Finally! Hack for Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc for US games!

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh I know what you two, [member="Pingouin7"] & [member="Lumstar"] , are talking about. When trading from Colosseum or the Colosseum Bonus Disk, you have to trade to a GBA game of the same language. So the English Colosseum (and bonus disk) will only be able to trade with English GBA game. The Japanese Colosseum (and bonus disk) can only trade with Japanese GBA games. However GBA to GBA, any language to any language works.

I know this from PalPark. You can only PalPark from games of the same language. Like my copy of Argent Soul Silver wont import Pokémon from an english GBA game. I have to use my english copy of Soul Silver to import from the english GBA game.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Also, the US GBA games don't let you trade with Japanese GBA games.

Sorry, try again.

1 2
Huh. Looks like Pingouin is here to make me look like a fool.

Am I mistaken, or are you in posession of a dump of every Colosseum e-Reader card?

Anyone got an edited version of the Colosseum Bonus Disc working on DML/DM?

It freezes to black when I select to send Celebi. I don't know if I broke something when editing.
That scares me. I was planning to do exactly that...
Which version of DM(L) do you have? I know XD was broken until 2.0.4 or something like that.

1.5, Lite. :/
Latest DM, no idea.
It seems that DML is being shunned in favor of DM. Will test the J Bonus Disc on DM 2.2 ASAP, probably tomorrow.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh I know what you two, [member="Pingouin7"] & [member="Lumstar"] , are talking about. When trading from Colosseum or the Colosseum Bonus Disk, you have to trade to a GBA game of the same language. So the English Colosseum (and bonus disk) will only be able to trade with English GBA game. The Japanese Colosseum (and bonus disk) can only trade with Japanese GBA games. However GBA to GBA, any language to any language works.

I know this from PalPark. You can only PalPark from games of the same language. Like my copy of Argent Soul Silver wont import Pokémon from an english GBA game. I have to use my english copy of Soul Silver to import from the english GBA game.

Yup. So it takes THREE trades to move one single Pokemon from English Colosseum to Japanese Colosseum. Not a very thought-out approach...

D

Deleted-236924

I did have a dump of many e-Reader cards in .sav form for the e-Reader, but I may have misplaced them somewhere.
Pretty sure there wasn't the Colosseum e-Cards on there.

D

Deleted-236924

I did have a dump of many e-Reader cards in .sav form for the e-Reader, but I may have misplaced them somewhere.
Pretty sure there wasn't the Colosseum e-Cards on there.
Ooooh... Could you upload them?

Back on topic... Anyone got this working on DM?
I probably could, but you would have to wait probably a week and a half (maybe more) until I have access to the computer which should have them on it.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If it's not working on DML, perhaps the Colosseum and XD patch needs to be applied to the Bonus Disc. Maybe we can get damysteryman to work his magic for the discs.

EDIT: Well, crap. The J Bonus Disc works fine on Dolphin, but under DM2.2, when you select the Colosseum content from the main menu, it blackscreens. I don't even know if you can call it that, because the Wii stopped sending video data.

So, who here can burn and run GC backup discs?

EDIT2: Wow, I'm dumb. Can someone provide a memcard.RAW with a 100% save on it? The save encryption prevents the saves from being used on other memcards, even with hacking tools. Then, I can use it on Dolphin and provide a decent J Celebi for GBA games in 3GPKM format.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
If it's not working on DML, perhaps the Colosseum and XD patch needs to be applied to the Bonus Disc. Maybe we can get damysteryman to work his magic for the discs.

EDIT: Well, crap. The J Bonus Disc works fine on Dolphin, but under DM2.2, when you select the Colosseum content from the main menu, it blackscreens. I don't even know if you can call it that, because the Wii stopped sending video data.

EDIT2: Wow, I'm dumb. Can someone provide a memcard.RAW with a 100% save on it? The save encryption prevents the saves from being used on other memcards, even with hacking tools. Then, I can use it on Dolphin and provide a decent J Celebi for GBA games in 3GPKM format.
Hooray, I'm not the only one that blackscreened!

If you can rip it to .pkm, that would be great.

I remember a '3G Pokesav' like program... Forgot it's name though...

It was Spanish...

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Hooray, I'm not the only one that blackscreened!

If you can rip it to .pkm, that would be great.

I remember a '3G Pokesav' like program... Forgot it's name though...

It was Spanish...
Enciclopedia Pokemon [sic]. The English version is easier to use, but the Spanish version lets you edit both the party AND Box1, instead of just the party.
Oh yes, and while the Spanish version works fine under .NET 3.5 SP1 (and probably even .NET 2.0 SP2), the English version requires .NET 4.0.

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
I got this working fine with my EUR sav.

Hex editing the disc wasn't difficult. Use the right side menu, change the letter it asks you to. Most of you were messing with the hex itself.

The fixed bonus disc didn't work on DML with me, so I used the dolphin emu on my PC. Loaded fine.

Final step had me inject my sav (gci) into a japanese memory card raw I created in dolphin with a giftpia iso. I then used dolphins GC memory card tools to put my colosseum EUR gci sav file (I used gcmm on my wii to get this) into the japanese memory card image. Loaded up the bonus disc iso, followed the directions. Bam. Everything went fine. reversed my steps back to the wii, and a lvl 10 celebi with a japanese name and trainer id is there in my party!

Randall402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this working fine with my EUR sav.

Hex editing the disc wasn't difficult. Use the right side menu, change the letter it asks you to. Most of you were messing with the hex itself.

The fixed bonus disc didn't work on DML with me, so I used the dolphin emu on my PC. Loaded fine.

Final step had me inject my sav (gci) into a japanese memory card raw I created in dolphin with a giftpia iso. I then used dolphins GC memory card tools to put my colosseum EUR gci sav file (I used gcmm on my wii to get this) into the japanese memory card image. Loaded up the bonus disc iso, followed the directions. Bam. Everything went fine. reversed my steps back to the wii, and a lvl 10 celebi with a japanese name and trainer id is there in my party!

AGH, I can get everything right, until I put the PAL save on the Wii, it freezes. The save isn't mine , I found it on the internet, and it works perfectly in Dolphin, just not on my Wii.... Anyway, I was wondering if you could lend me your save.....

Randall402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, I got it to work perfectly........ The Pal save I found didn't work , something was wrong with it, but I found a complete US save that works great
AGH, I can get everything right, until I put the PAL save on the Wii, it freezes. The save isn't mine , I found it on the internet, and it works perfectly in Dolphin, just not on my Wii.... Anyway, I was wondering if you could lend me your save.....

Nevermind, I got it to work perfectly.......... The Pal save I found had something wrong with it, and wouldn't save , but I found a NTSC save that works perfectly

Sean117vd

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I was trying this today, but it didn't work. :/
I succesfully edited the bonus disc (to PAL) and I can boot it with DM, but when try to obtain celibi I get this message:
1398943540106.jpg

I'm using an official pokemon Colesseum disc (PAL) and I have a save game with all 48 pokemon purified and a free slot in my party. Does anyone know a good solution? (Or at least a translation of this japanese text?)

Edit: The Japanese text is roughly translated: Error, Please restart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.