Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
IMO the best PRO T0 has over CC, is the great amount of playable characters: while in CC you always stick with Zack, until getting bored, in T0 you have a wider range of characters. This is something I always found great in classic FF game. Nowadays most FF games only have about 6 characters or so... while in older installments such as FF6, there were tons of them.

There are some other cool stuff like bigger maps and the world map that CC lacks.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this thread is really booming now, everytime I check it, there's at least one new page. And glad to see that you solved the quality loss problem for the videos (at least I think you did because it's already 25 % finished xD)
So, about the beta-testing, I wanted to ask you something, out of pure curiosity xD Now that you guys understand the game, do you think it's better than Crisis Core? I love Crisis Core, and I have spent countless hours playing it, but to me,
Type-0 looks like it could even top Crisis Core. Just wanted to know your opinion about it :)

And btw: Lightning Returns is awesome!! :D Everyone waiting for the patch should get it, that way the waiting won't be too hard :)

Glad to hear someone like it, most critics seem to think its the worse out of the whole series.

sanger_zonvolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
about character variety. not too much i think. ffvi yes and ffvii maybe you can add ffix just maybe. ffii and ffiv story based character variety but actually four main characters. old ff games about always 4 warriors nothing more.

LEDAHGRIM

RPG Dreamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just curious about crimson nocturnal, Anyway I study programming at my university and I
did some really minimal translations for some games (made in RPG maker lol), But I also used to
program in ruby for scripts.

At one time I was a paid scripter, But deadlines are nerve wracking no matter which situation it is, I
did put up with lots of demands back in the day but got literally bored of how ungrateful some people
are out there.

Case in point, I changed emails, closed my old FB account and abandoned those forums... Only after
I finally got some peace back lol...

About Type 0 and Crisis Core, I have played both and I agree that playing with only one character
from beginning to end can get quite boring at times. That's why I got bored of CC and others like
Phantasy Star, While you have a party in PS you only control your character sooo...

At any rate, I miss the old days where RPG's were more memorable than they are now (8 bit era FTW).

Huehue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
300 HOURS?!

T-H-R-E-E...... H-U-N-D-R-E-D........... H-O-U-R-S?!?!?!!

There are games who last all this time (any Disgaea post game) and there are games who gives that possibility to players who liked the game.

If i sum all my save files from FF12US/INT versions it would end up with +600 hours.

And FFT (my favorite game) oh god it would be impossible to type the numbers.

Reactions: nalcwap

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are games who last all this time (any Disgaea post game) and there are games who gives that possibility to players who liked the game.

If i sum all my save files from FF12US/INT versions it would end up with +600 hours.

And FFT (my favorite game) oh god it would be impossible to type the numbers.

:lol: All I can say is: :O

Dude... I have both Disgaea and FF12 INT and I didn't know they were that long. And the kicker is, if I wasn't anticipating Type-0's english patch coming soon, one of those very same games would've been the one I started to play! Now Tactics? Yeah i've beaten the PS1 version a few times. And i'm very close to beating War of the Lions. But probably in 50 or so hours. And that's with me getting everything done in the game EXCEPT completing the deep dungeon.

Huehue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
:lol: All I can say is: :O

Dude... I have both Disgaea and FF12 INT and I didn't know they were that long. And the kicker is, if I wasn't anticipating Type-0's english patch coming soon, one of those very same games would've been the one I started to play! Now Tactics? Yeah i've beaten the PS1 version a few times. And i'm very close to beating War of the Lions. But probably in 50 or so hours. And that's with me getting everything done in the game EXCEPT completing the deep dungeon.

100% on FFT is kinda fast (80-90 hours) but i did a _LOT_ of times using different characters because i had few games on that time.

The PSP one now has content enough to last lot (like perfecting a character using Master Onion/Bacon).

But Disgaea, man im playing the 2 DHD version for PSP and after 230 hours im still didn't finish to max the stats of ONE CHARACTER.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
And btw: Lightning Returns is awesome!! :D Everyone waiting for the patch should get it, that way the waiting won't be too hard :)

I was interested in it before I heard how much of a mess the story and the ending was. God, that ending is so stupid. But that's just me, I guess. Great to hear that you're having fun with the game! :)

So, the whole game is translated when the patch is released? Weren't you talking about releasing a story patch first and releasing the patch for translation of the side-quests and stuff later?

Reactions: Plastica and Zyphr

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that was all just fans getting their hopes up, and was never really a statement released by the team. As one of team member's said on the blog, "Haha, I don't think we've ever said that. We said that we're doing this 100% or no go."

wownmnpare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since all ive got to do is wait for the release......im gonna review all my notes, since im a graduating student in college of marine transportation :)

Limecqt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
blah, was hoping to have learnt the language and played the game way before the patch was released, but i lost in that regard XD didnt realise how daunting a task learning a second language was. ahhh well this game is still the biggest on my list this year maybe ill have a chance at playing vesperia in jap when i import it XD as my next goal

Kyonne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cinque... is really fun to main

(im kidding)
He does seem fun though, however i didn't check everyone very well since i don't want to spoil the fun for when the translation releases, but for now i'm going well with Queen, Rem and Seven as the main party with King, Sice and Carter taking priority as reserves

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
13-3 is among the worst games I've ever played, and that's coming from someone who would put 10-2 in their top 3 FF games. If you like it that's great, but there's a reason it's being critically panned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!