OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
According to all people saying "Yet another useless thread, with speculation and well, enough everyone." or "Honestly wait, speculations brings us nowhere and for what a FAQ it´s not even released.", I have to say: This is NO official FAQ, I just want to give an overview of all things confirmed by waninkoko yet. No rumors, no speculation, just facts from all the other threads for people who dont't want to read all posts in other topics.

Youtube Video

Q: What's a USB ISO-Loader?
A: With this application, you can play your Backups from an USB-Stick or external HDD.

Q: How do I get the ISOs on my Stick/HDD?
A: a) You can dump your game directly from de Wii's DVD Drive to your Stick/HDD.
b) You can use an application made by Kwiirk to copy your ISOs, stored on your computer's HDD, to your Stick/HDD.

Q: Can I use any Stick/HDD I want?
A: You can check the compability of your Stick/HDD in this List

Q: Everyone talks about WBS as a new filesystem, what is it and do I have to make a partition with this filesystem or can I use FAT/NTFS?
A: WBS is the filesystem developed by Waninkoko, but with the application made by Kwiirk, you'll be able to format your Stick/HDD and Copy your ISOs.

Q: When will the USB Loader be released?
A: Only Waninkoko could answer this. But according to the question "How far into developping this are you? Are you just testing or are you still coding? when will a release be out (how many days, weeks)?" He said "Testing more than coding."

Q: What speed will the games be loaded at?
A: Waninkoko confirmed, that they will load faster than 6x.

Q: So is the HDD going to be have to be exclusive to your backups now that you have to format for the WBS?
A: You can just create a seperate WBS partition and keep a FAT32 partition aswell.

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
What speed are the games loaded at? Will games that were running at 3x using the Gamma loader be running at 6x using this loader?

Cheers,
M

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mark.m.moran said:
What speed are the games loaded at? Will games that were running at 3x using the Gamma loader be running at 6x using this loader?

Cheers,
M
Jep and maybe faster! =)

Red_Squirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psp-cheats.it
XP
Country
Italy
KNoffel said:
A: a) You can dump your game directly from de Wii's DVD Drive to your Stick/HDD.
b) You can use an application made by Kwiirk to copy your ISOs, stored on your computer's HDD, to your Stick/HDD

Where you get this info (the B)?
unsure.gif

I knew that to dump your games directly from the Wii's DVD Drive was the only way
blink.gif

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any custom IOS's installed.

Will there be a streamlined IOS pack for the ISO-loader or will it be get file A from source A, then B from another place, then do this, then that... or will it just be a batch-style operation with one main program to do all the installing?

KNoffel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Red_Squirrel said:
unsure.gif

I knew that to dump your games directly from the Wii's DVD Drive was the only way
blink.gif

Waninkoko: You can create two partitions in a HDD: one for data, and another for games.

- So, we are really talking about a filesystem. Then how does the transfer: Iso->Hdd work?

Waninkoko: Dvd->Hdd
Iso->Hdd

- Any more clue as to how we get the ISO to the HDD?

Waninkoko: PC application made by kwiirk.

- How far into developping this are you? Are you just testing or are you still coding? when will a release be out (how many days, weeks)?

Waninkoko: Testing more than coding.

Source: GBATemp.net - Theoretic problem with putting ISOs on External USB Hard Drives (Post #22 #24 #26 by Waninkoko)

st0rax

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Red_Squirrel said:
KNoffel said:
b) You can use an application made by Kwiirk to copy your ISOs, stored on your computer's HDD, to your Stick/HDD

unsure.gif

blink.gif

1st possibilty: He asked Kwiirk or Waninkoko
2nd: the filesystem WBS can't be like FAT/FAT32; it must support isos or in general files bigger than 4 GB (DVD9!). NTFS isn't supported - yet. The loader wasn't released yet, so ntfs maybe implemented...

Angelus3K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pebls123 said:
Angelus3K said:
I thought Waninkoko already released the USB loader after it got leaked??
Nope, apparently someone hacked his account and posted that.

Oh right, so there's no official loader, just the leaked one?

(So what file did the imposter link to or was that the leaked version?)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
KNoffel said:
Youtube Video
b) You can use an application made by Kwiirk to copy your ISOs, stored on your computer's HDD, to your Stick/HDD.

--->Still a question for me is, if they won't be scrubbed/changed...so original 4.37 Size, with all Partitions...would love to see that...but very nice that you can store them from PC to USB-HD

Q: Can I use any Stick/HDD I want?
A: You can check the compability of your Stick/HDD in this List

Mhm..I knew this was a good idea of me...
tongue.gif
Please add your devices now!!! Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Q: When will the USB Loader be released?
A: Only Waninkoko could answer this. But according to the question "How far into developping this are you? Are you just testing or are you still coding? when will a release be out (how many days, weeks)?" He said "Testing more than coding."

Awesome!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +3
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck this heatwave, i don't usually sleep with a fan, but i believe the fan is getting put on the bed rather than beside it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S 12:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING AND IT'S STILL 78°, WHAT THE FUCK?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    78º seems abnormal for any part of the day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it was 96 F for the high, 78 F for the low today, in Ohio, bout same for bakerman in Michigan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    F = Freedom units
    +2
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    So... C = Cum units?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Clip units
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @HiradeGirl, That's how they get bigger loans at the bank.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Welp.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wasn't me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got around to playing A way out is pretty fun coop game to kill time
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and a buddy used to play that, is pretty fun. Graphics were pretty good also at that time, I think what 5-6 years ago. --Edit yea was 2018
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda...