Final Fantasy XVI is reportedly in the "final stages of development"

FRfxiFLVIAA7efq.jpg

Final Fantasy XVI producer Naoki Yoshida has announced that the game has entered the "final stages of development," according to Twitch streamer and translator Aikai Kimochi. In an article written for Uniqlo magazine, translated by Kimochi, Yoshida says that the game is nearly finished, and speaks about how this project was different than the MMOs he has worked on for the majority of his career. "We aim to deliver a comprehensive game full of story and gameplay," says Yoshida. "Unlike an online game that involves many players at the same time, FF16 offers a different experience where it focuses on the individual player and immerses you in the story. I think it's a very fleshed out story." His full comments can be read below:

We're in the final stages of development for the new numbered game in the series, Final Fantasy 16. We aim to deliver a comprehensive game full of story and gameplay. Unlike an online game that involves many players at the same time, FF16 offers a different experience where it focuses on the individual player and immerses you in the story. I think it's a very fleshed out story. For those who have grown up and realized that reality isn't kind to you and have drifted away from Final Fantasy, we hope that FF16 will be a game that can bring back anew the passion that you once had with the series.

There is no release information available for FFXVI, but we can expect a big reveal sometime in Spring 2022.

MrGribble77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So excited for this game! It looks like everything i want from another Final Fantasy!!!! they nailed it again and maaan im so happy. Good job Square keep doing what you're doing! Us fans absolutely love this modern era of final fantasy as it feels like a big love letter to us original fans, especially to us 1990s, golden age era of Final Fantasy fans! AND MAN I LOVE CLIVE'S CHARACTER DESIGN! as well as 99 percent of fans I've talked to!!!

Last edited by MrGribble77,

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
how this project was different than the MMOs he has worked on for the majority of his career
And an MMO? That's supposedly focused on singleplayer?
Why not just remove the goddamn always-online DRM and make it an offline singleplayer game, then, eh? With optional multiplayer elements? That way it's more accessible by singleplayer fans who have inconsistent or poor Internet connections, and it won't be a worthless purchase the day the servers are taken offline (which is inevitable).

Morons.

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer and yoyoyo69

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another mmo? I think I'll pass.
And an MMO? That's supposedly focused on singleplayer?
Why not just remove the goddamn always-online DRM and make it an offline singleplayer game, then, eh? With optional multiplayer elements? That way it's more accessible by singleplayer fans who have inconsistent or poor Internet connections, and it won't be a worthless purchase the day the servers are taken offline (which is inevitable).

Morons.
It's not an MMO. The producer is Yoshi-P who has worked primarily on MMOs such as DQX and FFXIV before this.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's not an MMO. The producer is Yoshi-P who has worked primarily on MMOs such as DQX and FFXIV before this.

"Unlike MMOs"

"Oh guys, an MMO, pass"

These are the people whom actual story would be a waste. They probably thought Sephiroth was just a misunderstood hero, fighting for his mother.

Anyway, I think the next major piece of news will be a release date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkQ0f5zDhaQ +1