ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So basically, they postponed the PAL version, which is literally the NA version with 0 changes, for no reason?

Sounds legit.

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's more that goes into release dates than when the game is "finished". They have to submit it to ratings boards (of which I think Europe has more than one; doesn't Germany have its own?), which can take a while, and they also sometimes prefer to time their releases so that two hot games don't have to compete with each other for attention. Had they released Fates in Europe when we got it here, it would have been competing with Bravely Second, which came out around the same time there. Likewise, we didn't get Bravely Second until last month. Manufacturing of special editions (something both games had) is another consideration, though it probably doesn't have as much bearing on release dates as ratings and strategic timing do.

My guess is that getting Fates rated in Europe (keep in mind that Fates is multiple "games", each of which possibly needed to undergo a separate rating process) was a bottleneck of some sort, and that the release schedule was adjusted around it.

They probably would have released Fates in Europe in February and pushed Bravely Second to April if they could have, since it was a good time due to the ability to maybe get a few more sales of the Corrin DLC in Smash Bros.

Last edited by Soaprman,

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
There's more that goes into release dates than when the game is "finished". They have to submit it to ratings boards (of which I think Europe has more than one; doesn't Germany have its own?), which can take a while, and they also sometimes prefer to time their releases so that two hot games don't have to compete with each other for attention. Had they released Fates in Europe when we got it here, it would have been competing with Bravely Second, which came out around the same time there. Likewise, we didn't get Bravely Second until last month. Manufacturing of special editions (something both games had) is another consideration, though it probably doesn't have as much bearing on release dates as ratings and strategic timing do.

My guess is that getting Fates rated in Europe (keep in mind that Fates is multiple "games", each of which possibly needed to undergo a separate rating process) was a bottleneck of some sort, and that the release schedule was adjusted around it.

They probably would have released Fates in Europe in February and pushed Bravely Second to April if they could have, since it was a good time due to the ability to maybe get a few more sales of the Corrin DLC in Smash Bros.
thanks for this.

hollablack2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone with EUR version test if my castle works?

SyJMAkH.png

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The editor does not work with the EUR release. Well, it work, but...
I just edited gold and some items in the first page of the editor (Chapter Data, and Maximise All).
But In-Game, after the title Screen, when I want continue my game, it jut crash and return to home menu.
I noticed the edited file is bigger than the original file and the backup.

Derlohgocker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The editor does not work with the EUR release. Well, it work, but...
I just edited gold and some items in the first page of the editor (Chapter Data, and Maximise All).
But In-Game, after the title Screen, when I want continue my game, it jut crash and return to home menu.
I noticed the edited file is bigger than the original file and the backup.
Hm... that confuse me for me it works fine i can edit all stuff without problems
i can use usa saves too on the Eu version...hm

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously? Why does it take so long to release something that's already been translated to english?

So basically, they postponed the PAL version, which is literally the NA version with 0 changes, for no reason?

Sounds legit.

Because they need to translate it to French, Spanish, Italian and German.

Last edited by ultimatetemper,

ToonRudy

Trophies
XP
Country
@Asia81: Mind posting your save?

@ToonRudy: You can manually hex edit one in from another file. I plan on adding importing and exporting units in the next release, so people can share their units with each other easily.
Do you know how? I found these values
Marth: 00 FA 00 7C
Falchion: 53 01 00 40

Ike: 00 FB 00 7D
Ragnell: 54 01 00 40

Lucina: 00 FC 00 7E
Parallel Falchion: 55 01 00 40

Robin: 00 FD 00 7F
Thoron: 56 01 00 40

And I have these units.
M4b4HcV.png

Do you know the addresses? @Soaprman

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I second this. We didn't get the Spanish translation (which is the only one I could care about). It's only natural for the localization to need more time.

Also, what Soaprman said about country ratings.
Funnily enough, I don't really care about the Spanish translation even though it's my native tongue, lol

Reactions: Olmectron

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
  • wiihackZlol @ wiihackZlol:
    hey anyone here?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wii experts at your service we can Abracadaba anything made by Nintendo for your piracy needs
    +1
    Now your playing with power!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guys five unmarked black vans with red letters just pulled up at my house :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ancientboi called FBI on you. You better flush your stash.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, been lazy. Been inside playing games for last few days, too hot outside, was 97 degrees F today. It was so hot outside, I seen a dog chasing a cat, and they both were walking.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fallout4, pubg, Starfield, Forza, Still wakes the Deep, just to name a few
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's just ancientboi left me his laptop
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Who are/ were they?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some Nintendo execs wanted to give him a promotion
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    party van
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get in the van
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    5 day weekend starts now :D
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Have off tomorrow for Juneteenth, then took thursday and Friday off to make the most out of the mid-week day off lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    5 days of straight fap
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    enter the goon cave
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi likes the goonies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good week to take time off, so damn hot! You can catch up on some gaming While staying in the AC, or do like ken does, fap all week.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Good week to take time off, so damn hot! You can catch up on some gaming While staying in the...