BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 has been on my shelf for a while now, since the summer I graduated high school in 2008. I have tried playing it many a time, but thanks to the arbitrary law system in this game, I really don't like how the gameplay screws you over sometimes.

Fast forward to now, when I have a competent DS flash cart, the DSTWO with cheats for almost every game, I found cheats to nullify the laws. After some deliberation, I think I am going to try the game again.

So enabling the anti law codes does some interesting things, none of which are helpful...

1. No cheats enabled, game play continues as normal, breaking a law penalizes me.
2. cheat one, on, game freezes first move after being enabled. Sprites and overlay disappear, leaving the grid and music, but no game progression.
3. Cheat 2 on, cheat 1 off, freezes first move after being enabled, garbling sounds
4. Both anti law cheats on, freezes like in 3.

Now whats strange is that both codes work like the should on DraStic for Android but i cant figure out how to get it working for the DS.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google for more cheats, try other region cheats. Different flahcart?
Download from a different rom source, download a different region rom (E or U).

What else ca anyone do?

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
not posting those "cheats" is making it harder to analyze what the fuck you are talking about, it might be unfinished cheat, it might be both part of a cheat that is unfinished... it's like giving you a car to fix without allowing you taking up the hood telling you it "fails to start", it can be the starter, it can be the alternator, or immobolizer

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you are right... I think I figured out what is wrong with the first one. It is a "FORBIDDEN LAW" cheat. When the judge shows up and announces the law, the cheat takes over and says "NOT USED" My problem was that I was starting the battle and solid state saving right before I wanted to make the move that would break the law and experiment from there. So If you start the engagement with the forbidden law cheat off and turn it on later, it must mess up because the law has already been announced.

Tl;dr, it works if you have the cheat on at the beginning of battle.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill