ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

singlepringle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say you're SOL right now, then. I'm not sure if they'll post any updates to Twitter or Discord or both, but it is still being worked on as far as I know. However, if you wanted to make your own conversations, no one can stop you. Lots of people have made their own. The people who are working on Gay Awakening/Gay Fates don't have ownership of the assets; you can do whatever you want.
Oh okay thank you that clears things up (:

TsukuyomiTsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Oh, goodness. Is anyone able to help with my n00b hex editing skills?!
I use OSX so I honestly have no clue (I have a Hex editor, even downloaded NTSF to no avail since it can't open bin.lz files) how I can merge mutliple mods together. I found like, 1 or 2 guides but.... also my copy already has an older version of the hack installed, will that be in conflict, I wonder? Currently in the C folder I have 2 C012.bin.lz files, which lead to one being a copy file. I feel like I need to merge them for the mod to work. It's hell currently because I want this mod, the Valla Royal class mod AND the item icons mod all simultaneously installed and there's just conflicting file names...

Edit: It worked, all with the exception of being able to see one of Azura's class's skins, and the Gay Hack only works with MU and nobody else. sigh

Last edited by TsukuyomiTsuki,

Lunabellaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone please help me? I downloaded the gay fates marriage, and the S support option shows up but when i trigger it, it doesn't show any S support cutscene and it just said " .. has reached S support with .." any help will be appreciated

Edit: Turns out this happened because the Japanese Files were corrupted because I use WinRar. Use 7zip, right click on the winrar file and choose to open with 7zip. I figure this out from someone called Dylos from this forum so idk if they're still active but thanks so much if youre reading this!

Last edited by Lunabellaa,

Ryuheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Guys the patch works with citra?
And if works the dlc's works?
Is beacuse i see in a post that many dlc not works beacuse they haven't the patch but idk if is true.

Last edited by Ryuheal,

G_R_C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to this and wanted to know how to get the children to work. I want the children in the game with convos for their respective parents. Would the all-paralogues-unlocked patch still accomplish this or would I need to use the workaround on the front page? If I have to use the workaround, is there an actual link to the process of using braindump or is it in that video that I had brazenly ignored on the front page? I'll check it out after posting but, an answer would still be pretty swell.

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I'm new to this and wanted to know how to get the children to work. I want the children in the game with convos for their respective parents. Would the all-paralogues-unlocked patch still accomplish this or would I need to use the workaround on the front page? If I have to use the workaround, is there an actual link to the process of using braindump or is it in that video that I had brazenly ignored on the front page? I'll check it out after posting but, an answer would still be pretty swell.
All-paralogues unlocked will give you the kids, but they won't have sibling supports because of how the game works in recognising parents. There's a way to swap the kids' parents around with FEFTwiddler so they match up, thus granting you sibling supports for those two kids.

Supposedly there's an easier way to do the parent-gender-swap workaround, by using FEFTwiddler to change one parent's class into the other-gender version of the same class, but I've never been able to get that method to work.

Chicky_Nuggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you check gamebanana for Fe Fates someone made an updated isp patch that you just put in the fates title ID folder that unlocks paralogs like it would for normal pairing kids, and it has the game recognize any kids as siblings with no extra work on your part, which the patch on this page didn't do.

AnshiAneko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hey guys. So, since the patch is not active and the current person managing the patch isn't responding, me and RefinedNoble started putting together already written conversations available on UnassumingVenusaur's tumblr.
For now we have these done (dropbox link): /s/jxcmtub976o19do/1st%20release.zip?dl=0
If there was any problem or if anyone would like to help with the rest of supports please let me know!
(Of course, if UnassumingVenusaur or the current person managing the patch has any problem with this I'll take it down.)

Edit. I probably should have included some sort of guide to how to use these files, so.
Download the Gay Patch. Choose your preferred mod form (Luma/HANS...) and your game version (for me it would be Luma > 000400000017A800). Now navigate to romfs > m > @U. Copy the content of the @U folder in the link I posted to this @U folder (The @U folder in my link only contains support conversations that I and RefinedNoble compiled. The ones in the original patch are not included.) Now apply the whole patch as you would normally do (there are guides for that).

Last edited by AnshiAneko,

CursedCuttingCrater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. So, since the patch is not active and the current person managing the patch isn't responding, me and RefinedNoble started putting together already written conversations available on UnassumingVenusaur's tumblr.
For now we have these done (dropbox link): /s/jxcmtub976o19do/1st%20release.zip?dl=0
If there was any problem or if anyone would like to help with the rest of supports please let me know!
(Of course, if UnassumingVenusaur or the current person managing the patch has any problem with this I'll take it down.)

Sorry if this is basic, but how do I apply these files to my game? Am I supposed to place the "@U" folder into my "m" folder? I'm trying to install by recompiling the game and I have an "@E" folder. Also, are the files inside the @U folder supposed to be named like that? I'm using USA Special Edition on Citra if that changes anything.

EDIT: So I solved my issue by changing my system locale to Japan and extracting normally. I believe that the Dropbox link preview shows Mojibake probably due to my own browser extensions. Also, I can just put the file from the @U into @E and it works fine.

Last edited by CursedCuttingCrater,

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys the patch works with citra?
And if works the dlc's works?
Is beacuse i see in a post that many dlc not works beacuse they haven't the patch but idk if is true.
Yes it works with citra. Newer versions have a function basically the same as lumas layeredfs, which you can use with the luma files from the gay hack download. citras site has instructions on how to use that here: https://citra-emu.org/help/feature/game-modding/.

you can also do unpack-rebuild the rom, which i would only bother with if you are getting lag from the layeredfs method. instructions for that can be found here: https://pastebin.com/pwmVKDXM

getting dlc to work on citra is possible, but some people have issues with it. in theory all you should need to do is set your emulator to the same region as the dlc and install it.

Mansad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm new to the whole 3DS modding scene. Can you please teach me how to use this please and can you also do this for the Awakening mod. Thank you in advance:)

AnshiAneko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'm new to the whole 3DS modding scene. Can you please teach me how to use this please and can you also do this for the Awakening mod. Thank you in advance:)
Yeeaah I probably should have specified that :'D

Download the Gay Patch. Choose your preferred mod form (Luma/HANS...) and your game version (for me it would be Luma > 000400000017A800). Now navigate to romfs > m > @U. Copy the content of the @U folder in the link I posted to this @U folder (The @U folder in my link only contains support conversations that I and RefinedNoble compiled. The ones in the original patch are not included.) Now apply the whole patch as you would normally do (there are guides for that).

As for the Awakening... maaaybe?? I have no idea how long will Fates take, but maybe after we're finished with it. I don't want to make any promises.

Meremy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got a question about the changing of the mod files, so I can get children from same gendered characters.

For some reason, my 01x0000 byte is "EF".
I can't change it to EG.
(Yes I know nothing about hexadecimal).
What this comes down to, is that even tho I flag a character as male or female, it doesn't apply for some reason, leaving me with the standard gay fates hack.
Can someone tell me, what I have to do with that EF byte so the changes apply?

Edit: Nvm, just found out about the patch files that come with the modifications.

Last edited by Meremy,

Ryuheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Yes it works with citra. Newer versions have a function basically the same as lumas layeredfs, which you can use with the luma files from the gay hack download. citras site has instructions on how to use that here:

you can also do unpack-rebuild the rom, which i would only bother with if you are getting lag from the layeredfs method. instructions for that can be found here:

getting dlc to work on citra is possible, but some people have issues with it. in theory all you should need to do is set your emulator to the same region as the dlc and install it.[/QUOTE

One question more.

I want a FEF SE undub + marriage + siwinsuit with the dlc.
The problem is that i download de versions of internet but the dlc not work (i use citra and only have version's with this patch but the ver 4.1) so i decided patch for my self the game (i patch the game with this patch and works).
But how can i add the undub, marriage and swinsuit path i mean is because idk if gonna work with this patch.
And where i can find this patches i was looking but i don't see nothing... Is the ''FEF if'' what adds these patches?

PD: Not worry if you don't know ^^

Last edited by Ryuheal,

Kaanna

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
so... i manage to install using another tutorial
but it makes the game so much laggy.....
and im using citra emulator to run the game
should i follow the tutorial or its just my potato pc problem?
btw im new with this stuff can someone help me out????

lbf90pp65

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyone making supports at the moment? I'm pretty bad at the kind of stuff, if anyone can reply, ill gladly appreciate it. :D

The_Monado_Satyr

Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
Physical definetly works.
Forgive me for asking if it's already been asked ( if it was my apologies i have nc where to start looking in 1-113 pages and i think i got my answer from looking at the delta pack question) but can this work for digital copies i still have my birthright cart with rev dlc.

RuffNoisu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I registered an account on here because I have a question. I grabbed the most recent release from UV in this thread (6.2.1) and I noticed that the Male MU now no longer has any level up messages - besides that the mod works fine. I confirmed that Female MU works and has her level up messages/voice lines trigger normally. How can I fix this? (Playing on the JPN Special Edition)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay