Finally! Hack for Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc for US games!

daltonlaffs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After quite a bit of experimenting, I've successfully found a way to force the Pokémon Colosseum Japanese Bonus Disc to provide a genuine Ageto Celebi to a US (or PAL) Colosseum save file. This Celebi can then be traded to a US/PAL copy of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen, and even migrated to the current generation of DS games.

You will need the following:

1) ISO of the Japanese Bonus Disc
2) A US or PAL copy of Pokémon Colosseum
3) US/PAL save file with all 48 Shadow Pokémon purified and an empty party slot (if you need one, use NuGaSa to restore one of these: US/PAL)
4) A US/PAL copy of a Pokémon GBA game [optional, must match the region of your Colosseum game disc]
5) A good hex editor and an understanding of how they work (HxD is recommended if you need one, Google it.)
6) A way to run Gamecube backups on your GC/Wii.

Now that you have your materials together, follow these instructions carefully.

Step 1: Open your Japanese Bonus Disc ISO in your hex editor of choice.
Step 2: Replace the following hex offsets with the capital letter 'E' (or 'P' if you have a PAL copy of Colosseum): 29AB8003, 29F4FEBB, 29F50AC3.
Step 3: Save the hacked ISO and run it with whatever backup-running method you use. Your Colosseum memory card should be in Slot A, and should have at least one party slot free in-game.
Step 4: Press A to proceed through the menus until you arrive at a screen with two options. The Shrine should be the right option, select it. A cutscene will play featuring Celebi, and you'll be told in Japanese that Celebi is now in your Colosseum party!
Step 5: Start up Colosseum and check your party. You should have a genuine Ageto Celebi!
Step 6 (optional): Transfer Celebi to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen as you would any other Pokémon. You can also Pal Park it to the DS games after doing so.

Enjoy!

=================

After receiving your first Celebi in your Colosseum file, revisiting the Shrine in the bonus disc will reveal that you have the option to send up to 48(!) Celebi to copies of Ruby/Sapphire (one per game cart). However, this will require additional hacking to work, which can be stacked with the above in order to have a hack that works in both cases. Please note that this is UNCONFIRMED, and may damage your GBA save file! If you would prefer a safe alternative, just delete your Colosseum save that you used in the previous step and replace it with one of the ones I provided. It will forget that you had your first Celebi, and you can do that as much as you need.

Step 1: Open the ISO in a hex editor again.
Step 2: Go to the following address in hex: 2A1294A0.

Here, you'll see that there are two four-letter game IDs. By default, these are "AXPJ" (Japanese Sapphire) and "AXVJ" (Japanese Ruby). These two games are the only games that Celebi can be sent to normally. In theory, you could replace these IDs with the IDs of any Pokemon GBA games -- however, it's probably not going to work with anything but other regions of Sapphire/Ruby. That being said, replace both four-letter IDs with the following, depending on the region of the GBA game(s) you want to transfer to:

English/USA: AXPEAXVE
PAL: AXPPAXVP

Step 3: After making that replacement, save and run the hacked ISO.

Step 4: Go to the Shrine button and answer the first choice to Eagun's question. A GBA connection prompt will come up. Connect a GBA with the GBA-GCN link cable to controller slot 2, and power the game on. Make sure you've saved inside the Pokémon Center on the GBA game, and that you have at least one free party slot.

Step 5: The Celebi should be transferred, and you will be prompted (in Japanese) to turn off the GBA's power. Check your party in-game, you should have an Ageto Celebi!

Please note that the above part about the 48 Celebi hack is UNCONFIRMED, but there's no reason in theory why it wouldn't work out. I'm not responsible if your game gets screwed up.

Edit 1: Confirmed that it can be traded to Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen, too.

Edit 2: Added (UNTESTED but theoretically working) instructions for hacking the 48 Celebi transfers into working.

Edit 3: Safe alternative to the 48 Celebi transfers until it can be confirmed.

Edit 4: Save files updated to work a little better. Don't ask.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty awesome! Thanks for the hard work!
smile.gif

daltonlaffs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to include UNCONFIRMED instructions for enabling GBA transfer for the 48 Celebi thing. Can someone test it and see if it works for me?

shamu64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you help me i have every thing but i need help o replacing the offsets i dont have a clue what im doing

nathan42

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good job !
But can you help me with the hex editor, because I don't understand how it work, or can you upload a backup of your hack bonus disc please?

