ROM Hack Extracting models and textures from 3DS games

KnightMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface Python 3 isn't working either. I get all the same errors as above plus some parsetexture errors before that.

If it matters I get errors in lines 191, 214, 227, for cgfx2obj and 522, 709, and 957 in python27\lib\subprocess.py
I've also tried installing Pillow which is the replacement for PIL for python 3.4
I have a feeling that it's a problem with etc.exe, so what exactly do I do with that? It's in the same folder as cgfx2obj.py

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface Python 3 isn't working either. I get all the same errors as above plus some parsetexture errors before that.

If it matters I get errors in lines 191, 214, 227, for cgfx2obj and 522, 709, and 957 in python27\lib\subprocess.py
I've also tried installing Pillow which is the replacement for PIL for python 3.4
I have a feeling that it's a problem with etc.exe, so what exactly do I do with that? It's in the same folder as cgfx2obj.py

you have etc.exe in the right place. try running it from a command prompt with no arguments and seeing if it doesn't give you a dll error or something. I know that was an issue with mine until I copied the dlls it needed.

KnightMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlls? I downloaded the exe from the op so I don't believe I got any. Where would I get them from?
I got the missing dlls, but I'm still getting the same errors. I'll paste the code of cgfx2obj.py on the lines that I get errors on.
191: call(["etc.exe","tmp_etc",str(w),str(h)])
214: parseTexture(b,textureDataOffset,textureDataSize,textureDataWidth,textureDataHeight,textureDataFormat)
227: parseTXOB(srcdata,i*4)

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
dlls? I downloaded the exe from the op so I don't believe I got any. Where would I get them from?
I got the missing dlls, but I'm still getting the same errors. I'll paste the code of cgfx2obj.py on the lines that I get errors on.
191: call(["etc.exe","tmp_etc",str(w),str(h)])
214: parseTexture(b,textureDataOffset,textureDataSize,textureDataWidth,textureDataHeight,textureDataFormat)
227: parseTXOB(srcdata,i*4)

You probably are calling the python script wrong. One thing that should probably get it to work, try to put the etc.exe file in your C:\Windows folder (together with it's DLLs). If it's a path issue, then putting it in there is bound to work.

KnightMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling the script wrong? I'm just putting the directories of everything directly into cmd so if that's the problem then I don't know what to do. I'll try putting the programs in the windows folder and see if that works though.
EDIT: It seems I can't paste files in there. I paste it, it asks for the admin password, I put it in, it says 'copying' and finishes but the files don't end up there. Any other suggestions?

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Calling the script wrong? I'm just putting the directories of everything directly into cmd so if that's the problem then I don't know what to do. I'll try putting the programs in the windows folder and see if that works though.
EDIT: It seems I can't paste files in there. I paste it, it asks for the admin password, I put it in, it says 'copying' and finishes but the files don't end up there. Any other suggestions?

By "Calling it wrong" I mean you most likely call it by "C:\script\path\cgfx2obj.py". Instead, first cd into the script's directory and call it just by its name.

Reactions: KnightMario

KnightMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems to have worked, thanks! However some of the textures seem to look quite weird, that might just be how it normally is. I'll check and see.

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. I can't seem to get Kid Icarus Uprising bcres files to convert to an .obj file using this.

I keep getting this error:

SI3DmHy.png

Fawfulthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in getting the sprites out of Mario & Luigi Dream Team and Paper Mario Sticker Star. Is this the tool I need to do so? I believe I have a Dream Team ROM however it consists of a lot of files (as-mldt.r00,as-mldt.r01, etc) and I don't know which one is my ROM. Is it as-mldt.3ds? I used this method to get an EncryptedRomFS.bin, but I don't know where to go from there. Help appreciated!

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in getting the sprites out of Mario & Luigi Dream Team and Paper Mario Sticker Star. Is this the tool I need to do so? I believe I have a Dream Team ROM however it consists of a lot of files (as-mldt.r00,as-mldt.r01, etc) and I don't know which one is my ROM. Is it as-mldt.3ds? I used this method to get an EncryptedRomFS.bin, but I don't know where to go from there. Help appreciated!

That's a bunch of separated rar files. You gotta open one up with an archiving application like 7zip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153