ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

hollablack2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone here with Powersaves managed to hack ALL castle resources into your castle? NTR is missing some of them for whatever reason and I wanted to compare hex values if you could spare me a save.

Last edited by hollablack2,

UnfadingOnes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
EDIT: Forget what I said about Midori in the shop, she's normal there (probably).

View attachment 47914

Basically though, just edit the "statues" section in the hex editor. Starting after the first "00" in the box, it's Str, Mag, Skill, Spd, Lck, Def, Res. So Str here is 07. I boxed the first 00 assuming it's HP, haven't touched it at all.

Just some information for anybody trying this, I discovered a problem while fiddling with it. So basically, the statues will reset to their normal stat caps if you rank up and enter a support conversation with that character. Take my Avatar for example, I used statues to raise stat caps to 80. Then I raised his support with Azura from C to B. Nothing changes. Then I enter the support convo. Stats reset to normal caps. So basically if you want to keep this permanent, don't rank up supports with the character who's statue you're editing?Or you could just edit it again with the editor, repeatedly, after each support..

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
About the MAX convoy thingy. In awakening that worked fine because you caould have a gazillion things in the convoy.
In fates, there's a limit of 500 slots (not 500 ITEMS but 500 DIFFERENT items)

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I found a bug. When I tried to load my file with +63 gauntlet on the editor it crashes. I used the standalone convoy eeditor to unforge it and it loaded proprly then. I suspect it was that

magikarpnoms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It (and new game plus-style functionality) is still something I plan on developing further, though. I want to get it in as "good enough" a state as I can. It's not there yet, though.

It might just be more trouble than it's worth but in the previous New Game Plus, sometimes they would recruit the character a second time (another Saizo even if you have one) but a possible work around could be to just change all the duplicates to recruited characters and just dismiss them so no problems.

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh, they can make crit scenes for Lissa and Lilith who can't attack or use offensive skills, but they can't give this wolf good hair :[
kqYfybF.png

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can i get this wolf
It's a bond unit. I just turned a einherjar unit like Keaton into a Bond Unit. The bond unit won't have no hair,hair color, body build, and gender for model and portrait since there is no block for that. So it will have the generic portrait of the class it is. Note it won't have a portrait if you have it classed to classes like Nohr Noble since there is no generic portrait for it. Don't do this with a bond unit that was generated by the game or else it won't have the generic enemy portrait. ( No waifu witch too since it doesn't exist in the game, only in the DLC ;~; )

Metab

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey OP, I was wondering how you know what to do to modify saves?
I can program in C# and Java and I am interested in modifying games/making save editors and maybe making them launchable on the actual 3DS like that pokemon one is.
How do I go about modifying a save for a fresh game no one has done? any links/tips/pointers would be alot friend!

luxandark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can program in C# and Java and I am interested in modifying games/making save editors and maybe making them launchable on the actual 3DS like that pokemon one is.
How do I go about modifying a save for a fresh game no one has done? any links/tips/pointers would be alot friend!
As far as I know, it's spoon-fed hex editing.

Metab

Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I know, it's spoon-fed hex editing.
I see, so once you get a save, can you just simply search for hex values, and then make a program that just gives you an interface to update any hex values of use?
do I have to do anything with the save after I dump it from my 3DS with the corresponding tool? or can I just dump, and then hex edit?

iisilver

"The true enemy of humanity is disorder."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here with Powersaves managed to hack ALL castle resources into your castle? NTR is missing some of them for whatever reason and I wanted to compare hex values if you could spare me a save.
I can do that. Just give me a sec to plug in powersaves.

iisilver

"The true enemy of humanity is disorder."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, btw, does anyone here know how to hex edit a child character to have the modifiers of a different mom? I just injected Dwyer into my revelations (because I ran out of moms) and I want him to have either Charlotte's mods or Flora(is this even possible)'s mods

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few requests to make.

Prison Modifiers you can create your own units or edit prisoners.
Global Data Units Editor (Almost exactly like the unit editor but for your Global Data.)
Modifier/Edit Corrin F/M Boon & Bane also Talent/Class
S Rank/Marriage & A+ Rank/Best Friend Modifier

Megacheats
All Items in Convoy x255 Includes Standard Items & DLC Items & Excludes *Shadowbanned Items*
All Items in Convoy x255 Includes Standard Items & Excludes *DLC & Shadowbanned Items*
All Items in Convoy x255 Includes All Items
Clear All Items in Convoy
All Castle Items Lv.3 All Items
All Castle Items Lv.3 All Items Male Corrin & Female Kana statue (Excludes Female Corrin & Male Kana statue)
All Castle Items Lv.3 All Items Female Corrin & Male Kana statue (Excludes Male Corrin & Female Kana statue)
All Castle Items Lv.3 All Items Male Corrin & Female Kana statue Birthright Castle Items (Excludes Female Corrin & Male Kana statue)
All Castle Items Lv.3 All Items Female Corrin & Male Kana statue Birthright Castle Items (Excludes Male Corrin & Female Kana statue)
All Castle Items Lv.3 All Items Male Corrin & Female Kana statue Conquest Castle Items (Excludes Female Corrin & Male Kana statue)
All Castle Items Lv.3 All Items Female Corrin & Male Kana statue Conquest Castle Items (Excludes Male Corrin & Female Kana statue)
All Castle Items Lv.3 All Items Male Corrin & Female Kana statue Revelation Castle Items (Excludes Female Corrin & Male Kana statue)
All Castle Items Lv.3 All Items Female Corrin & Male Kana statue Revelation Castle Items (Excludes Male Corrin & Female Kana statue)
I hope it isn't too much work but if you can do it please take your time.

Last edited by TrapperKeeperX,

samsbrotherinlaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this was thrown around earlier but, is there anyway to go about changing whos married to who or if theres a way to set a unit back to not being married or do you need to roll back the whole save?

rikudawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about actual in depth support editing. But it'd be nice to have a megacheat to just erase everyone's support blocks so I could start over from scratch. I could probably just manually hex edit everyone's support block and blank them out tho I think but it'd be nice for an easy way to blank everyone's supports entirely.

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
So with the cap editing I just slowly upped it until I got to 99/99/99/99/99/99/99

Boom. I'll try it on a clean file to check if I can get banned for it.

Derlohgocker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's a bond unit. I just turned a einherjar unit like Keaton into a Bond Unit. The bond unit won't have no hair,hair color, body build, and gender for model and portrait since there is no block for that. So it will have the generic portrait of the class it is. Note it won't have a portrait if you have it classed to classes like Nohr Noble since there is no generic portrait for it. Don't do this with a bond unit that was generated by the game or else it won't have the generic enemy portrait. ( No waifu witch too since it doesn't exist in the game, only in the DLC ;~; )
how can i change a unit into a other unit
so how can i change a bond unit

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I found a bug. When I tried to load my file with +63 gauntlet on the editor it crashes. I used the standalone convoy eeditor to unforge it and it loaded proprly then. I suspect it was that

I'll look into this.

It might just be more trouble than it's worth but in the previous New Game Plus, sometimes they would recruit the character a second time (another Saizo even if you have one) but a possible work around could be to just change all the duplicates to recruited characters and just dismiss them so no problems.

Yeah, I took a bunch of notes on which characters get duplicated and which ones don't in each of the three paths. Changing them to recruited characters never crossed my mind. I might be able to do something with that. Thanks!

FEFTwiddler itself is just a fancy hex editor. The code's on GitHub if you want to see how it works.

That said, there's one piece of knowledge that I wouldn't have been able to figure out on my own, and that's how to compress and decompress saves. This is my first time doing a save editor as well, and I have no experience with compression-related code, so I wouldn't have been able to make heads or tails of a compressed save. Luckily, someone(s) had already figured out what compression the saves use and wrote code to handle the compression and decompression. So depending on the game you choose, this might be something to look out for. My understanding is that the Huffman compression is quite common and has been around for a while, so there's a chance that if you encounter a game that uses it, you can yank the compression/decompression right from FEFTwiddler and use it in your own program.

If you want to see how saves are handled, here are the main files to look at in FEFTwiddler's code:

https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/blob/master/FEFTwiddler/Model/SaveFile.cs
https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/blob/master/FEFTwiddler/Utils/Huffman8.cs

I have a few requests to make.

[a big list of requests]

I could expand on "max convoy" stuff when I get around to it, sure.

As for the rest, I'll keep it in mind if I get to a point where I know how to edit that stuff.

Reactions: aisaacflamero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol