Hacking F##* up my new3DS

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All went fine eccept the section below but i already dit this the last time.

View attachment 78246
There is 2 things to do this the image you posted. 1st put a9lh bin in CTR NAND.
It should look like this:
WIN_20170213_17_54_15_Pro.jpg

2nd dump the DSP.
In the 3ds folder on the SD card you should have a file called dspfirm.cdc
WIN_20170213_17_55_10_Pro.jpg

If the files are the same as in my images your are done. If not whats missing or what happened the last time.

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you checked that you have arm9loaderhax.bin in CTR NAND. try rebooting your system without the sd card. and hold select. if you boot to Luma then forget it. if you don't then replace the arm9loaderhax.bin in CTR NAND.

Other than that, glad to see you have your 3ds working again. I can't stress enough the importance of making a back up of your sd files from time to time as SD Cards will fail or become corrupted without notice.

Last edited by Meliodas2255,
Reactions: Natsuru

sqloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the guide it says to dump DSP with the homebrew launcher but when i boot HBL i get an error message.
I'm not at home now so i can check the error message and post it when i get home.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Again thanks for all the help, also the people who declared me stupid.
Next time i want to clean things up i will think twice and won't.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
In the guide it says to dump DSP with the homebrew launcher but when i boot HBL i get an error message.

HBL doesn't work on 11.3 if Clock+L2 is enabled on Luma settings. As the guide instructs you to enable this if you use N3DS I'm inclined to believe you have it enabled. Disable it in order to access HBL. Once you've done DSPDump though you should enable it again because really, you won't need HBL for anything.

cainan__c

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The system boots with the original SD card but freezes up after a few seconds.
This also happens with a faulty game card [i experienced the game card crash with a water damaged dry ds card (no cfw)] or well memory corruption
OR DELETING THINGS FROM NAND!
Try Booting with out a gamecard in
PS:My Brother has a DSi and all apps would crash the system [even settings]

Last edited by cainan__c,

sqloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is the error I get opening HBL.
Disabled clock+L2 before trying.

Attachments

• 20170214_183546.jpg
    20170214_183546.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 120

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Do you have the latest Homebrew Loader? 1.3 is latest. Also you must be connected to wifi for it to be able to download payloads.

Even if you can't get it working I wouldn't stress over it too much. You don't NEED HBL for anything, and DSP Dump is not essential. Without it you can't hear sound in Homebrew apps so it doesn't apply to games .. Pretty minor setback considering most apps don't even have sounds.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Distrance, every time, every time. Too damn fast.

:rofl2:

I'm pretty bored right now so I'm just stalking the subforums and replying to threads as they pop up. You'll get your change when I get bored of this too .. :ha:

What exactly did you delete, i deleted something from the private folder and my 2ds is still alive!(In the sd card).

Like I said above, this has been solved already. Doesn't really matter what he deleted.

OldSchoolTech

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Use soundhax to launch it or else get hblauncher_loader 1.3 as said above. It's likely 1.2 you're using. Soundhax still works to launch it either way as long as you have the payload on the SD card.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBL doesn't work on 11.3 if Clock+L2 is enabled on Luma settings. As the guide instructs you to enable this if you use N3DS I'm inclined to believe you have it enabled. Disable it in order to access HBL. Once you've done DSPDump though you should enable it again because really, you won't need HBL for anything.
That's weird, I'm able to use the HBL on 11.3 with the *hax 2.9 payload and hblauncher_loader v1.3 with Clock+L2 enabled in Luma.

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's because it was fixed in a later commit. some users however still have 6.6 stable release and if they have clock-L2 enable it won't work for them. Based on the limited information OP gave us. we can only assumed that OP still on the stable release and doesn't hurt to disable these features in an attempt to solve his issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?