Final Fantasy VII Remake sells 3.5 million in 3 days

FINAL_FANTASY_VII_REMAKE_LOGO.jpg

Following glowing reviews from critics across the globe, Square Enix Ltd., today announced that FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE shipments and digital sales exceeded over 3.5 million worldwide in 3 days following its April 10 release. The game has achieved exceptional digital sales which are continuing to increase.

Completely rebuilt using the best of modern gaming technology, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is a reimagining of the iconic original game that re-defined the RPG genre. Along with unforgettable characters and a story revered as one of the most powerful within video games, the game also features a hybrid battle system that merges real-time action with strategic, command-based combat. The first game in the project is set in the eclectic and sprawling city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience that goes deeper into the iconic characters and world than ever before.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE draws players into a world where the Shinra Electric Power Company, a shadowy corporation, controls the planet’s very life force. Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra’s elite SOLDIER unit now turned mercenary, lends his aid to an underground resistance group calling themselves Avalanche as they fight against Shinra’s oppressive force.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: FFVIIR Official Site

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
do you actually finish any games or don't hav time due to messing about with yr pc configurations :lol: all the triple AAA games I've pld on the pro not once hav I thought this needs to run better - it's just you pc obsessed powerheads hav been brainwashed thinking thers a huge difference :lol:
I set my PC configuration once and forgot about it. The updates are about as regular as modern consoles. I've probably finished more games than you'll ever play. And the difference in performance/graphics quality is obvious to anybody with a functioning set of eyeballs. :ha:

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you actually finish any games or don't hav time due to messing about with yr pc configurations :lol: all the triple AAA games I've pld on the pro not once hav I thought this needs to run better - it's just you pc obsessed powerheads hav been brainwashed thinking thers a huge difference :lol:
there is a huge difference numbskull. 60fps is far more smooth than 30fps. 30 fps is literally a relic of the past but most consoles cling to it because they have to get that sweet sweet 4k (when running 4k60 is already a pretty daunting task even in 2020)
performance is way better than image quality. no point in having pretty 4k textures when your game gives you motion sickness due to the low framerates. You're not satisfied with the current performance of the consoles, because if you were than you wouldn't need to scream "i hope you lose interest in games by then" to a guy hoping for a PC port.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, considered that ACNH made history with 5m digital units, 3.5 is good enough for SQEX.
So a ho hum sequel to a franchise people mostly ignore outside the few months after another entry is released vs a much anticipated (I was there for that PS3 what if all those years ago) remake of what some hold to be one of the best games ever and contrive various means to play to this day.
I don't imagine SE are crying into their cereal or wondering where their next gin and tonic is coming from but at the same time there might be a few cancelled boat purchases.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The codename of the project is TriNew and the codename of the game itself is End. the Tri in TriNew seems to denote there will be 3 releases, and this would be the first release

Rumor has it that it was planned to be 2 parts, until later they decided to go way more detail and end up with 3. If that's true, thank god they use Unreal this time instead of their own engine otherwise we are looking at another 15 year waiting.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So a ho hum sequel to a franchise people mostly ignore outside the few months after another entry is released vs a much anticipated (I was there for that PS3 what if all those years ago) remake of what some hold to be one of the best games ever and contrive various means to play to this day.
I don't imagine SE are crying into their cereal or wondering where their next gin and tonic is coming from but at the same time there might be a few cancelled boat purchases.

Don't get me wrong, I love FF7R and finished it already. But ACNH is undoubtedly a bigger hit ATM thanks to Switch's popularity (and it's not R-rated). Even my wife who doesn't give a fly F- to games in her life bought a Switch just for it, and so does many of her friends and co-workers. Many people that I know who played the OG FF7 and loved FF series in general don't even know FF7R and might not even care anymore or moved-on now and SQEX wasn't the same SQ we knew these days. I'm just happy that the number is good enough for SQEX to continue with the Remake series. Otherwise they might just cancel the whole damn thing and transfer the budget to those P2W mobile crap.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't really clock that Animal Crossing was that big a fad this time around.

Mind you it would be hilarious if SE did cancel it in favour of an all the bravest sequel.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I set my PC configuration once and forgot about it. The updates are about as regular as modern consoles. I've probably finished more games than you'll ever play. And the difference in performance/graphics quality is obvious to anybody with a functioning set of eyeballs. :ha:

Well anyway have fun waiting another year for your "superior" version while the rest of us have long moved on by then... :ha:

Also good luck avoiding spoilers.

Last edited by vree,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well anyway have fun waiting another year for your "superior" version while the rest of us have long moved on by then... :ha:

I own a PS4 and the game lol, just waiting to trade in toward the PC version. Besides, what's to spoil? I've beat FF7 like three times.

Last edited by Xzi,

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I own a PS4 and the game lol, just waiting to trade in toward the PC version. Besides, what's to spoil? I beat FF7 like three times.

I guess you never played te original and crisis core then. Because things changed...

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i still don't get this sort of mentality- if a game is amazing then you should be playing it all the time, even when it's out of date.
I play botw frequently even though it was made 2-3 years ago, and many people still play super mario 64 even though it's been around for 20 years.
are you the type of guy who just picks up a game, beats it, and then says "ok, now to wait for the next game" because if so that must be a pretty boring gaming life.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i still don't get this sort of mentality- if a game is amazing then you should be playing it all the time, even when it's out of date.
I play botw frequently even though it was made 2-3 years ago, and many people still play super mario 64 even though it's been around for 20 years.
are you the type of guy who just picks up a game, beats it, and then says "ok, now to wait for the next game" because if so that must be a pretty boring gaming life.

This game is great as it is now. Just saying you will wait an extra year to play something just to get it on PC while you have perfect working ps4 just doesn't make sense. Or even if you get it on PS4 saying it runs subpar just because you have a big gaming pc yeah no. This post was more against the PC master race bs...

To answer your reply, I don't have to wait for the next game. Do you have any idea how many games are comming out these years. It's insane. So no there is not much time left to replay games. Unless you do nothing else then game.

And if I do replay games it are likely more older games than one year. More like 10-20 years older games out of nostalgia. So do I replay a lot of games? No don't have the time for it. Would I love to replay more older games? Sure. I boot up a lot of old games. Switch/PS4/PS3/PS2/XBOX360/WII/Gamecube/SNES/MEGADRIVE all hooked up to my tv. But having the time to actually complete them again and again. Nope.

PS: breath of the wild is the worst zelda game in my opinion. Did all the shrines and DLC never touching that again. Give me the older zelda's any day over that one.

TL : DR

Some people prefer to have many different experiences than just one over and over again. And not everyone has as much time as someone else.

Last edited by vree, , Reason: spelling
Reactions: 64bitmodels

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps this will push Square to release it on PC, pretty please?
It was definitely already going to happen.
I have played the demo for PS4, am waiting for PC release so that I can enjoy the game in 60fps.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lmao, a bunch of 30fps losers who spent a lot of money on the PS4 version, trying to make a PC person feel wrong for waiting for the decent version of this game.

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was definitely already going to happen.
I have played the demo for PS4, am waiting for PC release so that I can enjoy the game in 60fps.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lmao, a bunch of 30fps losers who spent a lot of money on the PS4 version, trying to make a PC person feel wrong for waiting for the decent version of this game.
If it's going on PC it better go on switch- they'd probably make way more money off a switch port than the normal PS4 one
Im not saying it's going to reach PC sales numbers tho, when it comes to multiplats pc versions are the ones that sell the most
Its sad how 30fps is the standard for console gaming
30fps back in like, say 1992 was only a thing that appeared in recordings of games, where the actual games ran at 60fps
now 30fps is the industry standard.

Last edited by 64bitmodels,

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's going on PC it better go on switch- they'd probably make way more money off a switch port than the normal PS4 one
Im not saying it's going to reach PC sales numbers tho, when it comes to multiplats pc versions are the ones that sell the most
Its sad how 30fps is the standard for console gaming
30fps back in like, say 1992 was only a thing that appeared in recordings of games, where the actual games ran at 60fps
now 30fps is the industry standard.
Nintendo Switch is around Xbox 360 level graphics, with a boost.

A Switch version will be botched. I hope that it does not happen because that will mean much lower standards across the board for this whole triology just to make sure the concepts can run on Switch.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Just saying you will wait an extra year to play something just to get it on PC while you have perfect working ps4 just doesn't make sense.
The primary argument I would use against this is the longevity of the platform. Eventually my PS4 is going away, and I probably won't buy another PS4 game again. To be frank the console in general was not a good investment and I doubt I will jump on the PS5 for this reason. If I were to purchase FF7 for my PC, that is a platform I'm not going to stop using, probably for the rest of my life. There's an argument for convenience, practicality, usability and customization. The PC as a platform offers so much more than PS4. Finally, with this being a single player game not dependent on any online community, anybody waiting for this game to appear on PC has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Reactions: Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anybody waiting for this game to appear on PC has nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Especially since it will come out within 1.5 years (I hope, unless Sony secured a really long timed exclusivity). It will not be especially outdated when it comes out on PC.

I would prefer a release on PC within 1 year of the PS4 release but that is definitely against the terms that Sony and Square Enix would have agreed to.

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Switch is around Xbox 360 level graphics, with a boost.

A Switch version will be botched. I hope that it does not happen because that will mean much lower standards across the board for this whole trilogy just to make sure the concepts can run on Switch.
Xbox 360 graphics with a boost is basically PS3. :mellow:
Also, what are you talking about?? Square doesn't necessarily need to lower down the standards for the whole trilogy- they can always design with the PS4 in mind and then after the game releases, demake it for switch.
Besides, witcher 3 and doom already proved that if you put in the effort, big game releases CAN run on switch. plus, compared to anything that came a few years before or even in last gen, *cough cough* Resident Evil 2 remake *cough cough* Sonic Unleashed *cough cough* FF7 remake doesn't look all that intensive graphically. if Twials of Mana Wemake can run on switch, im pretty sure ff7 remake can be demade to run on it too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol