Country

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
to be honest, the cart itself looks, how can i say this kind of like a beta kind of thing , and in one of the pictures you can see right thru it and see the orange box behind it also from what i've see the acekard in the past hasn't had the best frequent updates so i will give this a miss, also i don't see any mention of a micro SD slot? so why is everyone saying there is one? the usb port thingy looks like the ds xtreeme.
Well the card is transparent(wrong word?) but you're probably talking about the reflection off the sticker? You still can't see through the chip. Still the best looking cart to me anyway(doesn't have a ugly designed front sticker). I thought the main problem with the first Acekard was pretty much how the system worked for the card but had good compatibility.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
poor updates for their previous flash carts, says it all really, also their previous flash carts were using some unusual file format or something which was unnecessary.

^ This is true. But again, look at TeamCyclops. They didn't support their other carts very well. And now their slot 1 cart is probably the most well supported cart there is right now. So maybe the Acekard team will be doing the samething.

But, the fact that they're making this cart open source, may be an indication of how their support will be. Who knows.

I do agree about you getting a CycloDS though. At least you know you'll be getting quality updates for that cart.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
to be honest, the cart itself looks, how can i say this kind of like a beta kind of thing , and in one of the pictures you can see right thru it and see the orange box behind it also from what i've see the acekard in the past hasn't had the best frequent updates so i will give this a miss, also i don't see any mention of a micro SD slot? so why is everyone saying there is one? the usb port thingy looks like the ds xtreeme.

Well the card is transparent(wrong word?) but you're probably talking about the reflection off the sticker? You still can't see through the chip. Still the best looking cart to me anyway(doesn't have a ugly designed front sticker). I thought the main problem with the first Acekard was pretty much how the system worked for the card but had good compatibility.

I like the look of it quite alot, especially the transparent plastic and non-ugly sticker. hell i think i might even like it better with no sticker at all.

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly looks so great about it?!

I'm genuinely bemused as to why people are seemingly having orgasms over how 'awesome' it is.

To be honest I'm still on very old tech anyway with the G6 Lite, but in all honesty, what can this new card do that mine can't?! If there's some omfgwtfawesome new additions that make it a worthy purchase I may be tempted but I can't see anything that great. Maybe a more fair comparison is what does this offer compared to an R4?

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still think the embossed logo was enough, but at least the sticker is in the back and looks good/decent. If it does what it says currently, it's just as good or better than the other carts.(except for some ingame extra features)

I'm actually excited for this because I've been waiting for a slot-1 device.(still using a M3 miniSD on a lite
wink2.gif
) The main reasons I would get this instead of other carts are:

1. It's aesthetically pleasing(the cart itself and the interface)
2. Dual memory
3. Open source(customization of the cart)
4. The other small things included in the GUI

But there's always those products with a feature that doesn't work too well, or at all, as their teams claim it should. So I'm really hoping it does what it says. But any of the features mean nothing if the old features don't work as well as other carts.

chrishull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like a nice card with various options could be the next card I but but just bought 3 M3 simply for my Kids.

My question is "Why is it everyone go`s on about the sticker on all DS slot 1 carts when you don`t seem them when they are in the DS" ?

Zaolen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be honest I'm still on very old tech anyway with the G6 Lite, but in all honesty, what can this new card do that mine can't?! If there's some omfgwtfawesome new additions that make it a worthy purchase I may be tempted but I can't see anything that great.

I think i can see your point of view: you have a flash card that runs yours backups just fine and you don't use it for anything else, so why bother buying a new one?

I congratulate you for being happy with what you have.

That said, the list of features this card has and G6 Lite don't are obvious:
-Don't have to patch roms
-Higher transfer speed from pc to flash card
-You don't need to use a special loader to connect to pc, so if it's broken you can buy a new one in any computer store
-There is no need of patcher programs, so linux and mac users don't have to use emulators
-You don't have to use a passcard or have had your DS flashed
- It's OPEN SOURCE
-... And others features you maybe o maybe not care about.

As I have said, I hope you continue using your G6 Lite and being as happy as you are right now, but for those who wants to buy a flash card, this card is a winner (if the promises become reality)

P.D. Sorry about my english, but I think it's undestable enough
wink.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
^ This is true. But again, look at TeamCyclops. They didn't support their other carts very well. And now their slot 1 cart is probably the most well supported cart there is right now. So maybe the Acekard team will be doing the samething.

But, the fact that they're making this cart open source, may be an indication of how their support will be. Who knows.

I do agree about you getting a CycloDS though. At least you know you'll be getting quality updates for that cart.

yeah i've watched team cyclops for a while and their updates so far have been frequent which i like, regardless of the acekard getting open source it still wont be the most well supported or well popular flash cart out there compared to other flash carts, and i can't wait to get a cyclo DS, i'm fed up of the R4DS lack of features compared to the cyclo DS, can't get it now though as i'm getting a new ipod by the end of next month, besides i'm waiting for cyclo DS to release a black version of their cart, i've heard they were gonna release it?

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wow, the Acekard R.P.G. GUI looks great
ohmy.gif

it looks like great hardware. but i don't know if it's really usefull to have both micro sd ans nand memory. and it will more expensive than others 1-slot solution.
Actually, its ingenious. Because then people can use a crappy MicroSD card for most roms, and still be able to run games that won't work on crappy MicroSD cards
biggrin.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My question is "Why is it everyone go`s on about the sticker on all DS slot 1 carts when you don`t seem them when they are in the DS" ?

You can see that small area at the top of the cart
nyanya.gif
But I actually hate stickers anyway and I actually would rather have that official Nintendo DS label that shows or nothing at all.

yeah i've watched team cyclops for a while and their updates so far have been frequent which i like, regardless of the acekard getting open source it still wont be the most well supported or well popular flash cart out there compared to other flash carts, and i can't wait to get a cyclo DS, i'm fed up of the R4DS lack of features compared to the cyclo DS, can't get it now though as i'm getting a new ipod by the end of next month, besides i'm waiting for cyclo DS to release a black version of their cart, i've heard they were gonna release it?
Isn't it possible for things to change for current and future flashcarts by the time you actually purchase it?

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Card looks good in this early stadium. I like that Acekard people haven't made any over-the-top claims like "debugging homebrew over USB" yet, everything from the Press release surely sounds plausible, IMHO. If they really open source their Software and publish everything under a free license (without relying on any official Nintendo SDK stuff) this will be the most future-proof card out there.

[...] also from what i've seen the acekard in the past hasn't had the best frequent updates [...]
poor updates for their previous flash carts, says it all really [...].
There were other comments in this thread saying that updates for Acekard were fine, even providing updates to Acekard+ for regular Acekard users. I also haven't read any complaints about any games not working with Acekard. What's the basis for your claim? Links, please!

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still want a nice review before I buy mine
tongue.gif

And of course, a confirmation that all source has been released under a valid open source license (and NOT restricting the source to those who own the AceKard, it must be free to all).

QUOTE said:
There were other comments in this thread saying that updates for Acekard were fine, even providing updates to Acekard+ for regular Acekard users. I also haven't read any complaints about any games not working with Acekard. What's the basis for your claim? Links, please!
I'm pretty sure he means low compability with homebrew, due to AceKard's proprietary filesystem.

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yes, I like how well it blends with Onyx DS Lite.

Putting aesthetic values aside, if it get good reviews, I might be interested in getting one
smile.gif

acekard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
poor updates for their previous flash carts, says it all really, also their previous flash carts were using some unusual file format or something which was unnecessary.

We wanna clarify it.
Actually,We've two products before AK RPG. Which are AceKard and AceKard+. And AK+ use FAT so you can just drag and drop a rom from your PC to TF card to play it. What you talk about ""unusual file format" are AKFS and it's only used in AK. AK+ support AKFS and FAT both.
And for the "poor updates", yes, we do not need to update our firmware for the compatibility. This is what we are proud of:). But we keep updating save type list even though our users can update it by themselves. We'd like to provide best service for every user. any issue you can post it in our forum(www.acekard.com/bbs) or email us(acekard#gmail.com).

We hope AK RPG can bring you more funs in your DS.
Thank you all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...