Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Legado

Just Ice
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Sky, since you have a bit more free time, would it be possible to patch the demo version with only the menu translated?

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Regarding the demo, I suggested doing it a long time ago, but the idea was disregarded in favor of the final game. It could be 99% done with what we have translated so far, however, the remaining 1% is text that was altered for the final release, and that would have to be re translated. We can consider doing it after releasing the full patch, even though it doesn't really make much sense releasing a demo AFTER the game, lol; it makes less sense postponing the game, to release a demo of it. The other pain is the demo having some videos with text, that aren't present in the final game, they are just some lines, but for the time being, we have enough with videos present in the full game.

As for Yakuza 5, as long as the rest of the team agrees on a title, I'm in. It's true that I'd like to do a PS3 one, but I'd like to stick with the current team even more xD

~Sky

Reactions: Zyphr

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
If you still want to release the demo, you can release it with the 99% and leave the rest (including the videos with text) untranslated, or even blank it out/replace with random messages if it's glitchy text. No need to polish it more than what the publishers themselves would have done.

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished the demo, back when it first came out, anyways. A demo is meant to be a playable teaser of an unreleased game, but if translating the demo makes it take longer to get the full game, why bother? Everything important that we experience in the demo is going to be in the full game, the difference is we'll get to play ALL OF IT. Doesn't make sense. If it's about the content unlocked for beating the demo, it definitely doesn't need translating, as every English speaker who wanted this game at it's release has most likely already beat it, same as I have, with no knowledge of the Japanese language. And even so, the last I heard, the team isn't even sure if the demo's save will work properly with the patched version of the full game. Although, asking the team to translate the demo IS a clever compromise from asking them to release a beta.

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yakuza 5? I thought you got more responses from Tales of Vesperia PS3 and Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity PSP??? And even though my vote is for Vesperia, Phantasy Star was the most popular amongst people here..... It's not a PS3 game.... but.....

Reactions: nalcwap
D

Deleted User

hmm Lord of Apocalypse was one of the options as well i think. They should make a poll after releasing type-0 and see =D

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when we started discussing the next translation, Sky said he was going to put a poll up. I don't see why that would have changed. Regardless, we still have 4 months max before we see this translation, so I'm sure that instead of thinking about the next translation they're focusing on getting this patch to us. ^_^

I've never been much of a Yakuza or Phantasy Star fan, so out of the recent choices, ToV would be my vote, although I've only ever liked one game of the series enough to finish it, and that was Tales of Legendia.

Reactions: LoyalZero1

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I was also thinking.... nobody's ever touched Kingdom Hearts Final Mix or the bloody japanese versions of the 3 Xenosaga games. PS2 games, I know but I'd love to see those in english. Especially since there's already english voices in at least KH FM.

jakrodriguez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I was also thinking.... nobody's ever touched Kingdom Hearts Final Mix or the bloody japanese versions of the 3 Xenosaga games. PS2 games, I know but I'd love to see those in english. Especially since there's already english voices in at least KH FM.
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix had Kingdom Hearts Final Mix in English.

Reactions: Zyphr

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus why do what's already been done on at least some sort of hardware? I'm sure that Sky's team would want to translate something that is completely inaccessible to the west otherwise, like they're doing with Type-0.

Reactions: T-hug

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't for the life of me figure out why people want other people to waste time on games that have already been released in English in some form or another, like Tales of Vesperia or god forbid Kingdom Hearts (again?). Yakuza 5 is a fan favorite series that SEGA has once again given their Western audience a huge kick in the nuts with, releasing Yakuza 4, one of the best games on PS3, then the abominable Yakuza Dead Souls, and then refusing to release Y5 because Dead Souls got such a poor reception. Furthermore, the Yakuza games (after the first ones) have never been voiced in English and instead just had all the text in the game translated. The audience knows what they want.

ToV has already been released in English once, and it's a waste of a talented translation resource like this current team to have them do it again just so some people can get their loli pirate fix.

PSP2i is a game for a dead system that doesn't even need a translation to be enjoyed.

Reactions: Blebleman

Huehue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are games with excellent changes on their re-release.

Compare FF12 with FF12 IZJS or P2IS with the PSP version.

Disgaea series and almost any Nippon Ichi game are good examples too, the original versions of almost any game before Disgaea 2 are terrible in comparisson with the re-releases.

Reactions: LoyalZero1

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are games with excellent changes on their re-release.

Compare FF12 with FF12 IZJS or PS2IS with the PSP version.

Disgaea series and almost any Nippon Ichi game are good examples too, the original versions of almost any game before Disgaea 2 are terrible in comparisson with the re-releases.
Okay, that's it, my hat has been officially thrown in for FF12: IZJS. Period.

Don't know why I've never looked it up, but that's how the game should have been in the first place. It needs to see western shores.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Well then, if you want Japan-exclusive PSP RPG'y stuff that's not being worked on by someone else, or released in any form in English...

* Suikoden (final game in the series, I hear it's bad though)
* Tengai Makyou IV (Earthbound-like game) ; text in Shift-JIS, half-width font already programmed, but couldn't find the font -in fact I'd like to find it
* Nayuta no Kiseki (Ys 7/Zwei-like, by Falcom, NOT text heavy like the Trails series, which it shares only the name with); text in Shift-JIS, half-width font already programmed, font found and full (it's the same as Ys 7) - seems like the fantranslators working on Zwei 1 (psp/pc) and 2 (pc) sold their work to a publisher, so no use doing those two atm
* Brandish (Action-RPG, Falcom, was already released on SNES but this is almost completely different), same as above
* Ore no Shikabane wo Koete no Yuke (aka Over My Dead Body, a first-party Sony RPG)
* Summon Night 1/2/3/4/5 (tactical-RPGs, similar to Disgea)
* Senritsu no Stratos? (Konami, platformer/A-RPG hybrid)
* Last Ranker (has someone ready to translate the text, who did already all the main scenes)
* Frontier Gate Boost+ (Tri-Ace, monster hunter style game with turn-based battles..)
* God Eater 2
* Time Travelers (?)
* 7th Dragon 2020
* Zill O'll Infinite Plus
* Venus and Braves
* Rezel Cross
* Shining games? (they are shitty indeed)

The Tales games are being worked on (notably Rebirth, and Phantasia X) except for the Destiny remake, which is anyways available in English on the PS1, and Destiny 2.
Princess Crown's original Saturn version is getting translated
SRW, Sakura Taisen and Trails in the Sky 3 are pretty much a lost cause
..hack//Link and the Idolmasters are being translated each.
Danball Senki games have menu patches, same for a Digimon game based on the anime that was never finished
Conception 1 and Akiba's Trip 1 : their sequels are being localized

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.