ROM Hack FE Fates USA: Custom Playable Characters DLC

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@EmblemCrossing
That may've just been due to it being an older version, or region inconsistencies or whatever.
QifMOQv.gif

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when @whitewolf8 tried mine before, it didn't work, but I'm not sure what the issue was..

Anyway, I'll get to it. I think I'll do the extdata dump with what I have (Omegablu's V2 and DeathChaos's V6) I don't think it's important to update for 6.5 yet, but if a V7 is in the works from @DeathChaos25, then I'll be sure to update it when that comes. (and whenever Omegablu's update happens)

Just don't want to have to wipe my extdata right now, but I'll get the dump.
Extra data wipe isn't needed unless you have stuff in extra data that isn't my/Deathchaos' dlc.
Why? Why must you rip open that wound by mentioning Pyrrha? :cry:

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extra data wipe isn't needed unless you have stuff in extra data that isn't my/Deathchaos' dlc.

Why? Why must you rip open that wound by mentioning Pyrrha? :cry:
I mean for DeathChaos' V6.5 I thinkneeds a wipe, since some characters had their reclass sets changed around

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I mean for DeathChaos' V6.5 I thinkneeds a wipe, since some characters had their reclass sets changed around
I don't think v7 may happen soon, ever since v6.5 I haven't really worked on it, since I've been a bit busy with college, and actually playing Fates, I've also very recently worked on something else.

That said, Sun/Moon is coming up soon, so is FFXV right after, so I don't think I'll work on V7 for now.

I may or may not still do other small things here and there though.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does require a wipe.

Urghhh alright I'm trying to think of the best way to do this..

Backup saves, delete extdata (not including my saves).
Install the newest versions of the DLC from the .cia.
Accsess the DLC and let it add them to my extdata.
Then, I gotta backup the extdata, wipe the saves from them and make that extdata the shared one.

Then I should be able to just.. be fine, I think? maybe?

I don't think v7 may happen soon, ever since v6.5 I haven't really worked on it, since I've been a bit busy with college, and actually playing Fates, I've also very recently worked on something else.

That said, Sun/Moon is coming up soon, so is FFXV right after, so I don't think I'll work on V7 for now.

I may or may not still do other small things here and there though.

But what if I write a lot of character dialogue for you? ~~ (honestly I just really want to write for a few of them. I can't come up with much for Sumeragi or Garon honestly.)

Reactions: Marth?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Urghhh alright I'm trying to think of the best way to do this..

Backup saves, delete extdata (not including my saves).
Install the newest versions of the DLC from the .cia.
Accsess the DLC and let it add them to my extdata.
Then, I gotta backup the extdata, wipe the saves from them and make that extdata the shared one.

Then I should be able to just.. be fine, I think? maybe?

But what if I write a lot of character dialogue for you? ~~ (honestly I just really want to write for a few of them. I can't come up with much for Sumeragi or Garon honestly.)
Well, I could always do something like v6.6, or v6.75, or v6.5.2, or...

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I could always do something like v6.6, or v6.75, or v6.5.2, or...

(and I will update the extdata every. single. time.)

Although, little updates like that would be nice. What do you consider to be worth a small version number tho? Chrom's 4th crit line? Seperate voice banks for the Awakening characters? I know you said you had some edits you wanted to add to Omegablu's if he wanted a "mini" update.

@Omegablu, wasn't there a mute Severa fix somewhere in your thread? I seem to have misplaced it..

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(and I will update the extdata every. single. time.)

Although, little updates like that would be nice. What do you consider to be worth a small version number tho? Chrom's 4th crit line? Seperate voice banks for the Awakening characters? I know you said you had some edits you wanted to add to Omegablu's if he wanted a "mini" update.

@Omegablu, wasn't there a mute Severa fix somewhere in your thread? I seem to have misplaced it..
There was by the wonderful TildeHat. I haven't implemented it yet. The last thing I worked on was trying (and failing hilariously) to fix the AIDs on the Hidden Truths trio so that the reclass glitch went away, but I ended up screwing up a bunch of pointers so I stopped for a while. If you guys want screenies of the hilariousness, I might post some.

Marth?

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to guess that the U.S extra data would probably be released first which is fine by me since I have a U.S copy of the game anyway.

I hope the PAL non-cfw people aren't left out though.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm going to guess that the U.S extra data would probably be released first which is fine by me since I have a U.S copy of the game anyway.

Extradata is the same for all regions/versions, no matter which combination you have, the files are the exact same.

Reactions: Marth?

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually, so long as the dlc cia is set up for all regions, one extra data dump will work on all regions. This depends on file placement for some of the files for Deathchaos's dlc, as I know mine is set up for that. The dump will even work if the dlc is set up wrong, but some text will not show (like custom names, etc)

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extradata is the same for all regions/versions, no matter which combination you have, the files are the exact same.
Unrelated to the thread itself, but what exactly is your sig???? Did you edit the HoF DLC or is that a completely new map?

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unrelated to the thread itself, but what exactly is your sig???? Did you edit the HoF DLC or is that a completely new map?

He added character specific dialogue in the Revelation chapter where you fight Sumeragi for Fuga/Xander. He made a post on reddit about it, and a video on his channel in his 0% growths run shows it off.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@EmblemCrossing

Any updates on the extra data dump?

Just got back to working on it. DeathChaos had something to fix, and I was plot resetting in New Leaf and lost track of time.

Edit: Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yer54wr9etjs1f/shared custom DLC extdata.rar?dl=0

@whitewolf8 you know why it didn't work last time? I think I dumped my extdata with the official DLC stuff mixed in. So the game probably didn't like that. Silly Emblem. This is why they only let you do dialogue stuff.

@Omegablu, @DeathChaos25, If you want to throw this in your OPs it might save ya a lot of questions ;o

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

Marth?

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got back to working on it. DeathChaos had something to fix, and I was plot resetting in New Leaf and lost track of time.

Edit: Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yer54wr9etjs1f/shared custom DLC extdata.rar?dl=0

@whitewolf8 you know why it didn't work last time? I think I dumped my extdata with the official DLC stuff mixed in. So the game probably didn't like that. Silly Emblem. This is why they only let you do dialogue stuff.

@Omegablu, @DeathChaos25, If you want to throw this in your OPs it might save ya a lot of questions ;o

Thank you so much! I'm going to test it right now :toot:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share