D

Deleted-236924

If I sent one of you a GBA save file of Ruby or Sapphire, would you transfer an Ageto Celebi to it?
PM me if you wouldn't mind doing it, and thanks in advance.

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to rain on the parade or troll or anything, but I just find it funny how this is getting released around the same time that Celebi is being distributed at GameStop and the distribution ROM for it was leaked as well.

Still, pretty cool!

(In short: Daltonlaffs, I'm really happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but GameStop had one of the BEST CELEBI RELEASES OF ALL TIME!)

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wolvenreign said:
Not to rain on the parade or troll or anything, but I just find it funny how this is getting released around the same time that Celebi is being distributed at GameStop and the distribution ROM for it was leaked as well.

Still, pretty cool!

(In short: Daltonlaffs, I'm really happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but GameStop had one of the BEST CELEBI RELEASES OF ALL TIME!)

This topic is 4 months old bro

D

Deleted-236924

Wolvenreign said:

The distribution rom for the Celebi distribution at Gamestop was not leaked yet.
Besides, the Ageto Celebi is a different event.

NickBaker

Trophies
XP
Sorry for reviving a dead topic but does anyone have any information on how to edit the hex values? I have no idea what I'm doing really.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for reviving a dead topic but does anyone have any information on how to edit the hex values? I have no idea what I'm doing really.
Is there someone, how can prove, that this Hexedit works?
If I sent one of you a GBA save file of Ruby or Sapphire, would you transfer an Ageto Celebi to it?
PM me if you wouldn't mind doing it, and thanks in advance.
Can anybody turn this into an Action Replay code, so we don't have to hex edit the ISO?
QUOTE said:
This doesn`t work. The Hex Offsets doesn`t exist. Can somebody make photos or a video, how to do this?

Yeah that would be usefull
smile.gif
This doesn`t work. The Hex Offsets doesn`t exist. Can somebody make photos or a video, how to do this?
Good job !
But can you help me with the hex editor, because I don't understand how it work, or can you upload a backup of your hack bonus disc please?

In HxD click on Search in the toolbar, then select Goto... Ctrl+G
This is what you are looking for. Everyone let me know if you
find it alright or need more help.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hate to necro-bump, but just wanna add that the "UNCONFIRMED" instructions DO NOT WORK for several reasons.

1) The US GBA games do not have Japanese characters in them. The names would be corrupted, and probably result in the Pokemon being marked as a Bad EGG if it even worked to that point.
2) Somewhere else in the Bonus Disc, more than just the GameIDs are hardcoded. The full game name is hardcoded as well. It is not known if changing those will fix this part of the issue.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You can trade existing Japanese named Pokemon to a US GBA or DS game.

However US games won't allow:
nickname newly caught Pokemon in Japanese
use the name rater to rename Pokemon to Japanese
connect with Japanese version Gamecube/Wii games
link Japanese games for certain bonus features like Pal Park

Meaning if you want Japanese Pokemon on the US Gamecube/Wii games, they must first be traded onto a compatible game. Then transferred.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You can trade existing Japanese named Pokemon to a US GBA or DS game.

However US games won't allow:
nickname newly caught Pokemon in Japanese
use the name rater to rename Pokemon to Japanese
connect with Japanese version Gamecube/Wii games
link Japanese games for certain bonus features like Pal Park

Meaning if you want Japanese Pokemon on the US Gamecube/Wii games, they must first be traded onto a compatible game. Then transferred.
At first I thought I knew what you were saying, then I realized you haven't tested this at all.
If you transfer the Celebi to a save that was converted from US, then you switch the save back over, it works fine.
Also, the US GBA games don't let you trade with Japanese GBA games.

Anyone got an edited version of the Colosseum Bonus Disc working on DML/DM?

It freezes to black when I select to send Celebi. I don't know if I broke something when editing.
That scares me. I was planning to do exactly that...
Which version of DM(L) do you have? I know XD was broken until 2.0.4 or something like that.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone got an edited version of the Colosseum Bonus Disc working on DML/DM?

It freezes to black when I select to send Celebi. I don't know if I broke something when editing.
That scares me. I was planning to do exactly that...
Which version of DM(L) do you have? I know XD was broken until 2.0.4 or something like that.

1.5, Lite. :/
Latest DM, no idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb