ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Tsukamui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I love this idea ♥.♥ Can we use this patch in the french version ? If yes how ? I tried to read but i don't understand :/
Are you gonna make Leon/Takumi romantic support ? Their A support is so cute i wanna ship them together ♥.♥ i would like to help you but my english is bad ^^"

Soul-D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I was using the patch on the EUR ver of Birthright until I reached chapter 6 : then, the game started to crash each time I choose my main save file with NTR actived. I tried with your lastest update but the result is the same
I obviously renamed the folder from @E to @U and I replaced the titleid with 0004000000179500, the european id

Karalius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to hex edit to get children for male x male characters and female x female characters. I'm wondering how you hex edit for changing the parents of characters and the s ranks of characters. Which isn't in the OP or anywhere really.
Ah this was a misunderstanding then sorry! I'm not really sure how to do this.

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was using the patch on the EUR ver of Birthright until I reached chapter 6 : then, the game started to crash each time I choose my main save file with NTR actived. I tried with your lastest update but the result is the same
I obviously renamed the folder from @E to @U and I replaced the titleid with 0004000000179500, the european id
If you're using NTR I don't think the hack will work yet for EUR versions, because the plugin files in the patch right now are only for USA versions and JP versions.

Soul-D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you're using NTR I don't think the hack will work yet for EUR versions, because the plugin files in the patch right now are only for USA versions and JP versions.
Yup, I was juste reporting it
I'm going to wait for someone to release an EUR version of the files, like for the Awakening patch

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I was juste reporting it
I'm going to wait for someone to release an EUR version of the files, like for the Awakening patch
ah ok, well if you send me the exefs.bin file for the EUR vers of birthright, I can try to make a layeredfs.plg file for it.

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can send them to you if you tell where i can find them :)
Well, you'd have to use braindump to dump birthright, which can take a while and can take a lot of space (about 2GB of your SD card). If you're willing to do that then after braindump finishes there'll be a romfs.bin file and an exefs.bin file in a folder of your SD card that's named after the title ID of your birthright.

naomeh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if I have this right.
Hans will only run/work with this patch with physical copies of the games, thus I need the NTR CFW.
NTR CFW only runs on firmware less than 9.3.3, so that's out, too.

Thus, I cannot run this unless I buy a physical copy of the game and install Hans. Right? I'm confused as people claim this works with the digital version, but I've also read that Hans doesn't even run the digital version of Fire Emblem Fates.

alpselon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if I have this right.
Hans will only run/work with this patch with physical copies of the games, thus I need the NTR CFW.
NTR CFW only runs on firmware less than 9.3.3, so that's out, too.

Thus, I cannot run this unless I buy a physical copy of the game and install Hans. Right? I'm confused as people claim this works with the digital version, but I've also read that Hans doesn't even run the digital version of Fire Emblem Fates.
This does indeed work with the digital versions of the games via NTR! for digital versions you need either arm9loaderhax or an emuNAND set up on your 3DS first.

Reactions: naomeh

naomeh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does indeed work with the digital versions of the games via NTR! for digital versions you need either arm9loaderhax or an emuNAND set up on your 3DS first.
Oh, okay. I don't think I can use it, then. I have the latest firmware and NTR CFW mentions:
"Requirements: 1 A EU/AUS/JP/USA New 3DS with firmware 8.1.0/9.0.0/9.1.0/9.2.0. (We will add supports for old3ds and other regions later, however firmware >= 9.3.0 might never be supported"

If I'd known about this, I wouldn't have updated! Too bad. I assumed 3ds would never be hacked in any way. :P Thanks for your answer.

Goose Caboose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I'm a bit of a noob to this whole 3ds hacking thing, but I've installed the HANS version on my 10.3 o3DS using Ninjhax. HANS successfully launches it, but when I load a level, there are no sprites... at all. All I see are HP gauges and the name of the unit, no portrait, no sprite. I've done the entire HANS process twice, but get identical results. Please help! Thanks in advance :)

Oh, and I'm using USA Special Edition if that has anything to do with it.

Goose Caboose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Peazip as suggested in that video on the first page. I've extracted these files twice, on separate attempts, but when reading what corrupt files did to the game, I figured that wasn't the cause. Is there a better alternative than Peazip? I'd really rather not copy and past every file name into google translate (with the newest version that would take FOREVER)

Also, I don't know if this matters, but when I used braindump, it came out as a .cxi file. I then used Asia81's 3ds hacking tool to expand the romfs files, then applied the hack and rebuilt the romfs. From what I read, it seems that this should have the same result, but I don't know. Like I said, I'm a noob.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Alright, so I'm a bit of a noob to this whole 3ds hacking thing, but I've installed the HANS version on my 10.3 o3DS using Ninjhax. HANS successfully launches it, but when I load a level, there are no sprites... at all. All I see are HP gauges and the name of the unit, no portrait, no sprite. I've done the entire HANS process twice, but get identical results. Please help! Thanks in advance :)

Oh, and I'm using USA Special Edition if that has anything to do with it.
I've seen this problem before, and I know what it is, and it's rather simple actually.

I don't know what instructions you followed, but it is very critical that when working with Awakening or Fates, DO NOT USE CTRTOOLS TO EXTRACT THE CONTENTS OF THE ROMFS.

This causes the game's files to have completely garbage filenames, important files such as portraits and sprites are in Japanese, CtrTools turns all Japanese characters into pound signals (#), meaning that when you rebuild, all those important Japanese filenames are gone and replaced with pound signals, meaning the game will never find all those important assets and such.
hHHKXLf.png

Use these set of tools when dealing with the romfs of these 2 games.

Goose Caboose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I use braindump, I don't get a folder with a romfs.bin file in it. I only get a .cxi file with that super long number title, that's why I used that other program. Is there a way to get braindump to give me that folder instead of the .cxi?

Last edited by Goose Caboose,

Karalius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty new to this as well but I think if you want Braindump to dump the files you need instead of a CXI you need to get the older version. It's what I had to do for Awakening, although oddly enough using Ctrtools worked fine when I added this hack on Fates I think, weirdly enough?

Alph Steins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Every time I use braindump, I don't get a folder with a romfs.bin file in it. I only get a .cxi file with that super long number title, that's why I used that other program. Is there a way to get braindump to give me that folder instead of the .cxi?
Use Braindump 0.0.1 (the first version), you can download it HERE, that way you will get a "romfs.bin".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto