Hacking EZFlash alternative

Bun-Bun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Came back after two years of not playing much hand held games. Find EZFlash is non existent. Upgraded my EZFlash Vi to latest f/w and shell and all games work great... on my DSLite.

Looking at getting the R4i GOLD 3DS RTS cart so that I can use any of my systems with it (DSLite, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL).

Anything I need to know coming from using nothing but EZFlash for the past 8 years? Will my sav's transfer over?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The DS cart world, should you want to use it on the DSi/3ds, boils down to
Supercard.
R4i gold.
More http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/

Supercards come at a reasonable expense but have nice features, including GBA emulation, SNES emulation and more besides.
The R4i gold does games, has a reasonable feature set and is reasonably cheap. However the to get past updates (Nintendo has stepped up their game) the solution has tended to be "upgrade to a new cart" about every other release from Nintendo.

Saves should transfer over as long as you name them whatever things need to be named for your chosen cart. Worst case scenario you convert them using something like http://shunyweb.info/convert.php or http://saves.uniquegeeks.net/

Bun-Bun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey FAST6191! I remember you from the Ezflash sosuke forums.

So if I don't want to buy new cards every major 3DS f/w release I should go with the supercard?

Guess I need to decide if its worth it. I can always use my ezflash on my dslite which lets me still play GBA games as well.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I am still wandering around.

3ds hacking is progressing and does seem to be taking the form of hacking the 3ds firmware, to that end before too long you might see a option there for any and all DS flash carts to work. Do note you need a 4.5 or older firmware 3ds to make use of that and nobody is anticipating much work being done on newer firmwares. Likewise I would not bank on the DS stuff being unlocked either.

Otherwise yeah the DSTwo is the only thing that has stuck around through multiple 3ds firmware updates, even with Nintendo upping their game every time these days. If you do not want the GBA emulation, and if you still have a 4g EZ3 I can certainly not blame you, it does get to be a slightly pricey thing, though still cheaper than GBA era stuff.

Personally the idea of keeping up with the 3ds seems like too much aggro, would rather impact on pocket space though if I had to carry two systems around.

Bun-Bun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heh yeah I still have EZF3, EZF4, EZF4lite bundle, EZF5(and Vi). Have GBA SP and micro, along with all the DS's.

I have a 3DS with 4.4. After I got my 3DS XL and found out about the f/w issues I went to a local privately owned store and found a 2012 copywrite purple 3DS. My XL was already 6.2 so I went up updated it and its my "legit" system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can