USB Loader GX will only check for HDD when opening for the first time

ADooley8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey, looking for some help. So I have homebrewed my Wii so I can play backups of games on my Wii. I am using a 256GB SD card and all is working fine. My only issue is I want to disable the check for HDD. I have modified the settings to not mount USB and to boot in SD mode, and this works perfect everytime except for the first boot. On initial boot, it will check for HDD, and once it's booted and if i leave USB Loader GX and go back in, it won't check the second time. I have also added arguments to the meta.xml to set mountusb to 0 and sdmode to 1 to try and remedy this but to no avail. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

ADooley8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
If you downloaded USB Loader GX from Wii Guide or the Open Shop Channel recently then you should redownload it, since their copy included a bad meta.xml file that can cause this issue.

Thanks a mill! Tried this and still no joy....I am wondering, is it possible that USB loader is checking for the SD card before it is initialised, hence skipping it and going to the HDD since it only happens on boot? appreciate the help

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks a mill! Tried this and still no joy....I am wondering, is it possible that USB loader is checking for the SD card before it is initialised, hence skipping it and going to the HDD since it only happens on boot? appreciate the help
Do you have the loader installed directly to Priiloader? Since that breaks a bunch of stuff and you need to follow this guide to set it up correctly.

When the loaders installed to your SD card and you enable SD card mode the USB drive shouldn't ever be initialised.

ADooley8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Do you have the loader installed directly to Priiloader? Since that breaks a bunch of stuff and you need to follow this guide to set it up correctly.

When the loaders installed to your SD card and you enable SD card mode the USB drive shouldn't ever be initialised.
Thanks for the reply. I redone the forwarder and now it works on boot! my only issue now is, if i shut down using the shut down button in USB loader it'll boot to the system menu, but if i hold the power button down and turn it off that way then it'll boot to USB loader. Am i missing something simple or what could be the cause? thanks in advance

bddiddy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you downloaded USB Loader GX from Wii Guide or the Open Shop Channel recently then you should redownload it, since their copy included a bad meta.xml file that can cause this issue.
Spent all day hassling with my new 2TB HDD and was finally accepting the fact that I would NOT be able to load GC and Wii games from the usb using a loader, despite all the contrary evidence and advice. I had already formatted the drive to WFBS to make it a strict Wii drive, but your bit of info was what I needed. So I reformatted back to FAT32, got the new usbloadergx install and repaired the issue.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

ADooley8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Spent all day hassling with my new 2TB HDD and was finally accepting the fact that I would NOT be able to load GC and Wii games from the usb using a loader, despite all the contrary evidence and advice. I had already formatted the drive to WFBS to make it a strict Wii drive, but your bit of info was what I needed. So I reformatted back to FAT32, got the new usbloadergx install and repaired the issue.
Glad to hear! Yeah i use minitool partition tool to ensure it's FAT32 and find that has definitely given the best results!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol