Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not hard to get legit cards online guys

amazon
make sure it says sold and shipped by amazon, not some third party seller

ebay
buy from trusted retailers only (bestbuy, newegg, and a few other places)

and all above mentioned have their own sites which you can buy also

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you using the SD Card for?
If people scam you. You have the right to report them on EBay, however if the page Desc specificly says "SD Card does not work" nothing can be done.

Also certian SD Cards for certian items may not work as well.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
There is no God.
(In all seriousness though, even if the card does suck, with Amazon verified sellers it's pretty easy to get your money back. And with cards like that, you just know it isn't going to work the way you want)
True, but a casual buyer won't see that the 4.5 star rating is just sock puppet accounts and the return process takes forever. (Still waiting for Amazon to refund some money on a faulty phone case that was delivered to them a week ago)

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
True, but a casual buyer won't see that the 4.5 star rating is just sock puppet accounts and the return process takes forever. (Still waiting for Amazon to refund some money on a faulty phone case that was delivered to them a week ago)
In all honesty, I tried a cheap SD on Amazon a few weeks back and got screwed (never buy a Komputerbay card, they're the worst), but the refund process was incredibly smooth. Like I returned it and had a refund within three days. It might just be worse in the US than it is in the UK though.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would'nt want this to happen to me. I bought some DS cards on ebay, they were blue and not name brand, more generic than New super mario bros. Wii/U Title. They work okay, there 32 GB as the label says and were under $5 (got 4) I use them but one doesn't seem to work anymore (nothing can read it or format it) And transfers taye way too long average of 2MB. The 3ds included Memory card have better transfer even though is only 4 GB

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be honest when I normally use EBay I always keep in mind there will always be that one scammer who sells bad products. But I normally keep in mind the users good/bad scam rating. I don't use EBay A LOT. But I only really use it when looking for something like a SD Card. I actually found four being sold at once for like $14 USD for 4 4GB Cards made by Kingston. And they work fine.

When buying something like a hotel for $1000 don't use EBay. And do not shop for things like rare "games" or "discs" they are scams.

mjw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just as a follow up, the seller refunded my money but has gone on to sell more sd cards which are most likely fakes too, I mean a 64gb sdhc card? these don't exist. So I posted negative feedback describing the cards as fake and ebay has removed the comments, serious to god you couldn't make it up, thankfully I'm not the poor sap on their honeymoon who's unaware that with each photo and video clip they're overwriting previous ones.

mjw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
obviously it depends on the seller, I've bought a lot of stuff off it and there's been few problems, the original post was just a reminder to be careful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1