Hacking Feasability of simulating Pokemon Colosseum e-Reader scans on flashcart ?

BarrelRoll07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

After some research on e-Reader emulation, I didn't find any attempts on using a GBA flashcart to simulate an e-Reader and scanning (japanese) Pokemon Colosseum cards to unlock special battles and shadow pokemons in a semi-legit way.
I know it's entirely doable with VBA and Dolphin, but since I acquired an EZ Flash Omega DE I was asking myself if we could spoof the scanning process on it and use it with a GBA-GC link cable directly to the console playing Colosseum.

There are some ressources to convert and load a .sav file on the e-Reader ROM with the data of mystery events for Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire like the Eon ticket, they use the "Access save data" tab on the e-Reader ROM and manage to send the data to a copy of Ruby or Sapphire with a link cable.

Now if I understood correctly, the e-Reader content on the japanese version of Pokemon Colosseum is first unlockable by "installing" on the e-Reader the Colosseum application with the "Communication" tab. This way the Colosseum transfer application is available in the "Access save data" tab. But to be able to unlock new content, a card is to be scanned within the Colosseum application. Due to this I think it is not likely to be possible to simply inject a .sav containing one of the Colosseum e-Reader card on the ROM before loading it...

Is there any resources on this particular question ? Thanks in advance !

LightningTwo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm also looking how to do this. For some English e-cards I have found them in .bin format, which can be turned into .sav files using Poké-Reader (1.1). These .sav files can then be loaded on a GBA flashcart. However most other e-cards, including all Japanese cards are in .raw format. I don't know how to turn those into .sav files or load them on a flashcart. Any help is appreciated!

BarrelRoll07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm also looking how to do this. For some English e-cards I have found them in .bin format, which can be turned into .sav files using Poké-Reader (1.1). These .sav files can then be loaded on a GBA flashcart. However most other e-cards, including all Japanese cards are in .raw format. I don't know how to turn those into .sav files or load them on a flashcart. Any help is appreciated!
The thing is, after trying some workaround, that Colosseum eReader cards don’t work like the other pokemon cards: the data transfer to the game is first made possible with a special program that is downloaded by going to « Communication » and « GameCube » on the eReader when going for the first time to the room on Colosseum.

So you can’t just import an eReader card save (you could generate one by obtaining .raw files and converting them with tools available on this forum or dedicated Pokemon forums).

I don’t know if it is possible to edit the program itself or its save to inject eReader card data like if you used an emulator for example.

For the moment I was thinking about printing the cards but it’s another tough task…

LightningTwo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The thing is, after trying some workaround, that Colosseum eReader cards don’t work like the other pokemon cards: the data transfer to the game is first made possible with a special program that is downloaded by going to « Communication » and « GameCube » on the eReader when going for the first time to the room on Colosseum.

So you can’t just import an eReader card save (you could generate one by obtaining .raw files and converting them with tools available on this forum or dedicated Pokemon forums).

I don’t know if it is possible to edit the program itself or its save to inject eReader card data like if you used an emulator for example.

For the moment I was thinking about printing the cards but it’s another tough task…
Thanks for the info! Yeah, I see now that those cards work totally different. I was able to inject the Japanese e-reader berries into a .sav file. Another card I was looking to get working on a flashcart is the Regi Dolls e-card. This card has two data strips, which makes it a bit harder. I figured out how to combine the data and put the vpk in a .sav file. Now I can transfer the Regi Dolls to Japanese Ruby/Sapphire with real hardware (+flashcart) without the Japanese e-reader. Next I will try to translate the e-card to get it working with English copies of Ruby/Sapphire.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol