Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You know, I think Ace has a point. Also, no one really likes Gilgamesh, so all of the constant ''GILGAMESH :D'' posts make for boring reading to anyone who reads this thread.

Also, why not just go to Japan, give the translation to a random dude, and pay him some yen to translate it? It shouldn't cost too much due to how much dollars/euros/pounds are worth in Japan.

I do like all the Gilgamesh stuff NSRSM keeps talking about, a good laugh's never bad.
If we had to pay, it wouldn't be a free patch anymore.

HHTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
In previous FFs, Gilgamesh was almost like a clown. You know, being the butt of jokes and all, e.g. Excalipoor.

In Type-0, Square pulled a lot of things from the Epic of Gilgamesh to create the Genbu. It's definitely interesting and they made Gilgamesh Ashur into a Grade A badass.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GILGAMESH in Type 0 turns him into something much more dynamic. I have written something quite long regarding him that elaborates on why he is what he is and why he acts the way he does. It's a sad story indeed. And making him the butt of jokes for comedic effect makes it even sadder when you fully understand the gravity of his unique situation.

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
GILGAMESH in Type 0 turns him into something much more dynamic. I have written something quite long regarding him that elaborates on why he is what he is and why he acts the way he does. It's a sad story indeed. And making him the butt of jokes for comedic effect makes it even sadder when you fully understand the gravity of his unique situation.

Is the Gilgamesh in Type-0 in a situation like DFF 012? The all trapped in the rift thing.
I've gotten to the 2nd world and seen him in FFV, but I haven't finished yet.

HHTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It's happening...thanks god, and everyone on the team.

It's happening alright
2654843-nm3.jpg

Reactions: toroal

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the Gilgamesh in Type-0 in a situation like DFF 012? The all trapped in the rift thing.
I've gotten to the 2nd world and seen him in FFV, but I haven't finished yet.
Let's put it this way. This game seems to imply that Orience is his place of origin as far as I can tell. Therefore his situation is much much worse.

Reactions: Kalker3

CaptainGenesis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jeez, what's up with translations AND forum drama?

I can't imagine a translation without forum drama, it's no fun that way.

Perhaps you should go and give this a try yourself. Might be worth the adventure.

I think I will actually. A trip to Japan? Sign me up! The money part though... I don't suppose you could lend me anything?

I do like all the Gilgamesh stuff NSRSM keeps talking about, a good laugh's never bad.
If we had to pay, it wouldn't be a free patch anymore.

But if Time=Money, then surely this is a fairly expensive patch by now? A plane ticket and some yen would be nothing compared to the rising costs of this patch.

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
SkyBladeCloud hello sky, I am the one who contacted the Monster Hunter portable 3rd translation team TeamMaverickOne, because they offered Japanese to English translation on their blog, so that I commented their post. And they replied that they are willing to help with your translation project..they need your tools and after they finish their project, they will help you translating the stuff..do you agree Sky?

By the way, the TeamMaverickOne said that you have to contact them..so that they will merge their teams and help to this translation project..

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
wow TeamMaverickOne, thats really a big name, cause they did alot of monster hunter stuff and I tried their translations. It's really nice.

yes they are willing to help in this project..so that i'm waiting Sky to reply on my post..

Right now, they are working on the patch version 6.0..adding new translated descriptions, and small bug fixes

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just a bit offtopic here, how far did tmo progress with the MH3rd story? as I played with the eng patch (if I play now I use vuzes german patch ^^) it wasn't progressed that far. They did the menues and quest (and download quests) etc, but did they actually progress with story translation?

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
just a bit offtopic here, how far did tmo progress with the MH3rd story? as I played with the eng patch (if I play now I use vuzes german patch ^^) it wasn't progressed that far. I did the menues and quest (and download quests) etc, but did they actually progress with story translation?

yes, they are still working on the translation as for now..the only thing i know that they have not fully translated right now is the descriptions of items..

TMO has about to finish their project..they also need help of other translators..

MrShyCity

Member Class Zero - No.00 SHY
Trophies
Website
shypsp.blogspot.com
XP
Country
just a bit offtopic here, how far did tmo progress with the MH3rd story? as I played with the eng patch (if I play now I use vuzes german patch ^^) it wasn't progressed that far. They did the menues and quest (and download quests) etc, but did they actually progress with story translation?

IIRC the game doesn't have story at all
the game is base on hunting monster(s) only

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...