Fatal Frame USA Trial upgrade

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by bostonBC, Aug 5, 2017.

1. bostonBC
    OP

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    I installed Fatal Frame (USA) eShop to my CBHC system. It works fine but shows up in trial mode and gives an option to upgrade via the eShop.

Anyone know how to upgrade it from the trial version?

TIA

2. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    You forgot to install the DLC, the dlc is the rest of the game.

3. bostonBC
    OP

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    When I install the DLC it hangs on startup. I've tried downloading and reinstalling it several times but the DLC causes it to hang each time.

4. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    intresting, I'm going to test this as well. If it is hanging on me then something is amiss, however if it doesn't then its just you. (I have coldboothax as well btw)

5. bostonBC
    OP

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    And I just tried installing the EUR version (Project Zero) but it shows up as the trial version too. And there is no downloadable DLC for the EUR version through Wii U USB Helper.

6. monkeyman4412

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    just to make sure its "fatal frame:maiden" right? (I'm a usa wiiu owner, on 5.5.2. so What is you region and firm?)

Last edited by monkeyman4412, Aug 5, 2017
  7. bostonBC
    OP

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    Yes - Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water.

I'm trying it on my other Wii U that also has CBHC to see if it has the same problem there.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

USA region and 5.5.1 firmware spoofed to 5.5.2 and running CBHC which pushes it to 99.99.99 U,

8. bostonBC
    OP

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    Exact same problem on my other Wii U. Adding the DLC causes it to hang in a loop on the into sequence. No way to exit, have to pull the plug.

I ended up deleting the DLC, playing to the first save point and then reinstalling the DLC but it still hangs on the initial splash screen.

Decided to delete the game and download the free trial version. That way it will have a legitimate ticket for the game.

Hopefully that will fix it but the DL process is so slow, look like an hour and 10 minutes.

edit: Nope - downloaded the real free one, installed the DLC and it is still hanging at startup. Something must be wrong with the DLC.

Last edited by bostonBC, Aug 5, 2017
  9. monkeyman4412

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    ok, crappy computer rebooted without my knowledge so still downloading the game.

10. Trumpasaurus

Trumpasaurus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2017
    United States

Damn. Let me know what the fix is for this. I haven't gotten to those games yet, but I'll be watching this thread cause I'm sure it might happen to me.

11. bostonBC
    OP

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    I haven't found a fix, it looks like the DLC isn't sufficient to get it out of trial mode and causes the looping lock up of the system.

12. Trumpasaurus

Trumpasaurus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2017
    United States
    Try downloading EUR version. If you have CFW, it doesn’t make a difference, does it?

13. bostonBC
    OP

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    I did do that with the same results... or similar results as the EUR version doesn't have DLC.

Either way it shows a trial version.

14. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    Anyone managed to get this to work? Im having same problem.

15. xpoverzion

xpoverzion Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2017
    United States
    I have CBHC, and have been playing fatal frame (with DLC) just fine for the past couple weeks. Not sure where you are downloading your copy of Fatal Frame from, but I used "Wii U USB Helper" to download the game, and WUP Installer Mod Y to install the game to an external hard drive. Downloading and playing the game via this method has given me no issues whatsoever.