as well since I have the patch to that also, but it's "Felicia-Jakob" files are a little different from it's original patch release.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Sorry if this is a very dumb question (I'm very new to this hacking stuff), but is there a possible tutorial on how to install this patch? It has plenty of files that I don't want to mess with/ruin. If anyone could please help, I'd really appreciate it. I'm currently playing the Gay Fates hack through Luma.

P.S.
If anyone knows how to add Flora, that be helpful as well since I have the patch to that also, but it's "Felicia-Jakob" files are a little different from it's original patch release.
If you read the first post it says the hack is installed the same way as the Gay Fates hack. :/ If you know how to install that through Luma, you know how to install this. And, iirc, there's a different thread for getting Flora.

Nekusaku93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read the first post it says the hack is installed the same way as the Gay Fates hack. :/ If you know how to install that through Luma, you know how to install this. And, iirc, there's a different thread for getting Flora.
Update: I finally found out how to do it yesterday (I know, it was VERY simple the whole time. Sorry it took me so long to figure that out. -_-) However, something went wrong when I started up the game.

-When I started up Revelation, I got Felicia's dialogue and support/cut scene art, but the sprite/unit I got for the chapter itself was Jakob. I then went to Birthright (which is the physical cartridge I have. Conquest and Revelation are DLC add-ons), and the same thing happened: Felicia’s dialogue and support/cut scene art, but Jakob’s in game as the unit. I copied all the files from the @E folders (M, B, and C) and put them in my SD card’s @E folders.

-As for the files in the “depos” folder that I found in the “GameData” folder, I didn’t use those.

-As for the scripts folder, I just put inside the romfs folder where the GameData and m folders are on my SD card. Hope I put them in the right spot.

I’m trying to figure out what went wrong.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I finally found out how to do it yesterday (I know, it was VERY simple the whole time. Sorry it took me so long to figure that out. -_-) However, something went wrong when I started up the game.

-When I started up Revelation, I got Felicia's dialogue and support/cut scene art, but the sprite/unit I got for the chapter itself was Jakob. I then went to Birthright (which is the physical cartridge I have. Conquest and Revelation are DLC add-ons), and the same thing happened: Felicia’s dialogue and support/cut scene art, but Jakob’s in game as the unit. I copied all the files from the @E folders (M, B, and C) and put them in my SD card’s @E folders.

-As for the files in the “depos” folder that I found in the “GameData” folder, I didn’t use those.

-As for the scripts folder, I just put inside the romfs folder where the GameData and m folders are on my SD card. Hope I put them in the right spot.

I’m trying to figure out what went wrong.
Remove everything you used for the Felicia/Jakob switch from your SD card. When you are giving files in a download for a hack like his, you HAVE to make use of all of them otherwise the hack will not work correctly.

1. Redownload the hack and extract it.
2. Move all 3 folders (GameData (INCLUDING THE DISPOS FOLDER), m, and scripts) to your romfs folder.
3. Start a new game.

Just note: if you wish to use this hack with the DLC, use the special edition (find it in .cia form and install it) because you cannot modify the DLC paths this way with Luma hacks.

Nekusaku93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove everything you used for the Felicia/Jakob switch from your SD card. When you are giving files in a download for a hack like his, you HAVE to make use of all of them otherwise the hack will not work correctly.

1. Redownload the hack and extract it.
2. Move all 3 folders (GameData (INCLUDING THE DISPOS FOLDER), m, and scripts) to your romfs folder.
3. Start a new game.

Just note: if you wish to use this hack with the DLC, use the special edition (find it in .cia form and install it) because you cannot modify the DLC paths this way with Luma hacks.

It worked! Thank you so much for helping! I really appreciate it! Thanks again!

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Ciannar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: If I were to install this hack would I be able to start a game from the branch of fates option on the main menu or would I have to start a new game from chapter 1 for it to take effect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?