Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New EZ Flash IV Lite Re-design on the Way! *Update*

Dust cover size

We knew it would happen eventually, and now it looks like it has! Reliable news source yyjoy have a photo of a new design of the EZ Flash IV Lite!
No more is known about the new design at the moment, except that some of the available colours will be white, pink and ice blue.

Whether this is just a replacement case for the existing PCB (unlikely, but would be great) or a whole new case and PCB is unknown.

ez4lnew.jpg

We'll bring you more news on the new re-design as we get it.

Source: yyjoy

Update:
Bad news folks! This new EZ Flash IV Lite re-design is an entirely new product.
The new EZ Flash IV Lite "Compact", as you can see from the leaked photo, will be DS Lite dust cover sized and will come in two variations. The casing will NOT accept the original EZ Flash IV Lite PCB.

The first version of the new EZ Flash IV Lite "Compact" (let's just call that the EZ4LC from now on
wink.gif
) will support both DS and GBA ROMs.
The second version will only support DS ROMs and will be cheaper than the first.

The only confirmed case colours so far, are; white; black and pink. They are still deciding on what other colours to provide. Also, the EZ4LC will use the same PC client software as the original EZ4 and Lite.

CWar

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I just hope this is just a replacement case. There's no way I'm spending on another flash cart. But it does look like another flash cart. It says EZ-Flash iV Lite Compact.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just hope this is just a replacement case. There's no way I'm spending on another flash cart. But it does look like another flash cart. It says EZ-Flash iV Lite Compact.
If you look carefully at the pic, it's POSSIBLE that it's just a replacement shell.

Reasons?[*]There's no PCB in the case.[*]If you look at the "lip" on the end, you can see it has a very big groove on the inside of it. Possibly to make room for the PCB inside the case? They need all the extra space they can get in that casing.[*]The micro SD slot is in the same place.[*]If you look on the right hand side inside the casing in the pic, you'll notice a square groove. This square groove also appears in the original EZ4L's casing.
smile.gif

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just cuz there is no black case in there doesnt mean they wont make it or havent made it already..its just one pic

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really hope this is just a replacement shell. I'll pay for that, but I will be getting my EZIV in the mail tomorrow, so I'm NOT buying another flashcart right away. If I was going to do that I'd wait until the M3 slot 1 approach is released.

Looking forward to updates.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it is going to be a new PCB to make adjustments to size (flush with DS lite) and speed (take away the bottleneck to run castlevania movie smoothly and other games as well).

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill be happy with either or...if its a completely new flash kit i already have someone who would buy my old one for regular price...so i wont be at a loss of cash for the new one...i just really like the design of the cart..doesnt look like some boring ass dust cover..actually looks like a flush fitting game cart with scrawls awesome design
smile.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
except that some of the available colours will be white, pink and ice blue.

thats a sign that it could be no black version
frown.gif
hope their is though

I think this will be a new version of the EZ FLash Lite with improvements made to it.
These three colours are the only ones we've seen from these photos!
biggrin.gif

If they decided to make a pink case, why on Earth wouldn't they release black and navy too?
smile.gif
I'm sure they will release it in all four colours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Except all of reddit 4chan and YouTube reviewers