Homebrew [Fake] Nintendo Switch AutoRCM Tool (working on ALL system versions UP to 6.0.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwishTeam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is malware, if you find it in the wild please don't run it

Introduction
:
Hey there GBATemp, today I'm publicly releasing the first version of my Nintendo Switch AutoRCM Tool -- A useful program that I've been working on for quite a few weeks now.

User Friendly Explanation:
This program allows you to boot RCM mode on your Nintendo Switch simply through the connection of a USB-C to USB-A cable, without needing to use any external devices! (Such as a paperclip or RCM Jig)

Advanced User Explanation:
The Nintendo Switch AutoRCM Tool has components of the NVIDIA Tegra X1 software built into the source, which allows me to manipulate the graphics card flaw directly from the program. This is most useful to people who are scared of shorting circuits on their right joycon. Now, that is no longer needed!

I've also added Payload Support into the program, meaning once you've got your console in RCM mode, you can instantly execute the payload of your choice as long as it locally exists on your drive.

Requirements:
- Nintendo Switch (obviously)
- USB-C to USB-A cable
- Computer or Laptop running Windows Vista and greater (I'm still working on a build for Linux users)
- Microsoft Framework 2.0 or later (This is by default pre-installed on Windows 7 and up)

Setup:
To make this easier for everyone, I'll be listing the setup steps in bullet point format.

EXTRA NOTE: You MUST have your Nintendo Switch completely powered off before attempting to use any features of the program, or else the tool will freeze and crash.

1) Download the RAR file attached to this thread.
2) Extract it to wherever you wish.
3) Turn your Nintendo Switch ON, and set your USB-C to USB-A cable up to your PC.
4) Open "Nintendo Switch AutoRCM Tool" from the RAR file you previously extracted from step 2.
5) Turn your console COMPLETELY off without disconnecting the cable.
6) Remove your right joycon off your console, so nothing is touching any circuits.
7) Make sure the program status is showing "USB connection" as DETECTED.
8) Hit the big "Execute AutoRCM" button to initialize your console and trigger the graphics card vulnerability on the console.
9) Wait about 10-15 seconds, you should then see "RCM Status" change from NO RCM to RCM OK.
10) Go to the payload section, and then select the payload off your local drive that you want to load by pressing the "..." button next to the path line.
11) Once you've selected the payload, simply hit the "Execute Payload" button.
12) A message box saying "Execution Successful!" will appear after 5 seconds of pressing the button.
12) You should now see your payload loaded and ready for use on your Nintendo Switch.

FAQ:
Q: Does this put my console at risk of bricking?
A: No, as long as you follow every step listed properly, everything will work as expected.

Q: Does this require any knowledge from my end?
A: Not really. Just follow the steps in the right order and you'll be just fine.

Q: The program is not opening for me. Is my computer supported?
A: Double check your computers .NET framework version, and make sure it's installed properly.

Q: My computer and/or browser is saying this is an unsafe file. What's going on?
A: This might be a possible occurrence, due to the fact that this program has internal sources which aren't normally seen in programs. If your Anti Virus or browser is flagging it, simply dismiss and restore the file. This is called a False Positive.

Furthermore:
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions to this project, feel free to comment on this thread; or you can contact me on discord for a faster reply! Swish Team#8280

Thank you for your time everyone. Have fun Switch Hacking!
This project will be receiving periodic updates in the future.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! This is absolutely amazing. This plus the Mario Odyssey Mastermode mod released today, someone can literally start the mod up with no external/janky tools.

Now my friend definitely can't say no to hacking his switch. Thank you!

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I'm seeing a post 1 day ahead of my timezone even if we're in the same country, AND the person removes the jig step in RCM mode!

EDIT:
I was wondering where the rar file was. Ok, will wait. Sounds exciting either way
Oh shit 666 post count

Last edited by altorn,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the file has now been removed, this is a warning to anyone who has downloaded the file: DO NOT RUN IT! The below is the result of running it in a sandboxed virtual machine.
Y9c5lMY.png

Last edited by Draxzelex,

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Explanation

This program is throwing up a lot of virus checker positives, please don't use it until the source is given and someone checks it, or someone tests it in an isolated environment.

Um ok. I found it kinda weird a complete newbie posted something as advanced as this. Will be tuned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Damnit why am I such an idiot...

>doesnt disclose what specific bug
>not on github
>brand new account

me:
latest

i'd probably eat shit if you spoon fed it to me, said to ignore the smell and told me it was chocolate.

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Windows only, no source, no evidence. Maybe later on. Why use the exact same name of an existing technique? This is too sketchy.

Last edited by bodefuceta,

noahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Decompiling it (dotPeek) shows heavy obfuscation, references to DHCP services (which can open traffic to your network through UPnP), references to kernel32.dll and some other crypto stuff. There's nothing related to Switch or USB comms anywhere.

It's a virus boys, move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: