ROM Hack Fire Emblem Conversation Editor (Awakening/Fates)

SecretiveCactus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never see a such wonderful and great program like this !
Thank you so much ^^
I have 3 questions :
-1 : It's possible to write like (BGM: Mute) just to cut out the current BGM and then, put a other music ?
-2 : How i can add custom character ?
-3 : How we can put our custom support from this awesome program into our game ? (Me it's Eur and Jap FE fates i have)

I'm glad you like it! For your questions:

1) I'm not actually sure what the control code to stop BGM playback is, though that's one of the things I've got on the list to investigate. Unfortunately, that means that at the moment the only easy thing to do with BGM is start a new one. I'm sorry about that! It's definitely a priority.
2) Custom characters need several components:
- Their portraits need to be added to the resources/`game-mode`/img/face directory, with the right naming conventions.
- Their block of portrait information needs to be added to resources/`game-mode`/bin/faces.bin. One of the things I'm planning on doing in the future is replacing this with an XML-based configuration, but for now this is probably the trickiest part.
- You need to add their FID to the resources/`game-mode`/txt/FID.txt file at the same index as their data in faces.bin -- if you just added the face data to the end of the file,you can add it at the end.
- You need to add their name to resources/`game-mode`/txt/xml/lang/`active-lang`/PIDs.xml.
In the future, this is another thing that I want to streamline for end users.
3) You'll need to use something like HANS or NTR. If you look at the install instructions (and directory setup for your game region) for UnassumingVenusaur's gay patches for Awakening and Fates, it should give you the general idea! If you want to add supports (or support levels) not present in the base game, you'll need to use something like thane98's support editor to add the ability to have the conversations into the game. As long as you used the New Support Conversation dialog, or are loading existing supports, everything should work!

Arnaud04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm glad you like it! For your questions:

1) I'm not actually sure what the control code to stop BGM playback is, though that's one of the things I've got on the list to investigate. Unfortunately, that means that at the moment the only easy thing to do with BGM is start a new one. I'm sorry about that! It's definitely a priority.
2) Custom characters need several components:
- Their portraits need to be added to the resources/`game-mode`/img/face directory, with the right naming conventions.
- Their block of portrait information needs to be added to resources/`game-mode`/bin/faces.bin. One of the things I'm planning on doing in the future is replacing this with an XML-based configuration, but for now this is probably the trickiest part.
- You need to add their FID to the resources/`game-mode`/txt/FID.txt file at the same index as their data in faces.bin -- if you just added the face data to the end of the file,you can add it at the end.
- You need to add their name to resources/`game-mode`/txt/xml/lang/`active-lang`/PIDs.xml.
In the future, this is another thing that I want to streamline for end users.
3) You'll need to use something like HANS or NTR. If you look at the install instructions (and directory setup for your game region) for UnassumingVenusaur's gay patches for Awakening and Fates, it should give you the general idea! If you want to add supports (or support levels) not present in the base game, you'll need to use something like thane98's support editor to add the ability to have the conversations into the game. As long as you used the New Support Conversation dialog, or are loading existing supports, everything should work!
1) Ow...too bad :(
2) it's looking pretty hard to put all we need for me
3) Ok^^
...arg i REALLY need photos/screen/video just to understand how i can put patch/modify support/portrait/etc...because i swear i'm a NOOB about Game Hacks
I really don't want to do it blindly and have my gamecard don't working or brick my Eur N3DS/Jap O3DS

Reactions: SecretiveCactus

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Welp, I caught the weird $G bug in action again.
upload_2017-2-16_23-57-16.png

The correct text is highlighted on the right. It seems that it's an issue with reading/loading the file, because the mistake is in the editor but the original is fine.

SecretiveCactus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Ow...too bad :(
2) it's looking pretty hard to put all we need for me
3) Ok^^
...arg i REALLY need photos/screen/video just to understand how i can put patch/modify support/portrait/etc...because i swear i'm a NOOB about Game Hacks
I really don't want to do it blindly and have my gamecard don't working or brick my Eur N3DS/Jap O3DS

Yeah, I'm afraid adding new characters isn't as easy as I'd like to to be right now. That's definitely going to change, though!

Welp, I caught the weird $G bug in action again.
View attachment 78573
The correct text is highlighted on the right. It seems that it's an issue with reading/loading the file, because the mistake is in the editor but the original is fine.

How interesting. It looks like it copied the previous one twice, once where it should be and once where it shouldn't. I'll look into that, now that I have a better idea of the timing and mechanics.

Arnaud04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I'm afraid adding new characters isn't as easy as I'd like to to be right now. That's definitely going to change, though!

Aw...
If i understand,i'll need Fates Support Editor, other program i don't know,to ass custom character/portrait, and Expanded Music if i want put music from Awakening
but all i have is a old red 3ds on old firmware. I hope i can do it but i swear i HATE do blindly and risk anything

Blue Sun

Trophies
Website
bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I really want to use this tool but every time I double click the fe-conversation-editor.jar in the bin folder all I get is the err.log and the out.log. I've downloaded the Core Resource Pack, Sound Pack, and the BGM Pack for Fire Emblem Fates, extracted the resources folder and placed them in the root of the fe-conversation-editor-1.2.1 folder. I replaced files that I was asked to replace before launching the .jar file and I don't have the Awakening resources. Can someone help me out here?

Edit: I tried double-clicking the .bat files from a fresh download and a command window comes up before closing itself out while nothing else happens. A new err.log and out.log pop-up afterward.

Last edited by Blue Sun,

Shiro-san

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me while I wipe my tears of joy-

There is one glitch where it sometimes doesn't load all of the audio files. It fixes itself randomly when you open and close the files, but annoying nonetheless. I'd rather not have to memorize the character voices. already did for some lol

SecretiveCactus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been lazy about updating the GitLab, but 1.3 is getting close! On that note, @ValiantChan, I still haven't managed to reproduce that $G issue. Could you possibly send me one of the files it's happened in?

I really want to use this tool but every time I double click the fe-conversation-editor.jar in the bin folder all I get is the err.log and the out.log. I've downloaded the Core Resource Pack, Sound Pack, and the BGM Pack for Fire Emblem Fates, extracted the resources folder and placed them in the root of the fe-conversation-editor-1.2.1 folder. I replaced files that I was asked to replace before launching the .jar file and I don't have the Awakening resources. Can someone help me out here?

Edit: I tried double-clicking the .bat files from a fresh download and a command window comes up before closing itself out while nothing else happens. A new err.log and out.log pop-up afterward.

What do the logs say? Can you send them to me? I can't do much if I don't know what the problem is!

Excuse me while I wipe my tears of joy-

There is one glitch where it sometimes doesn't load all of the audio files. It fixes itself randomly when you open and close the files, but annoying nonetheless. I'd rather not have to memorize the character voices. already did for some lol

Mm, interesting, I haven't encountered that one. What operating system are you on? When does it happen -- at load time, only after swapping mode...?

Shiro-san

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been lazy about updating the GitLab, but 1.3 is getting close! On that note, @ValiantChan, I still haven't managed to reproduce that $G issue. Could you possibly send me one of the files it's happened in?

What do the logs say? Can you send them to me? I can't do much if I don't know what the problem is!

Mm, interesting, I haven't encountered that one. What operating system are you on? When does it happen -- at load time, only after swapping mode...?
It occurs at load time. I'm on windows 10.

SecretiveCactus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It occurs at load time. I'm on windows 10.

Okay, thank you! I'll see about borrowing a windows 10 laptop from a friend to run some tests on that, then. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it ends up being something related to windows and its pathing... That was a headache from the start. Why can't every OS be as sensible as Linux?

Altari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I am new in hacking, but I will try my best. I am trying to copy the petting minigame from the japanese game to the european version, but it is a liiiitle difficult. Can I help you and myself with this project somehow? my idea is that I could play those uncensored content in my original 3ds card. I extracted all the files from the eu version and now i am going to do the same with the japanese.

D

Deleted User

hey folks. I need some help with this. I think my download ended up being pretty bugged out because it seemed some folders were misplaced.
My friend helped me out trying to organize the folders properly, and finally the program would actually boot up.
But now I'm stuck with this screen right here.
https://gyazo.com/fc2a04c404c10f94809c6e039d2a9799
Clicking Convert doesn't do anything. According to the walkthrough I should be seeing the development area, but it just appears as the raw file.
I was told it may have been because my resources file had stuff missing, but it looks like this right now
https://gyazo.com/019dd627e04cf180989969f0f5f09bae

would really appreciate help on this ASAP!

the editor spat out an error log. this is it:
It seems like I'm missing a bunch of files from this path here?
https://gyazo.com/881754ed1e79710492fbd0ebb4d42640

is this normal?

Edit again:
so i had to find the files that were missing and put them in the places that it wanted. and now my program looks like this.
https://gyazo.com/77bee185c980bb2f222edc523544ac99

and my error file reads like this.

Attachments

• error.txt
    21.8 KB · Views: 336
  • error2.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 599
Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

update:
I think you should check out the big .zip file with version 1.2.1, because i think something in there could be bugged.
I had a bunch of problems trying to get the editor to work and the err.log kept spitting it what seems to be Java related issues.
I downloaded 1.1 and just downloaded the 1.2.1 .jar only instead and it worked without much of a hitch.

AgahnimD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newbie here with a few questions if you don't mind!

1) Is this just for supports or can it also change event text, such as story elements? I want to try and clean Conquest up a little bit.
2) How are you so awesome?

Thank you!

RasenShot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First, I'd like to say that this tool is a godsend, and YOU are the God.

But I have a question though, since I'm still learning all of this...

I wanted to create support convos between units that don't even have supports in the vanilla game (like amiibos), but thanks to the Gay Fates hack, now they do! But most of them are still not written and not implemented yet in the hack, so I was wondering... After I finished creating said supports with this editor, how do I implement them in the hack?

I already have the hack installed btw.

Fluffy56547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I'd like to say that this tool is a godsend, and YOU are the God.

But I have a question though, since I'm still learning all of this...

I wanted to create support convos between units that don't even have supports in the vanilla game (like amiibos), but thanks to the Gay Fates hack, now they do! But most of them are still not written and not implemented yet in the hack, so I was wondering... After I finished creating said supports with this editor, how do I implement them in the hack?

I already have the hack installed btw.

Likewise, I would also want to know. I want to add some supports to Bond units.

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
upload_2017-3-5_12-34-50.png

Seems that the game uses different code for the generic Hoshidan samurai. This was adapted straight from the Caeldori/Selena P/C Support - all I did was do a search and replace to make it a Caeldori/Flora P/C.

On another note, I'm like 90% sure the poofing issue I had was because of copy/pasting from Word. Spent like two hours last night wrestling with a convo because of it - that should teach me not to be lazy, heh.

Feythnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so, I really want to use this tool. But every time I try to open the .bat file (on windows 10, so it might be the same problem), I get the attached err.log (error.txt)

Attachments

• error.txt
    7 KB · Views: 347

Kinzie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!! This tool looks great, and it was obviously made with a lot of care and consideration-- I'm excited to use it! I have everything downloaded (I downloaded the most recent version from this page, if that's important at all), and I'm using a Macbook Pro that's up to date with its software (version 10.12.3), and yet, I can't open up the .sh file that the guide says will start the editor for me. It only opens up the script using my coding program, and I can't get it to run with Terminal either, no matter what commands I use. I've spent about two hours trying to get the shell files to run, and I'm about ready to tear out my hair. Any clue if there's something I'm doing wrong? It looks like I downloaded the right files/version, and I thought I was following the instructions on the user guide to a T (excellent user guide, by the way!! very well written), but was I mistaken?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la