Gaming Fate/Extra CCC Translation Project

Farel13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Eh not so sure we should expect an official translation with this title. As much as Japan can release things on older consoles, in the West releasing games on consoles that are not current is nearly treated like a crime.

Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 6, Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin (PS2 version), and Fate/Extra CCC are all games that would have some audience here, but some marketing department team probably decided that even if there'd be profit from this, it'd be minimal, and so it's better to commit to a project that'll earn them more. At this point I'm not even going to blame them for it.

And to bring up another nasty example: Fate/hollow ataraxia is a game from 2005, and it still has no finished translation. It came out only a year after FSN, but FSN got its fan translation in...I don't know when, it had to be before 2008, but I can't find any earlier dates. This makes me pretty sure that a fan translation of CCC would also need many many years. I personally feel tired of waiting for each translation, so I started learning Japanese but it is incredibly difficult.

GradationAir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eh not so sure we should expect an official translation with this title. As much as Japan can release things on older consoles, in the West releasing games on consoles that are not current is nearly treated like a crime.

Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 6, Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin (PS2 version), and Fate/Extra CCC are all games that would have some audience here, but some marketing department team probably decided that even if there'd be profit from this, it'd be minimal, and so it's better to commit to a project that'll earn them more. At this point I'm not even going to blame them for it.

And to bring up another nasty example: Fate/hollow ataraxia is a game from 2005, and it still has no finished translation. It came out only a year after FSN, but FSN got its fan translation in...I don't know when, it had to be before 2008, but I can't find any earlier dates. This makes me pretty sure that a fan translation of CCC would also need many many years. I personally feel tired of waiting for each translation, so I started learning Japanese but it is incredibly difficult.

It's more about dedication I suppose, not everyone can spent all their time doing it, and most western translators aren't that hardcore. Some crazy asian translation group finished Shining Arc in less than two months(dafuq?).

It doesn't really help that Fate/extra CCC is actually quite difficult to crack, so there's also the technicality problem, as if type-moon translation isn't difficult enough.

Anyways with the awesome new Fate/stay night anime coming out(Heaven's Feel route?), it's not completely hopeless since they might port it again to psv or something... Nasu ports his games like a madman(Fate PC -> Fate PS2 with addons -> Fate PC with PS2 addons -> Fate PSV).

Aksys translations make me sick though. Most notably Ryougi's moveset.

Erestil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks all for replying I see a lot are interested in the game :D If I only knew how to compress - decompress .cpk T_T

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
and reading some text about fate/extra ccc all about, honestly I'm not sure whether I could follow the storyline anymore. nasuverse has a very complicated universe, rules, concept, myths, logic, etc and many times they are overwhelming.

Omegadark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea the last line in that article from Siliconera hints that Aksys might be bringing it over after all. What other RPG could possibly come over at this point for the PSP? besides SC.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NPJH50505_00000.jpg

The font is going to need to be fixed for any decent translation project to happen.

I'll try and see if I can fix it, but chances are it will require ASM hacking and I am very, very much a beginner with MIPS.

Update
I found where the font file is located. It's in /pack/PRELOAD.pak and is called font.txb

I figured I'd take the font file from the NTSC-U release of Fate/Extra and it kind of worked. Bad news is that I'm now 99% sure that this will require some ASM work.

NPJH50505_00001.jpg

I'll keep messing around and see if I can figure something out. No guarantees, though.

Reactions: Revan09 and eriol33

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is it possible to dump the text? if it's dumped, maybe the text can be translated through collective effort (I think one group did this with one NDS title). even the google translation maybe able to translate short sentences and it can be edited by humans, later.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to dump the text? if it's dumped, maybe the text can be translated through collective effort (I think one group did this with one NDS title). even the google translation maybe able to translate short sentences and it can be edited by humans, later.

I'm pretty sure I could program a tool to dump/insert the text. I'd have to look at how the files are setup, though.

I'd strongly discourage machine translations, though... those things spew out horrid Engrish that makes very little sense.

Someone did do a rough story translation for the game, though: https://tsukinoura.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/entry-1-data-entry/

I have no idea how accurate it is, but it is a thousand times better than anything you'd get from a machine.

Reactions: eriol33

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know the translation will probably be weird and even gibberish (although I read that google translation works better with short sentences). still, maybe it could reduce the pressure for the translator, instead of translating from the scratch, they will just "Editing" sentences. :)

EDIT:wow, that is a nice website. looks like I'm going to try play it. I played persona 2 innocent sin by reading the translated script before the patch and official version released years later, actually it's not as bad as you thought:lol:

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that on the picture.. so..what's the deal with font spacing anyway? I saw it on Sol Trigger translation project also.
The font is monospaced. Image Epoch does this with all of their games, as well as most Japanese developers. Few Japanese developers add properly spaced English characters to their game font.

Fixing it almost always requires some ASM work.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asm hacked some of the menus for fun, hopefully should look good with English inserted.
Unfortunately the menus all use separate code making it difficult to change them all and I really hope there's no auto-newlining.

I attached the new eboot to this post

ccc_1_example.png

ccc_0_example.png

ccc_2_example.png

ccc_3_example.png

Attachments

• CCC EBOOT.zip
    962.3 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: eriol33

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome job, JamRules.

I'm programming a tool to work with the game's files. If I can get all of the essentials done, I might start up a translation project. I've pretty much finished a .pak file unpacker & rebuilder. .txb files are identical to .pak, except they contain the texture files, so I shouldn't have to do much extra there. I'll start looking at making a text dumper/inserter very soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: